Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Kroft vs Ryan Hewitt
So if you follow John Sheeran on Twitter you probably already know this but Tyler Kroft can't block. So my question is should Hewitt start at TE in place of him because Hewitt is the better blocker? We all know the offensive line is a weakness but having a better blocking TE out there might help out that unit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Seeing how we haven't seen much out of either of them lately, should we be thinking about Uzomah or Carter?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Go to his twitter and the third post is of Kroft blocking well.

Kroft starts over Hewitt every day.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how we haven't seen much out of either of them lately, should we be thinking about Uzomah or Carter?

That's fair; Man I wish we could clone Reggie Kelly as a blocker again.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So if you follow John Sheeran on Twitter you probably already know this but Tyler Kroft can't block. So my question is should Hewitt start at TE in place of him because Hewitt is the better blocker? We all know the offensive line is a weakness but having a better blocking TE out there might help out that unit.

Don't know what happened Kroft was a good blocker in college and has been decent blocking here.

That is why they drafted him, he could both block and catch.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So if you follow John Sheeran on Twitter you probably already know this but Tyler Kroft can't block. So my question is should Hewitt start at TE in place of him because Hewitt is the better blocker? We all know the offensive line is a weakness but having a better blocking TE out there might help out that unit.

Maybe Hewitt can block better, but if Eifert goes down you sure as hell want Kroft available not Hewitt. They play different roles and shouldn’t be considered interchangeable

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not sure how Hewitt fits this team. Honestly, this should be a spread style team with the personnel they have. They struggle to run block and have a plethora of guys who can make plays in space. Spread it out and make teams account for Mixon/Gio, Eifert, Ross, Boyd and Green on almost every down.
Reply/Quote
If any 4th TE is kept at this point, it should be Schreck.

He looked great during TC, great in all PS games so far and yesterday he was awesome; takes a lot of guts and moxie to leap for the EZ like that and even though it was a neutral outcome, it was WONDERFUL to watch.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 03:11 PM)Brimey Wrote: Not sure how Hewitt fits this team. Honestly, this should be a spread style team with the personnel they have. They struggle to run block and have a plethora of guys who can make plays in space. Spread it out and make teams account for Mixon/Gio, Eifert, Ross, Boyd and Green on almost every down.

Hewitt is more of a FB that can catch like a TE but not that fast...

Kroft and Carter would be better options if we don't plan on using Hewitt as a FB imo...  and I like Hewitt I think he can be a good blocking TE... and has made catches for us before.. But Kroft had 7tds last year and Carter has been looking real good minus that drop last night..

**I like shreck too  but starting at the top working down he has to unseat Uzhoman to make it,.

Can always call Chase Coffman see what hes up too..
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 04:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If any 4th TE is kept at this point, it should be Schreck.

He looked great during TC, great in all PS games so far and yesterday he was awesome; takes a lot of guts and moxie to leap for the EZ like that and even though it was a neutral outcome, it was WONDERFUL to watch.

Thought Schreck looked good myself.

Wasn't his fault on the fumble either, the Defender just put his hat on the ball perfectly.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go to his twitter and the third post is of Kroft blocking well.

Kroft starts over Hewitt every day.

Kroft had a couple good blocks (one in pass pro one run blocking) but he also caused two run plays to get stuffed in the backfield all by his lonesome.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Kroft stepped up and had a good season replacing Eifert as per Fox Game announcers yesterday also.  Eifert comes in and finally plays a few snaps. We better not get so sold on Eifert back. We better have Kroft.  Given a choice between cutting Kroft or Hewitt, it would be Hewitt.  That does not mean I want either of them cut.  Coaches are probably not even thinking Kroft vs Hewitt. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 05:26 PM)kevin Wrote: Kroft stepped up and had a good season replacing Eifert as per Fox Game announcers yesterday also.  Eifert comes in and finally plays a few snaps. We better not get so sold on Eifert back. We better have Kroft.  Given a choice between cutting Kroft or Hewitt, it would be Hewitt.  That does not mean I want either of them cut.  Coaches are probably not even thinking Kroft vs Hewitt. 

I doubt they are either. WE need Kroft in case Eifert can't go all season, and we need Hewitt because the running game, as anemic as it is, is better when he's in it....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I doubt they are either. WE need Kroft in case Eifert can't go all season, and we need Hewitt because the running game, as anemic as it is, is better when he's in it....

Agreed both should make the team, they really play different positions anyways.

Hewitt is an H-back/Fullback that can play TE. Kroft is purely a TE.

Kroft is our best insurance for when Eifert gets injured and Hewitt when healthy helps our run game.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Kroft is the reason an injury to Eifert is survivable.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought Schreck looked good myself.

Wasn't his fault on the fumble either, the Defender just put his hat on the ball perfectly.

Absolutely.

If I'm picking the 53, he makes it as a 4th TE, is active on Gameday and mainly plays teams.

Gets a bit of action here and there, inline.
Reply/Quote
This is a moot point. Hewitt, isn’t on the field long enough. I’ll take my chances with Kroger, as he played very good last year. Hewitt, is effective when he’s playing because no one builds a game plan against him, but when he does play he’s very effective in the run schemes
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:42 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This is a moot point. Hewitt, isn’t on the field long enough. I’ll take my chances with Kroger, as he played very good last year. Hewitt, is effective when he’s playing because no one builds a game plan against him, but when he does play he’s very effective in the run schemes
Kroger has too many of those self checkout machines.. Can't really count on them on game day..and they're always yammering away with 'Place your item in the bagging area... 
'Place your item in the bagging area...
'Place your item in the bagging area.........
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:42 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This is a moot point. Hewitt, isn’t on the field long enough. I’ll take my chances with Kroger, as he played very good last year. Hewitt, is effective when he’s playing because no one builds a game plan against him, but when he does play he’s very effective in the run schemes

Look at some other stats also. 
When Hewitt signed his contract extension he was playing alot  more plays per game. As those numbers went down so did the production of the offense. 
UH may be give credit where due? 

GO BENGALS!

P.S.Chip block assist for the tackles isn't a sin. Give Andy Dalton time and OMG. You may well have a team that will set an NFL record in points. This Defense is SCARY. And you are giving the ball to this offense? REALLY? 
OMG. 

I am going to enjoy this "I TOLD YOU SO", moment in the near future. 
(i.e. Ohio State University, OSU, over Alabama by 13 was my prediction for the playoff run. OSU by 20 over Oregon. in each game they gave up 4 turn overs or the score  would have been worse point I may be a HOMER, but I was an analyst in M.I. and I see a MONSTER brewing.
YA BENGALS FANS! lol
Reply/Quote

I don't think a supermarket would fit in a stadium, let alone be able to play in a game...

Just wanted to add here that Carter (sadly) is looking like he'll make a run at being on the team.
Reply/Quote