Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd wants JJ Watt to be a Bengal
Not sure how likely this situation would be, but I'd definitely support having a JJ Watt on the Bengals!

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tyler-boyd-wants-jj-watt-to-sign-with-the-bengals?fbclid=IwAR1cKGgD5oZTnC-KhefvQdT5yeL8AZ_E_clnvV71wnIY5eYoqTyZ0n9IZu8

Quote:The Bengals are expected to aggressively address their weaknesses this offseason—both in the draft and in free agency.

Adding quality players in the trenches is a priority.

Wide receiver Tyler Boyd wants Cincinnati to go after star pass rusher J.J. Watt. The Texans released the five-time All-Pro on Friday.

"@JJWatt Bengals bro lets turn this sh-- up," Boyd tweeted on Sunday morning.

Watt is still one of the premier pass rushers in the NFL. His ability to play inside and outside, while impacting the quarterback is a rare trait that would help plenty of teams.

He appeared in all 16 games in 2020, finishing with 52 tackles, five sacks and 17 quarterback hits. He was the seventh highest graded edge defender according to Pro Football Focus (85.5).

Watt reportedly wants to join a contender. The Bengals certainly don't fall in that category following a 4-11-1 season.

Cincinnati did sign former Texans defensive tackle D.J. Reader in free agency last offseason. He played with Watt for four seasons in Houston.

The Steelers, Buccaneers, Packers and Ravens are the favorites to sign Watt. The Bengals aren't listed on the latest odds.

Adding a player like Watt would be huge for Cincinnati, but it probably won't happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
interesting about Boyd tweeting that...wondering if there is something brewing....Reader Im sure has put in his recommendation and ma(ybe lobbying
Watt to consider at least a visit. As I have said earlier posts, Watt I think would be a good 2 to 3 yr deal guy with roster bonuses based on being able to play. He would bring instant leadership and fire this D still lacks IMO. Think of Watt and maybe a Shaq Barret or a high Draft (Edge) pick?
and let Lawson test the market. Also, not sold on Pitt being a contender anymore....do you recall how we whooped them and how badly Browns kicked thier asses in playoffs? Looks like a team on decline and Big Ben could retire too? He looks ready and when you hear him speak he seems one foot out the door sometimes .
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 12:54 PM)kalibengal Wrote: interesting about Boyd tweeting that...wondering if there is something brewing....Reader Im sure has put in his recommendation and ma(ybe lobbying
Watt to consider at least a visit.   As I have said earlier posts, Watt I think would be a good 2 to 3 yr deal guy with roster bonuses based on being able to play. He would bring instant leadership  and fire this D still lacks IMO.   Think of Watt and maybe a Shaq Barret or a high Draft (Edge) pick?  
and let Lawson test the market.  Also, not sold on Pitt being a contender anymore....do you recall  how we whooped them and how badly Browns kicked thier asses in playoffs?  Looks like a team on decline and Big Ben could retire too? He looks ready and when you hear him speak he seems one foot  out the door sometimes .

I think that Watt has plenty left in the tank.  His stats have diminished, due to a serious loss of talent around him in Houston.  As for Shaq Barrett?  After the breakout season he had, and getting an offer revoked by the Bengals last year..  Good luck with that, he's going to be looking for $20M

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think it would be exciting to see him in stripes. He could be a good leader.

Reply/Quote
I can't stand Watt. This situation would be James Harrison part deux. In Watt's case, it would be part douche.
Reply/Quote
Watt would be crazy to come here... He's on the back 9 of his career, and it'd be wasted in Cincinnati. I think he'd be a huge addition in the locker room if nothing else, but I just don't see it happening.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 03:12 PM)samhain Wrote: I can't stand Watt.  This situation would be James Harrison part deux.  In Watt's case, it would be part douche.

Hmm, does it really matter if the guy has a great personality or not?  I mean the Bengal defense hasn't had any hard asses with attitude and flair since the days of Burfict, Nelson and Adam Jones.  A little false pride and bravado could go a long way toward raising up that young LB corps we have.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Players want every big free agent on their team. Just shut up lmao
Reply/Quote
He's probably going to go to pissburgh to be with his dimwit brothers....
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 06:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's probably going to go to pissburgh to be with his dimwit brothers....

Read something the other day that he didn’t want to play with his brothers for some reason.

Reply/Quote
Would like Watt to come here since I think his contract will be reasonable, but it's unlikely he'll come to Cincinnati as he's almost certainly destined for somewhere where he can win now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Read something the other day that he didn’t want to play with his brothers for some reason.

Yeah, somebody named Grossi (not familiar with him/her) reported that 'per a source' a few days ago.

Not sure why he wouldn't. He may not want to play against them twice a season, either. My guess is hell end up on the short list of teams likely to make it to the sb. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 08:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, somebody named Grossi (not familiar with him/her) reported that 'per a source' a few days ago.

Not sure why he wouldn't. He may not want to play against them twice a season, either. My guess is hell end up on the short list of teams likely to make it to the sb. 

I read that, as well.  I haven't seen anything since that would support or kill that claim, but it seems to me that if the story had legs, we would have seen something else on it by now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 05:23 PM)jason Wrote: Watt would be crazy to come here... He's on the back 9 of his career, and it'd be wasted in Cincinnati. I think he'd be a huge addition in the locker room if nothing else, but I just don't see it happening.

(02-14-2021, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would like Watt to come here since I think his contract will be reasonable, but it's unlikely he'll come to Cincinnati as he's almost certainly destined for somewhere where he can win now.

Right

I'd love to have Watt but I highly doubt he's even slightly interested in the Bengals. He is likely considering he doesn't have that many years left injury history and all and he wants to go to a true contender.

Money talks though so..........
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Read something the other day that he didn’t want to play with his brothers for some reason.

Probably because he knows TJ is a dbag
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 03:12 PM)samhain Wrote: I can't stand Watt.  This situation would be James Harrison part deux.  In Watt's case, it would be part douche.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but having been in Houston his entire career, seeing how he interacts with fans, gives back to the community and treats everyone with respect, I'm afraid your opinion does not sway me in the least.  He is a class guy through and through, regardless of what you think.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, pretty sure he winds up in Green Bay, KC or Tampa Bay.

Good on TB for trying though...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Him, Lawson, and Reader would be a hell of a trio. I don't think it is likely but it's not laughable.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 12:09 AM)J24 Wrote: Him, Lawson, and Reader would be a hell of a trio. I don't think it is likely but it's not laughable.

He may very well look at that, and who our QB is, and think we may soon be in contention. 
Reply/Quote
Green Bay makes the most sense for him. Take a friendly deal to head back to Wisconsin and play on a team that will be contending for a championship next year.
Reply/Quote