Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type 2 Diabetes
So I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. We caught it early, my fasting blood sugar is in the mid 130s and my A1C is 6.5. So it's manageable with diet and exercise. My doctor wants me to cut out sugar, and cut back on high starch foods. Most of it is manageable. I don't mind whole grain bread and pasta, and brown and wild rice. But I LOVE Code Red Mt Dew and Cadbury eggs. The exercise will also be a bit painful. He wants me to get in 10000 steps a day, but I have arthritis in my left hip and right knee so that much walking is painful. And I can't take tramadol and go to work. It doesn't really affect me, but my work place has a policy on controlled substances, even with a prescription.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 06:50 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: So I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  We caught it early, my fasting blood sugar is in the mid 130s and my A1C is 6.5.  So it's manageable with diet and exercise.  My doctor wants me to cut out sugar, and cut back on high starch foods.  Most of it is manageable.  I don't mind whole grain bread and pasta, and brown and wild rice.  But I LOVE Code Red Mt Dew and Cadbury eggs.  The exercise will also be a bit painful.  He wants me to get in 10000 steps a day, but I have arthritis in my left hip and right knee so that much walking is painful.  And I can't take tramadol and go to work.  It doesn't really affect me, but my work place has a policy on controlled substances, even with a prescription.

Damn, good luck. A simple thing to do is just cut out liqued calories and sugars. That alone would help you substantially. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Sorry man... Life without sugar isn't very sweet.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck man!! My daughter just went through some testing. Her numbers were within “normal” range this time. She will have to do the testing yearly. (It’s fairly common to develope diabeties when you have cystic fibrosis).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 02:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Damn, good luck. A simple thing to do is just cut out liqued calories and sugars. That alone would help you substantially. 

Thanks.  I have for the most part.  I allow myself 1 bottle of Code Red a week now.  The rest of the time it's diet soda.  Haven't had any candy since the diagnosis.
Reply/Quote
You got this brother !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Be strong bro,consider the big picture and tailor your health habits for best results.
Reply/Quote
Take care of it now. I was diagnosed Type II and didn't take it seriously. Now I'm on insulin. Wish I could go back.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I had my diabetes eye exam today. That all came up clean, so that's good.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 04:15 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I had my diabetes eye exam today.  That all came up clean, so that's good.

ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote