Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tyler Eifert and AJ Green had 9 TDs combined
Either Dalton has to go or the OC. And Dalton is a great QB so it's probably not him. The o line was horrible but it wasn't 9 TDs combined to your top 2 receivers level horrible. The Browns gave up the most sacks and were the worst team in the NFL and got the ball to their top 2 options for 6TDs. Are you telling me Eifert and Green are only 3 TDs better than Terrell Pryor and Gary Barnidge? Also add in the Browns QBs all sucked and we had Dalton. Someone please explain this to me
Reply/Quote
But nvm me guys

I'm just a bitter fan and appearently complaining about this team on this board gets you labeled as a douche and everyone feels the need to gang up on you. Even tho they all feel the exact same way, but because everyone cares so much about what other people think about them on this board most people just follow the crowd and join in on the labeling.

This is my opinion and if you take it to heart and get offended then its obvious that it hit a nerve with you and you have internal issues with the topic but.......If you've rooted for this team for more than 10 years and you continue to root for the team after Marvin Lewis is extended you are STUPID and deserve this team.

Now the ppl who disagree and are confident with their decision they are gonna laugh that off or ignore. The people who get mad at that statement are gonna come in here mad and send insults my way. And you know why they are gonna do that? Because in their heart they know it's freaking true and they are pissed someone had the nerve to say it out loud. The really butt hurt guys are gonna come in with some dumbass sarcastic response. It's gonna look like they didn't get upset but the sarcastic topic change guys are the ones that got hurt THE MOST. They are so upset they don't even feel like debating the post. They wanna feel empowered so they'll come in with some unfunny sarcastic statement meant to kill my vibe. It happens every time someone posts someThing bad about this Team lol
Reply/Quote
A big thing is that they didn't play a lot of the season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zampese is terrible, but you ignored an awfully big point when you say 9 combined TDs.

That's 9 TDs in essentially 17 games (technically 18, but I think we can agree the last game where AJ did nothing and got hurt instantly for the year isn't really a proper game) out of a possible 32.

That would be 17 TDs if they both played full seasons. Of course asking a full season out of Eifert is pretty much impossible. Heck, Eifert only started 2 games last year. I don't like Kenny Z as OC, and I think the Bengals need another proper receiving weapon, but you pulled out one single stat and then ignored everything else around it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A big thing is that they didn't play a lot of the season

9 games is enough for both to get to 9 TDs combined. I'm not gonna give Zammpese the benefit of that excuse when he came out and admitted that a lot of his gameplan was to purposly not throw to AJ Green and use him as a decoy. What level of dumbass do you have to be to draw that dumb shit up?

Usually I'd give the coach the injury excuse but even when both were playing Zampese shit the bed so I can't do it this time
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:18 PM)Housh Wrote: But nvm me guys

I'm just a bitter fan and appearently complaining about this team on this board gets you labeled as a douche and everyone feels the need to gang up on you. Even tho they all feel the exact same way, but because everyone cares so much about what other people think about them on this board most people just follow the crowd and join in on the labeling.

This is my opinion and if you take it to heart and get offended then its obvious that it hit a nerve with you and you have internal issues with the topic but.......If you've rooted for this team for more than 10 years and you continue to root for the team after Marvin Lewis is extended you are STUPID and deserve this team.

Now the ppl who disagree and are confident with their decision they are gonna laugh that off or ignore. The people who get mad at that statement are gonna come in here mad and send insults my way. And you know why they are gonna do that? Because in their heart they know it's freaking true and they are pissed someone had the nerve to say it out loud. The really butt hurt guys are gonna come in with some dumbass sarcastic response. It's gonna look like they didn't get upset but the sarcastic topic change guys are the ones that got hurt THE MOST. They are so upset they don't even feel like debating the post. They wanna feel empowered so they'll come in with some unfunny sarcastic statement meant to kill my vibe. It happens every time someone posts someThing bad about this Team lol
Go home, you're drunk. 
Reply/Quote
You may be misreading those stats, as actually Brandon LaFell led the team with 6 TD receptions.  I can't really believe that so many are ready to dismiss him from the team.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:38 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Go home, you're drunk. 

Exhibit A lol
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:38 PM)Housh Wrote: 9 games is enough for both to get to 9 TDs combined. I'm not gonna give Zammpese the benefit of that excuse when he came out and admitted that a lot of his gameplan was to purposly not throw to AJ Green and use him as a decoy. What level of dumbass do you have to be to draw that dumb shit up?

Usually I'd give the coach the injury excuse but even when both were playing Zampese shit the bed so I can't do it this time

Pretty sure AJ was near the top of the league in yards before he got hurt, so clearly he wasn't hurt too much by Zamps gameplans...

Is Ken a great OC? No. That doesn't mean he is horrible though. He was in his first year as OC, and had a pathetic o line coached by a pathetic o line coach. Fix the o line and I think Ken will do a fine job. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Pretty sure AJ was near the top of the league in yards before he got hurt, so clearly he wasn't hurt too much by Zamps gameplans...

Is Ken a great OC? No. That doesn't mean he is horrible though. He was in his first year as OC, and had a pathetic o line coached by a pathetic o line coach. Fix the o line and I think Ken will do a fine job. 

[Image: Well+that+s+not+good+i+wish+him+the+best...da1cb4.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Pretty sure AJ was near the top of the league in yards before he got hurt, so clearly he wasn't hurt too much by Zamps gameplans...

