Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Kroft gone
(03-11-2019, 07:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: CJ Better overall te 

Agreed. I would take Uzomah all-day-everyday over Kroft.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $6 million is a bit much for a 3rd te that only saw the field because of injuries.

I don't agree with that statement at all. He would've saw the field if Eifert never hit IR if only because they weren't going to give Tyler that heavy of a workload in his return season. Besides that, I think the Bengals have wanted to get both of these guys on the field at the same time for awhile now and it's just never worked out.
Reply/Quote
I prefer the deal for CJ, I always thought he was a better player.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 11:46 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I don't agree with that statement at all. He would've saw the field if Eifert never hit IR if only because they weren't going to give Tyler that heavy of a workload in his return season. Besides that, I think the Bengals have wanted to get both of these guys on the field at the same time for awhile now and it's just never worked out.

I figured the 2 TE set formation died with that guy Aaron Hernandez shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $6 million is a bit much for a 3rd te that only saw the field because of injuries.

CJ Uzomah played 64% of the snaps week one (36) 49% week two (37) 54% week three (35) and of course they really jumped up week four.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Often we agree, and I understand your concern. Ts, CJ is more athletic and has better hands than he is given credit for. It was wise to keep at least one guy n the fold that has some experience in stripes.  

The Bills vastly overpaid. CJ's contract is n line with his worth on a second contract. They will find another. This draft has some good ones.
Reply/Quote
I'm in the camp with those who think Uzomah is better, and was really trending up this year. And this was a reasonable decision to reach. After the insane evaluation of Hart and his signing I thought we were really just on the crazy train.
Reply/Quote
It should be obvious to everyone why Uzomah was signed and Kroft is gone. Kroft was a 3rd round pick, and will likely net them one of those beloved 7th round comp picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like Uzo better, played with a gimp shoulder down the stretch, and is the better blocker. I like the way this one played out.

What about Cethan Carter, is he still on the team?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Time for "The Boerhinger Supremacy"
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:49 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I like Uzo better, played with a gimp shoulder down the stretch, and is the better blocker. I like the way this one played out.

What about Cethan Carter, is he still on the team?

Ugh, sadly.

Hope they cut weight with him ASAP; clearly a Hayes guy.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It should be obvious to everyone why Uzomah was signed and Kroft is gone.  Kroft was a 3rd round pick, and will likely net them one of those beloved 7th round comp picks.

You do make a solid point, and generally I would concur, but not n this case. I think they kept the right guy for a change. Let's face it, out of those three, he is the best blocker, and can basically provide everything that Kroft is capable of. Remember Sunset, new regime. They kept the solid one/best blocker, and we both know that we're gonna find a quality young guy in this draft.
Reply/Quote