Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd wants JJ Watt to be a Bengal
(02-15-2021, 01:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Green Bay makes the most sense for him. Take a friendly deal to head back to Wisconsin and play on a team that will be contending for a championship next year.

cant argue with this logic....but Im still wondering why Boyd would tweet that out of the blue if there was nothing more to it?? 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: We are all entitled to our opinions, but having been in Houston his entire career, seeing how he interacts with fans, gives back to the community and treats everyone with respect, I'm afraid your opinion does not sway me in the least.  He is a class guy through and through, regardless of what you think.

This.
JJ Watt is right up there with Russell Wilson for most likeable guys in the NFL.
I can't see JJ Watt ever coming here given how far away the Bengals are from actually contending without Bengals willing to pay him way over what other teams are, but to not want him because of his personality is a head-scratcher to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This.
JJ Watt is right up there with Russell Wilson for most likeable guys in the NFL.
I can't see JJ Watt ever coming here given how far away the Bengals are from actually contending without Bengals willing to pay him way over what other teams are, but to not want him because of his personality is a head-scratcher to me.

For what it's worth I've heard Wilson wasn't too popular with many of his teammates (especially on the defensive side of the ball) during his early days in Seattle. He's always struck me as a lil phony... Helluva player though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Watt lost a lot of his luster with fans in Cincinnati when he took the post game shots at Andy Dalton, for no real reason.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Watt lost a lot of his luster with fans in Cincinnati when he took the post game shots at Andy Dalton, for no real reason.

Likely so.  However, now that many of us can look at what Watt said, outside of the prism of "hey, that's our guy that he's talking about", was he wrong or inaccurate?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 10:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely so.  However, now that many of us can look at what Watt said, outside of the prism of "hey, that's our guy that he's talking about", was he wrong or inaccurate?

There's no doubt Andy looked bad in that game. I was just pointing out why some in Cincinnati may have a negative view of him, as opposed to the rest of the league's fans thinking he is great. It was one moment that reflected poorly on him. I would gladly welcome him here if he came here.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's no doubt Andy looked bad in that game. I was just pointing out why some in Cincinnati may have a negative view of him, as opposed to the rest of the league's fans thinking he is great. It was one moment that reflected poorly on him. I would gladly welcome him here if he came here.

I don't recall what he aid likely due to I flipped the TV off immediatley after wasting another 3 hrs watching another disgusting playoff loss. 
Wondering, (whatever he said)  would you be offended if he was on Bengals and said that after they won a  playoff game?
Reply/Quote
He played all of last year, so he is due for some crazy season ending injury
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 10:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely so.  However, now that many of us can look at what Watt said, outside of the prism of "hey, that's our guy that he's talking about", was he wrong or inaccurate?

It was still kind of a punk-ass thing to do.  Va-JJ was still butthurt that Andy's TCU team kicked his Wisconsin squad's asses in the Rose Bowl in his last year, and he held a grudge.  He said as much.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: We are all entitled to our opinions, but having been in Houston his entire career, seeing how he interacts with fans, gives back to the community and treats everyone with respect, I'm afraid your opinion does not sway me in the least.  He is a class guy through and through, regardless of what you think.

He's a grandstanding blowhard of the highest order, and also past his prime.  Loved seeing him lose to the lowly Bengals at home at the end of last season.  He took it so well, too, lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 12:50 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I don't recall what he aid likely due to I flipped the TV off immediatley after wasting another 3 hrs watching another disgusting playoff loss. 
Wondering, (whatever he said)  would you be offended if he was on Bengals and said that after they won a  playoff game?

How do you get that I'm "offended?"  All I did was point out why his luster doesn't shine as much in Cincinnati, due to his shots at Dalton. I also said I'd welcome him to come here.  That's hardly "offended." He was making fun of Dalton, saying something to the effect Dalton wasn't a Red Rifle, but a Rusty Musket. He didn't take a shot at the team, he took a shot at an individual. It's low class. But by no means as low class as some others have done. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 02:06 PM)samhain Wrote: He's a grandstanding blowhard of the highest order, 

i have never really seen this.

He is past his prime now, so I don't really want him, but in his prime he was as good as any defensive player I have ever seen.  And I am old enough to remember guys like Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor.
Reply/Quote
So too do DJ Reader and Christian Covington....
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote:

if the choice is a rental on Watt or Lawson long term who you want
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the choice is a rental on Watt or Lawson long term who you want

Don't think it would be a choice...Watt is not going to be getting 16 million per year...too many injuries....I would take care of Lawson first and then see what happens.  Put together a solid OL and this team becomes competitive real quick.  Everyone in the league knows this...If we do some positive things in FA then it may sway him to at least look at us.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 01:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Green Bay makes the most sense for him. Take a friendly deal to head back to Wisconsin and play on a team that will be contending for a championship next year.

I dunno. GB can't seem to turn that page. I can see why he would want to head to the state, but if he's looking for a ring, there's got to be better choices.

(02-17-2021, 03:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the choice is a rental on Watt or Lawson long term who you want

[Image: 596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg]

We've got the fifth biggest FA purse. That's without any cuts. We can make Lawson a solid offer and sign a guy like Watt, who likely isn't going to cost a ton. 
Reply/Quote
The team in the division he is least likely to play for.

For as much as the Bengals O-line is trashed, Watt didn't really have much of an impact on that game. The "Epic Watt" is no more.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote:

What the hell is DJ Reader talking about? The "Jungle" was a ghost town years before the Rona came around. Once they let fans in last year, the stands looked like they did in 2019, and a coupla years prior. The Jungle was down by Great American Ballpark... Paul Brown Stadium is Joe Exotic's tiger farm.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 12:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure how likely this situation would be, but I'd definitely support having a JJ Watt on the Bengals!

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tyler-boyd-wants-jj-watt-to-sign-with-the-bengals?fbclid=IwAR1cKGgD5oZTnC-KhefvQdT5yeL8AZ_E_clnvV71wnIY5eYoqTyZ0n9IZu8

Would absolutely love this. Reader would also help to bring him in I am sure...
Reply/Quote