This is the NFL. And this is something I think Bengals fans need to get through their heads

Not being horrible is not good enough. Being great should be the STANDARD.

Yeah Zamp wasn't elite but that doesn't mean he's ok because he wasn't the worst ever. He's MEDIOCRE
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:04 PM)Housh Wrote: Either Dalton has to go or the OC. And Dalton is a great QB so it's probably not him. The o line was horrible but it wasn't 9 TDs combined to your top 2 receivers level horrible. The Browns gave up the most sacks and were the worst team in the NFL and got the ball to their top 2 options for 6TDs. Are you telling me Eifert and Green are only 3 TDs better than Terrell Pryor and Gary Barnidge? Also add in the Browns QBs all sucked and we had Dalton. Someone please explain this to me

Injuries. In this case injuries are an excuse. You can't score touchdowns in the tub. Be it baseball or football or whatever, it's hard to score runs or points in the injury tub.  We had players try to step in for Eifert and Green injured. I thought Lafell and Boyd looked OK.  The best players ever can't score while injured in the tub.  LET US HOPE THEY ARE HEALTHY IN 2017.  WE COULD USE THEM.   

If you and me have Fantasy Football teams and going into 2017 you want to trade me AJ Green and Eifert for my Pryor and Barnidge I would make that trade in a second. So would the Cleveland Browns. They would swap those players with Bengals in a second.  Oh, In Fantasy Football I noticed Gronk went fast in the draft. Due to injuries, he didn't score much in 2016. He was injured almost as much as Eifert.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:53 PM)Housh Wrote: This is the NFL. And this is something I think Bengals fans need to get through their heads

Yeah Zamp wasn't elite but that doesn't mean he's ok because he wasn't the worst ever. He's MEDIOCRE

You are correct.  Average is just not good enough in the NFL.  Even as the defense regained it's footing, as the year wore on, the offense was never spectacular.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A big thing is that they didn't play a lot of the season

This.

Also, a complete lack of a running game made them one dimensional. Improve the oline, improve the running game, and our passing game will improve as well. 

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:53 PM)Housh Wrote: This is the NFL. And this is something I think Bengals fans need to get through their heads

It was his first year! Gotta give a guy and least 2 seasons...you know who fires coaches after 1 year? The Browns, if you like that then go root for them. I'll admit the bengals patience and loyalty can get frustrating, but at least they give guys a chance. People do usually improve at something after they get some experience under their belt. 

your argument would hold more water if you made it about marv who has had over 10 chances vs Ken who had 1.
Reply/Quote
To add to the OP's point.

Whether it's coach Z's first season as OC or not I don't like the fact that opposing D players were making comments that "we could tell exactly what plays they were running".

Not good. Not good at all in my opinion.

The offense must have been showing by formation or not deviating from situational film for defenders to be making statements like that.

On top of blase play calling this offense and especially offensive line's lack of execution was a complete season killer.

They kind of went hand in hand... don't you think?

Just off the top of my head I can think of several TDs in the red zone that were dropped by Uz and Boyd. Ones that clearly would have been caught by either Green or Eifert had they not been injured.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 07:03 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: To add to the OP's point.

Whether it's coach Z's first season as OC or not I don't like the fact that opposing D players were making comments that "we could tell exactly what plays they were running".

Not good.  Not good at all in my opinion.

The offense must have been showing by formation or not deviating from situational film for defenders to be making statements like that.

On top of blase play calling this offense and especially offensive line's lack of execution was a complete season killer.

They kind of went hand in hand... don't you think?

Just off the top of my head I can think of several TDs in the red zone that were dropped by Uz and Boyd.  Ones that clearly would have been caught by either Green or Eifert had they not been injured.

This is always concerning, but let's not act like its brand new either. Teams say that about the Bengals every year. It's bigger than just our OC because they've been saying it for at least the last 3 OC's we've had. Plus everyone knew the run, run, pass play calling of our OC before them
Reply/Quote
atlanta is firing DC and DL coordinators. they made it to the bowl. we need to clean house.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:18 PM)Housh Wrote: But nvm me guys

see you type stuff out making yourself sound like the dousch you say we think you are and you wonder why some might think that way.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: see you type stuff out making yourself sound like the dousch you say we think you are and you wonder why some might think that way.

If I'm a douche for keeping it as real as possible then that's just what it is. I work with drug addicts and stubborn old men so if you(Not literally just you, everyone else as well.) look at my posts and find them douche I'm sorry but that's just who I am. I'm the type of guy who sees someone mess up and would be first to give them a correction before I'd let them slide with an excuse.

Yeah it was Zampese's first year so I understand he needs slack. But there was plenty of stuff he did wrong that he should know seeing as he's such an experience member of the NFL coaching family. His play call variety and game planning away from AJ was flat out HORRIBLE. Lafell stepped up because he was pretty good this year but he also stepped up because Zampese made the dumb gameplan of using Green as a decoy BEFORE first establishing him as a target. Pittsburgh doesn't do that with Brown. Ben and Brown totally expose you until you have to double him and THEN they use him as a decoy.

That'd be like the Cowboys saying they didn't don't run with Elliot because they wanted to use him as a decoy. Ummmm no dumbass, you give the ball to that man as much as possible, and then adjust when the defense keys in on him. he's a generational talent
Reply/Quote