Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler kroft Scouting Report
I'm continuing my scouting reports on each Bengals player drafted. Kroft was interesting to watch, as he wasn't used as much in the passing game last year. Which is sad, because he blew up onto the scene the year before.

Anyway, here's my take on him:
Tyler Kroft Scouting Report

In case you missed my others:
Jake Fisher Scouting Report
Cedric Ogubehi Scouting Report
Reply/Quote
Sounds pretty good Wolf
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 04:45 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm continuing my scouting reports on each Bengals player drafted. Kroft was interesting to watch, as he wasn't used as much in the passing game last year. Which is sad, because he blew up onto the scene the year before.

Anyway, here's my take on him:
Tyler Kroft Scouting Report

I think Kroft can really help the passing game opposite Eifert in multi-TE sets.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 08:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sounds pretty good Wolf

Thanks, really appreciate it

(05-27-2015, 11:43 PM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: I think Kroft can really help the passing game opposite Eifert in multi-TE sets.

He can, but it also depends on how he is coached. He has a ton of talent and it didn't transfer onto the field last year. But he played better than his numbers show. Kroft is going to get a good amount of looks.
Reply/Quote
Kroft potentially is a real steal in this draft. Remember the only reason his pass numbers went down last year was the club shifted to a different offensive scheme that did not use the TE in the passing game a lot. And as a result Kroft got to polish his blocking game and is coming into the NFL a more balanced TE than you typically get fresh out of school.
Reply/Quote
Nice write-up, Wolf.  However, you're scaring me with the Chase Coffman comparison. Shocked

I'm hoping that his body thickens into that frame, and his blocking becomes more of a strength, than a nice 'byproduct'.  I'm a little concerned that you mention that he likes to catch the ball on his body, rather than with just hands.  Hopefully, that is something that he can work on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 11:04 AM)Joelist Wrote: Kroft potentially is a real steal in this draft. Remember the only reason his pass numbers went down last year was the club shifted to a different offensive scheme that did not use the TE in the passing game a lot. And as a result Kroft got to polish his blocking game and is coming into the NFL a more balanced TE than you typically get fresh out of school.

Extremely true, but I think it hindered his progression as a tight end. I would have likes to see him use his height and frame as an advantage. Plus he needs to work on his catch radius. But he is an extremely aggressive blocker and doesn't give up until the end.

(05-31-2015, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice write-up, Wolf.  However, you're scaring me with the Chase Coffman comparison. Shocked

I'm hoping that his body thickens into that frame, and his blocking becomes more of a strength, than a nice 'byproduct'.  I'm a little concerned that you mention that he likes to catch the ball on his body, rather than with just hands.  Hopefully, that is something that he can work on.

The Chase Coffman comparison is moreso comparing the two in college. Coffman just never reached his potential sadly.

Agreed, I really hope he works on that. He needs to work on his catch radius and extend for balls more than he does. He has great potential, no doubt about it. I just wonder how the coaches will help progress him, that's what I'm mostly worried about.
Reply/Quote