Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tyler Eifert and AJ Green had 9 TDs combined
(02-10-2017, 07:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hear ya....amazingly, the only thing I heard from Zampeze was a complaint...about Dalton!  If I was Dalton, I might have walked in to his office and played the tape of the Jets game and said:  "Where should I have gone with the ball in the .1 seconds of protection I was afforded here?"  

I was unaware of such a title for PA.  Good lord.  And the whole "why isn't someone in someone's ass" argument will surely cue responses such as "Belicheck isn't fiery" and so on....  I think the point of accountability has been lost in the argument of consistency...so the Bengals went from consistently bad to consistently pretty good.  But that will never be enough until their candy-ass strategy changes.  

The more I look at the recent history of the league:  Denver fires dud coach of pretty good team, replacement wins Super Bowl....Falcons fire dud of a coach on pretty good team, goes to Super Bowl (and subsequently executes the dumbest 15 minutes of strategy in NFL history, only to allow the rest of the world to slobber all over Brady's balls for the comeback....still can't believe they did what they did).  Del Rio has made a huge difference in Oakland... The list goes on and on.... The Bengals shouldn't extend Marv...anything less than a run in the postseason and buh-bye.  Then get a coach in here with some serious guts.  

I will never complain about our coaches not being IN our players asses. Nobody wants to see that, at least I hope not...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 07:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Then get a coach in here with some serious guts.  

That is definitely part of the problem. I think of Riverboat Ron and how he never took chances. Suddenly his job is on the line and he knows it, so what does he do? He starts going for it on 4th down and just taking more risks. Ugh. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for quoting my post, as it drew to my attention to the fact that I may have misinterpreted the spirit of the OP, upon my first reading of it.  While my response was pointing out that Andy made good use of his WR2, I totally blew past the part about addressing Zampeze's play calling/offensive strategy.  While it's worthless to try to pin the blame on Andy, as his two top targets were out of commission a good part of the season, I also really can't blame the play calling either.  We all know that every football play ever created, is designed to score a touchdown.  So, the implementation of the strategy of when some plays are called, rather than others depends partly on the opposition's typical response, and offensive execution of the called play.  It's no secret that the Bengals OL did not execute very well, thus thwarting chances of success of many plays from the onset. 

My big complaint with Zampeze is why did he not raise holy hell for the OL not executing?  Is not OL a part of the offense, under the charge of the Offensive Coordinator?  My second complaint is why does Paul Alexander get a sub title of "Assistant Head Coach"?  Does this mean that he answers to no one other than Marvin Lewis?  If this is true, why is our coaching structure set up where a position coach isn't held accountable to his coordinator?  Even at that, why is Marvin not shoving his foot knee deep up Alexander's ass?

(02-09-2017, 08:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's that Bengals "family" mentality. Nobody places winning first because the owner doesn't. Instead of holding coaches accountable, the coaches just blame players or the dreaded "lack of execution". 

If Mike Brown placed pressure on the Marvin, Marvin would in turn apply pressure on his coordinators and coordinators would put pressure on the position coaches, etc. Of course, there is no pressure on Marv. The man is so comfortable that he's haggling for an extension on his contract after a 6 win season...so his staff can be comfortable. Smh. 

(02-10-2017, 07:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hear ya....amazingly, the only thing I heard from Zampeze was a complaint...about Dalton!  If I was Dalton, I might have walked in to his office and played the tape of the Jets game and said:  "Where should I have gone with the ball in the .1 seconds of protection I was afforded here?"  

I was unaware of such a title for PA.  Good lord.  And the whole "why isn't someone in someone's ass" argument will surely cue responses such as "Belicheck isn't fiery" and so on....  I think the point of accountability has been lost in the argument of consistency...so the Bengals went from consistently bad to consistently pretty good.  But that will never be enough until their candy-ass strategy changes.  

The more I look at the recent history of the league:  Denver fires dud coach of pretty good team, replacement wins Super Bowl....Falcons fire dud of a coach on pretty good team, goes to Super Bowl (and subsequently executes the dumbest 15 minutes of strategy in NFL history, only to allow the rest of the world to slobber all over Brady's balls for the comeback....still can't believe they did what they did).  Del Rio has made a huge difference in Oakland... The list goes on and on.... The Bengals shouldn't extend Marv...anything less than a run in the postseason and buh-bye.  Then get a coach in here with some serious guts.  

So much truth in these 3 posts.

Things need to change from the top down for this to ever change for the better.

Sucks, i used to be an optimist but as of right now there is no point.

I still have to hold out hope that some kind of accountability will arise but man, it is tough.

Rewarding failure is the stupidest thing i have ever heard of and dude, it is everywhere with this team.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 07:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Then get a coach in here with some serious guts.  
In honor of the returning TWD...   I give you this.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:04 PM)Housh Wrote: Either Dalton has to go or the OC. And Dalton is a great QB so it's probably not him. The o line was horrible but it wasn't 9 TDs combined to your top 2 receivers level horrible. The Browns gave up the most sacks and were the worst team in the NFL and got the ball to their top 2 options for 6TDs. Are you telling me Eifert and Green are only 3 TDs better than Terrell Pryor and Gary Barnidge? Also add in the Browns QBs all sucked and we had Dalton. Someone please explain this to me

(02-07-2017, 11:18 PM)Housh Wrote: But nvm me guys

I'm just a bitter fan and appearently complaining about this team on this board gets you labeled as a douche and everyone feels the need to gang up on you. Even tho they all feel the exact same way, but because everyone cares so much about what other people think about them on this board most people just follow the crowd and join in on the labeling.

This is my opinion and if you take it to heart and get offended then its obvious that it hit a nerve with you and you have internal issues with the topic but.......If you've rooted for this team for more than 10 years and you continue to root for the team after Marvin Lewis is extended you are STUPID and deserve this team.

Now the ppl who disagree and are confident with their decision they are gonna laugh that off or ignore. The people who get mad at that statement are gonna come in here mad and send insults my way. And you know why they are gonna do that? Because in their heart they know it's freaking true and they are pissed someone had the nerve to say it out loud. The really butt hurt guys are gonna come in with some dumbass sarcastic response. It's gonna look like they didn't get upset but the sarcastic topic change guys are the ones that got hurt THE MOST. They are so upset they don't even feel like debating the post. They wanna feel empowered so they'll come in with some unfunny sarcastic statement meant to kill my vibe. It happens every time someone posts someThing bad about this Team lol

To your first post.

1. The OL was that bad. The OL's best game was the final game after Og was placed on IR. Yet, Mike Brown will be sure that Og is back next year.  Cry
2. Green missed several games and really should have been IR'ed. That limited his TDs.
3. Eifert missed most of the first half of the season. That limited his TDs.
4. The OC was too predictable in his play calling. Unsure why this was. The dismal OL probably limited the play book though.
5. The OL coach sucks donkey dongs and sees nothing wrong with it. Shocked
6. Dalton is a good QB. Great is over stating it at this point in his career IMO. Gotta do great things before being considered great. And, yes, that means we need to do well in the playoffs. Presently the team is going the other direction.

To your second post.

I criticize this team all the time. No one has labeled me anything and if they did, well, I couldn't give a rats ass about that.

There is no love fest on this board for Mike Brown or Marvin Lewis or OL coach Paul Alexander.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So much truth in these 3 posts.

Things need to change from the top down for this to ever change for the better.

Sucks, i used to be an optimist but as of right now there is no point.

I still have to hold out hope that some kind of accountability will arise but man, it is tough.

Rewarding failure is the stupidest thing i have ever heard of and dude, it is everywhere with this team.

Hang in there!  The draft is near and we have 11 draft picks plus McCarron trade bait to really enhance this team.  It has been really frustrating, but I am really excited at what could happen this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 08:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: In honor of the returning TWD...   I give you this.

Love it...now, let's get a Negan-like mentality and start cutting up some assbags...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 10:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hang in there!  The draft is near and we have 11 draft picks plus McCarron trade bait to really enhance this team.  It has been really frustrating, but I am really excited at what could happen this year.

The draft is always exciting and i like Duke Tobin.

But man, we need to add a decent O-line coach, this would make me excited for this year.

PA pretty much threw our season in the shitter last year.

Cannot believe there is no talk about replacing him.

It is clear to everyone with eyes what the weakness of this team is. The players are not the problem.

If we draft a Center and replace PA i will have some real hope.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The draft is always exciting and i like Duke Tobin.

But man, we need to add a decent O-line coach, this would make me excited for this year.

PA pretty much threw our season in the shitter last year.

Cannot believe there is no talk about replacing him.

It is clear to everyone with eyes what the weakness of this team is. The players are not the problem.

If we draft a Center and replace PA i will have some real hope.

I just don't get how we had one of the best offensive lines in the league in 2005, 2009, etc and now are awful....

My take is that it is a combination of things:

Talent-  Bodine is awful.  Ced O was worse...and both were starters for almost the entire season.  Once Ced was replaced, the offense looked better and they didn't even have AJ Green.  

Coaching- technique is part of it, but I believe a larger part was the predictability of the play call by formations.  The offense actually was producing ok with Ced and without Eifert early on (they did have red zone troubles) but teams began to notice the consistency of play calls from certain formations and teed off on the running game.  I don't care if you have Dallas's offensive line, if it is a dead give away running formation, it will get stopped more often than not.  The genius of the Dallas offense was they had threats all all levels:  the backfield, the middle (TE and slot WR) and deep (Dez).  No defense could stack the line because they had the weapons to beat you downfield and the line to hold up long enough to take some deep shots.

Scheme- The Bengals never took shots down the field to anyone but AJ.  They telegraphed their running plays with formations and personnel.  Before Gio's injury, how many times did Hill catch a pass?  How many times did Hill get hit in the backfield?  The opposition adjusted and the Bengals didn't.  

IMHO, Zampeze is as big a weakness, if not bigger, than PA.  I am hoping for huge strides in year 2.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I just don't get how we had one of the best offensive lines in the league in 2005, 2009, etc and now are awful....

My take is that it is a combination of things:

Talent-  Bodine is awful.  Ced O was worse...and both were starters for almost the entire season.  Once Ced was replaced, the offense looked better and they didn't even have AJ Green.  

Coaching- technique is part of it, but I believe a larger part was the predictability of the play call by formations.  The offense actually was producing ok with Ced and without Eifert early on (they did have red zone troubles) but teams began to notice the consistency of play calls from certain formations and teed off on the running game.  I don't care if you have Dallas's offensive line, if it is a dead give away running formation, it will get stopped more often than not.  The genius of the Dallas offense was they had threats all all levels:  the backfield, the middle (TE and slot WR) and deep (Dez).  No defense could stack the line because they had the weapons to beat you downfield and the line to hold up long enough to take some deep shots.

Scheme- The Bengals never took shots down the field to anyone but AJ.  They telegraphed their running plays with formations and personnel.  Before Gio's injury, how many times did Hill catch a pass?  How many times did Hill get hit in the backfield?  The opposition adjusted and the Bengals didn't.  

IMHO, Zampeze is as big a weakness, if not bigger, than PA.  I am hoping for huge strides in year 2.  

Well, Paul Alexander is supposed to coach up Bodine and Og so they are somewhat decent. They traded up for Bodine,
he was PA's top Center according to his own words. It starts in the trenches, that is where it all starts and as much as i
didn't care for Zamp's playcalling the QB has to have time and the Offensive Line has to open up holes in the running
game. It also doesn't help when it takes the coaches half the damn season to see the problems.

The Offense was much better when Winston was at RT and Core was added for a deep threat.

Lots of us fans were calling for this by week 4 of last season and the coaches waited till like week 11.

Whoever was in charge of this failed miserably. I don't know if this was Zampese or PA or Marv.

Probably all 3.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are correct.  Average is just not good enough in the NFL.  Even as the defense regained it's footing, as the year wore on, the offense was never spectacular.
I think it is in Mikeyville.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:18 PM)Housh Wrote: But nvm me guys

I'm just a bitter fan and appearently complaining about this team on this board gets you labeled as a douche and everyone feels the need to gang up on you. Even tho they all feel the exact same way, but because everyone cares so much about what other people think about them on this board most people just follow the crowd and join in on the labeling.

This is my opinion and if you take it to heart and get offended then its obvious that it hit a nerve with you and you have internal issues with the topic but.......If you've rooted for this team for more than 10 years and you continue to root for the team after Marvin Lewis is extended you are STUPID and deserve this team.

Now the ppl who disagree and are confident with their decision they are gonna laugh that off or ignore. The people who get mad at that statement are gonna come in here mad and send insults my way. And you know why they are gonna do that? Because in their heart they know it's freaking true and they are pissed someone had the nerve to say it out loud. The really butt hurt guys are gonna come in with some dumbass sarcastic response. It's gonna look like they didn't get upset but the sarcastic topic change guys are the ones that got hurt THE MOST. They are so upset they don't even feel like debating the post. They wanna feel empowered so they'll come in with some unfunny sarcastic statement meant to kill my vibe. It happens every time someone posts someThing bad about this Team lol

their called mediocre sheep!

Reply/Quote
Bump.
Reply/Quote
I really feel like this needs to be bumped

Zero TDs for these ballers in 2 games

Cmon man

I won't let anyone on earth tell me Aj Green isn't good enough to squeeze out a TD in ANY situation
Reply/Quote
I'm not buying the Dalton is terrible hype. Dalton had a monster year under Hue, and then once Hue left there was a steep decline. Which tells me one thing, the OC isnt calling the plays to put Andy in a position to excel. Which is puzzling because Ken has worked with Andy his whole career and he should be very familiar with what helps Andy succeed. I think we all know by now that Andy Dalton isn't a world beater like Brady or Rodgers, but surrounding him with weapons, and a good OC can make him shine. We have the weapons, we need the OC.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote