Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Eifert aka GLASSman
Love me some T. Kroft but what is the status of Eifert these days? Is he done?
Reply/Quote
He was on a bike December 11th (instagram), couldn't run yet and working to get back in shape. 6 surgeries in 4 years... Says he can't wait to be playing at Pro Bowl level next season.

With that being said... I'm not against bringing him back on the cheap for a 1 year contract. If he's healthy he can be very dangerous and help bring this offense back to 2015 form. And if not, accept your losses and let him go 2019. I would just really hate to see him go to a rival team like Baltimore, Cleveland or Pitt and be amazing again. Don't confuse that with "You don't want to see Eifert be healthy and successful?!". I do, healthy no matter what team he's on, but only successful with the team that drafted him...

EDIT: If Eifert didn't work out if we brought him back, Kroft did earn Andy and Lazor's trust in many games. I like Kroft a lot.
Reply/Quote
Offer him a small 1 to 2 year contract. If he doesn't take it, fine. If he does, maybe we get 2 or 3 games of elite production out of him before he gets injured again.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:47 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Offer him a small 1 to 2 year contract. If he doesn't take it, fine. If he does, maybe we get 2 or 3 games of elite production out of him before he gets injured again.

I would go with 1yr. I like Eifert as well, but we all know hes going to get injured again. Or maybe we just let him go? Like you said, Kroft earned the trust. He seems likely to be a dependable workhorse. So if we let him go, I’m perfectly ok with it regardless.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll probably draft another one anyway. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:47 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Offer him a small 1 to 2 year contract. If he doesn't take it, fine. If he does, maybe we get 2 or 3 games of elite production out of him before he gets injured again.

This would be nice, but I'm not expecting a small short-term offer from the Bengals to be the best offer he gets.  A desperate franchise will offer him more in hopes that he can get back on track, or a more competitive franchise will offer him a prove it contract.  
Reply/Quote
He should retire for his own well being.

Reply/Quote
Offer him a reasonable 1-2 year contract with bonus incentives tied to performance and playing time. If he and his agent want elite money, show them the door.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

This we cant break the bank for someone we might not have on the field much (based on history not future predictions...)

Spend the money on upgrading that OL
Reply/Quote
I can see the Stoolers signing him if we don't. If that happens, he will kill us every game unless he meets Mr Burfict over the middle.
I would sign him...2 years for around 5 million.
Reply/Quote
I might be in the minority here, but I have zero faith he will ever be a worthwhile contributor again.
Even if he only costs $3 mill a year, that's still a roster spot he's taking up over someone else and he will probably only give the Bengals half a season at best.
I'd rather see that money invested elsewhere and roll with Kroft, Uzomah, Hewitt, and a draft pick or Schreck.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
One year "prove it" contract would be my play.

But with the TE situation being as it is (Gronk, Kelce, and pretty much everyone else) a team might be willing to take a bigger gamble.

Personally? I think he should hang em up.
Reply/Quote
Offer him a cheap contract, if he don't take it let him walk, but I like our chances if we do offer because I cant imagine someone over-paying this guy with his history of injuries, unless of course it was some franchise like Cleveland or something.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:21 AM)Takedown Wrote: He was on a bike December 11th (instagram), couldn't run yet and working to get back in shape. 6 surgeries in 4 years... Says he can't wait to be playing at Pro Bowl level next season.

With that being said... I'm not against bringing him back on the cheap for a 1 year contract. If he's healthy he can be very dangerous and help bring this offense back to 2015 form. And if not, accept your losses and let him go 2019. I would just really hate to see him go to a rival team like Baltimore, Cleveland or Pitt and be amazing again. Don't confuse that with "You don't want to see Eifert be healthy and successful?!". I do, healthy no matter what team he's on, but only successful with the team that drafted him...

EDIT: If Eifert didn't work out if we brought him back, Kroft did earn Andy and Lazor's trust in many games. I like Kroft a lot.

Thanks for this Takedown, good stuff to know. Thought Eifert was done, want him back here for sure if he isn't.

Dude is a gamechanger when he is on the field. His injuries need to be taken into consideration though in his contract.

Great person too, really like Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:23 AM)whodey1967 Wrote: I can see the Stoolers signing him if we don't.  If that happens, he will kill us every game unless he meets Mr Burfict over the middle.
I would sign him...2 years for around 5 million.

Maybe, but I think the Patriots would love to go back to their two headed TE attack.

So look for the Patriots to possible sign him.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 06:49 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Maybe, but I think the Patriots would love to go back to their two headed TE attack.

So look for the Patriots to possible sign him.

Makes more sense to me. Want him back here after thinking about it more and more.

If he could just get healthy he is one of the best TE's in the NFL talentwise.
Reply/Quote
I'd take him back in heartbeat. Yes the money has to right and he has to be 100%. I'm not worried about him getting hurt again, anyone of these guys can step on the field on Sundays and it could be their last game they ever play.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if the Bengals will offer him money or not but I do believe he will get some offers,two teams I can see is the browns and the pats . Both love our guys.
Reply/Quote
It's the classic do we keep a guy who has been injured for what seems like forever or do we risk him being great with another team, possibly a division rival? 
I used to feel sentimental about players, but I don't feel that so much anymore. 
So he moves on and plays great again elsewhere..big deal..
Maybe he stays and doesn't.. Half dozen of one or six of the other..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Kroft has earned the starter slot at least for now.
Reply/Quote