Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd vs Chase Targets
In the first 2 games Boyd has had 9 targets while Chase has had 25. It looks like we are forcing the Ball to Chase while ignoring Boyd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Burrow appears to not be going through his progressions.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow appears to not be going through his progressions.

hes looked confused out there this year. bad reads, bad decisions. forcing throws. theres times when looks like he dont know what hes lookin at
Reply/Quote
Is Boyd getting open consistently??
Reply/Quote
Really Boyd has become an after thought and I'm not sure why. Chase and Higgins are more explosive but Boyd at one point in time was our #1 receiver. I just can't believe he's not getting open at least enough. We have too many weapons to be this bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:07 PM)J24 Wrote: In the first 2 games Boyd has had 9 targets while Chase has had 25. It looks like we are forcing the Ball to Chase while ignoring Boyd.

Boyd had 7 targets in Week 1.  Against the Cowboys, we ran a bunch of 2 TE/extra OL looks.  That pulls Boyd off the field.  Boyd also only has 6 catches for 50 yards on those 9 targets, so it's not like he's setting the world on fire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd had 7 targets in Week 1.  Against the Cowboys, we ran a bunch of 2 TE/extra OL looks.  That pulls Boyd off the field.  Boyd also only has 6 catches for 50 yards on those 9 targets, so it's not like he's setting the world on fire.

They had Wilcox out there as the 2nd TE.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They had Wilcox out there as the 2nd TE.

True, but Mixon had 19 carries in a game where we trailed basically the entire game.  A lot of those carries came out of 2 TE and heavy looks. If folks want Mixon featured heavily, it's going to come at the expense of the WR's.  If someone's losing targets, it isn't going to be Chase.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote