Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Eifert has Offense clicking again
Wow, what a difference Tyler Eifert made for the offense vs Washington.  I don't really have any concerns with the offense moving forward so long as Eifert remains healthy. 

My biggest concern with this team is now with its pass defense.  I'm not sure how we fix our terrible pass defense but we better figure it out or there is no way we are making the playoffs.

Here are some suggestions we may want to consider for improving pass defense:

1. Blitz more
2. Put Derron Smith at FS and/or Josh Shaw at FS and move Illoka to SS; move Shawn Williams at Nickel LB
3. Play more W. Clarke at DT on Nickel/Dime packages
4. Consider benching Adam Jones or allowing rotation at CB with him and Dennard and/or Shaw
5. Play more aggressive with WR at LOS; play less zone
6. Take Dansby out of lineup in Nickel and/or Dime packages
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 03:51 PM)CoreyK Wrote: Wow, what a difference Tyler Eifert made for the offense vs Washington.  I don't really have any concerns with the offense moving forward so long as Eifert remains healthy. 

My biggest concern with this team is now with its pass defense.  I'm not sure how we fix our terrible pass defense but we better figure it out or there is no way we are making the playoffs.

1. Blitz more
2. Put Derron Smith at FS and/or Josh Shaw at FS and move Illoka to SS; move Shawn Williams at Nickel LB
4. Consider benching Adam Jones or allowing rotation at CB with him and Dennard and/or Shaw

Easiest answer in the world...  FIX THE PASS RUSH!!!
Reply/Quote
Get new CB's, S, LB's and we're all set.
Reply/Quote
We have too much talent at each position to be this bad. Atkins and Dunlap on the line. MJ has been disappointing, but they paid the man. Burfict is overweight, but it's on coaches to put a boot in his ass to keep him in shape. Dansby is nearing the end but they should be able to get something out of a guy with borderline HOF numbers. The coaches surely played a role in keeping Iloka and Williams and paying them handsomely.

These are the guys the coaches wanted, now it's time to get something out of them. As much as I've backed Paulie, he hasn't been impressive this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 03:51 PM)CoreyK Wrote: Wow, what a difference Tyler Eifert made for the offense vs Washington.  I don't really have any concerns with the offense moving forward so long as Eifert remains healthy. 

1. Blitz more
In all seriousness what exactly does Eifert have that the none of the other TEs have that makes such a difference according to OP? I don't know how they fix the pass rush with the group they have,. Your 6 ideas have merit IMO.
Reply/Quote
Guenther should be able to fix the problem at Lb. That's most disappointing. He might not be able to coach front to back on d like Zimmer, but He should be able to coach lb's. I know the secondary has been bad, but the tackling is atrocious. Especially against the run. Still hoping to see WJIII still, and hoping they fix the tackling issue. The talent is there.

Offense just needs to grow into itself. Eifert being back certainly helps keep the progress going forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 05:08 PM)Whacked Wrote: Get new CB's, S, LB's and we're all set.

Might as well throw in a new kicker, head coach and owner as well.  
Reply/Quote
Eifert coming back full throttle certainly helps, but if this OL doesn't get their crap together, it won't matter much.
Reply/Quote

1. Blitz more

Yeah, the bright spot is definately Eifert coming back. He definately changes everything on Offense for the better.

Spot on with the pass Defense as well. Needs to improve immensely. The new coaches don't seem like they know
what they are doing. From Coyle, to Haslett to Burney. You make a lot of good suggestions CoreyK. Derron Smith
is a ballhawk and Shawn seems to play better at Linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 07:20 PM)Derrick Wrote: In all seriousness what exactly does Eifert have that the none of the other TEs have that makes such a difference according to OP? I don't know how they fix the pass rush with the group they have,. Your 6 ideas have merit IMO.

He has a bigger catch radius than any te in nfl. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 01:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He has a bigger catch radius than any te in nfl. 

Sans Gronkowski 
Reply/Quote
Night and day difference with Eiffert and it is hard to stop him and AJ .

Now we just got to keep him healthy somehow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote