Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Eifert aka GLASSman
(01-04-2018, 08:21 AM)Takedown Wrote: I'm not against bringing him back on the cheap for a 1 year contract. If he's healthy he can be very dangerous and help bring this offense back to 2015 form. 

I read somewhere that he definitely wont be ready for training camp. If he signed a 1 year deal how much would he play? Its a shame because hes great when healthy and is a difference maker.
Reply/Quote
I dont know if this has anything to do with his injuries, possibly, but Andy always threw a pass where Eifert would get trucked in mid air. Every time I would cringe and hope he made it out alive. Seemed like it happened at least once a week.
Reply/Quote
I'm ready to just move on.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd bring him back. You guys give him a ton of crap for getting hurt but I've never seen that thought make him ease up on a play. He still goes for every ball thrown his way knowing he might get leveled. He's got my respect. Not his fault he's gotten injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While I'd hate for the Bengals to let him go, and see him actually get well and play like he can with another team, i'd also hate for the Bengals to pay him big money to only be unproductive again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:24 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I'd bring him back.  You guys give him a ton of crap for getting hurt but I've never seen that thought make him ease up on a play.  He still goes for every ball thrown his way knowing he might get leveled.  He's got my respect.  Not his fault he's gotten injured.

I think that's the problem, though. Dalton throws Eifert into getting blown up a lot and it's ended up hurting him. Yeah, Eifert goes all out, but that also works against him. You can't pay that guy knowing he's got so many health problems, at least not long term.
Reply/Quote
My guess is another team signs him and he has a pro-bowl year with no injuries.

-OR-

He resigns and goes instantly back to IR.

There is no in between.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:30 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I think that's the problem, though. Dalton throws Eifert into getting blown up a lot and it's ended up hurting him. Yeah, Eifert goes all out, but that also works against him. You can't pay that guy knowing he's got so many health problems, at least not long term.

Lazor might get this out of Dalton you never know.

But of course injury history always needs to be taken into account when you have been injured this amount.

You just can't teach talent nor can you teach a guy to be healthy, just has to play out.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:36 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: My guess is another team signs him and he has a pro-bowl year with no injuries.

-OR-

He resigns and goes instantly back to IR.

There is no in between.

You think we are cursed, don't yah?
Reply/Quote
Just watched Marv's interview where he said we will be offering Eifert a new deal.
Maybe as some say he won't likeit and walk but I always thought we played really well when he was fit
Reply/Quote
Tyler Eifert is gone. He will get big money elsewhere. My prediction: Packers
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think we are cursed, don't yah?

I try not to believe in that sort of stuff but there is no other explanation.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:45 PM)GodFather Wrote: I read somewhere that he definitely wont be ready for training camp. If he signed a 1 year deal how much would he play? Its a shame because hes great when healthy and is a difference maker.
I honestly have no clue myself about his ETA (although, I thought I read somewhere that his dr. guaranteed him to be ready for next season after his last surgery), but you're right. Guy is a beast when healthy and a great character for the locker room. If he can be ready by season opener I would sign him on a 1 year deal. It's not like we don't have insurance in Kroft.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:11 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Tyler Eifert is gone. He will get big money elsewhere. My prediction: Packers

I don't know about big money... He's kind of a major health risk.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:24 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I'd bring him back.  You guys give him a ton of crap for getting hurt but I've never seen that thought make him ease up on a play.  He still goes for every ball thrown his way knowing he might get leveled.  He's got my respect.  Not his fault he's gotten injured.

No one says hes gotten injured intentionally. But at this point hes proven that he cant hold up to the NFL game. These aren't simple surgeries hes having done if its involving his back in several cases. Kroft has taken the same punishment and has help up much better. I've seen him take hits that likely would've have Eifert out for the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 12:34 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Just watched Marv's interview where he said we will be offering Eifert a new deal.
Maybe as some say he won't likeit and walk but I always thought we played really well when he was fit

Good news, want him to come back. Eifert will not be offered big money by another team with his injury history.

Our team knows more about him than other teams do.

(01-05-2018, 01:13 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: I try not to believe in that sort of stuff but there is no other explanation.

Sure is weird how karma still hasn't bit the Stealers in the ass and we can never catch a break...

(01-05-2018, 08:00 AM)Takedown Wrote: I don't know about big money... He's kind of a major health risk.

No doubt, no team is going to give Eifert big money.
Reply/Quote