Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyrann Mathieu
(03-14-2018, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mathieu is someone id look at but I doubt we have 3 Safety's making starter money.

We would have if they signed Coleman

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:20 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: We would have if they signed Coleman

Valid point.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Mathieu wouldn't renegotiate because he and his agent believe he can make more in this FA, which he probably can the money has been nuts. I'll pass on paying him big money, but someone else will.
Reply/Quote
He's still a better player than what we have playing safety now.
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/tyrann-mathieu-a-winning-culture-matters-more-to-me-than-money/

He says a winning culture matters more than money..

I know we struggled for the last 2... But. the 5 years before is where we are trying to get back to... He might find a better offer but i'd still look at making an offer.

Especially if that crazy rumor about burfict is true (as it will clear 13 mil off the books)
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mathieu is someone id look at but I doubt we have 3 Safety's making starter money.

They were willing to pay Coleman.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he will come to Cincy, but I actually love the idea of having two versatile guys out there like Dennard and him rather than it being a problem. Almost every team team has a slot and pass threat TE out there at the same time constantly, so being able to interchange them on the perimeter could be scary. Something to keep an eye on with the draft too.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/tyrann-mathieu-a-winning-culture-matters-more-to-me-than-money/

He says a winning culture matters more than money..

I know we struggled for the last 2... But. the 5 years before is where we are trying to get back to... He might find a better offer but i'd still look at making an offer.

Especially if that crazy rumor about burfict is true (as it will clear 13 mil off the books)

Saw something similar on nfl.com about winning mattering more than money. I'd be all for it if we could get him under 5 mil/year. Does he play safety for us? Fits the mold of our DC Austin wanting to create more turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 09:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Said his market is around 11m per.

Even if they cut williams I wonder if they could even do that

I posted this in the wrong thread. Didn’t see this one
Reply/Quote
The kid hasn't been the same player since his injuries. That's why Arizona wanted to rework his contract. No way is he worth that much money.
Reply/Quote
James Rapien said that he heard the team may have released a safety if they landed Coleman. The rumor was Iloka might get the axe. I don't think we'd really do it, but who knows? If we did sign Mathieu, he'd be another Williams so we'd have to SS on the field. I'd rather keep Iloka.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:20 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: We would have if they signed Coleman

Well if not Mathieu.... Mike Mitchell is available...  don't remember how good he is. but probly wouldn't mind picking off Ben a few times a year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well if not Mathieu.... Mike Mitchell is available...  don't remember how good he is. but probly wouldn't mind picking off Ben a few times a year.

No.

Mitchell on the Steelers is “tough football”. (Still cheap shots)

Mitchell on the bengals is illegal, cheap shot, and suspended.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:39 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: James Rapien said that he heard the team may have released a safety if they landed Coleman. The rumor was Iloka might get the axe. I don't think we'd really do it, but who knows? If we did sign Mathieu, he'd be another Williams so we'd have to SS on the field. I'd rather keep Iloka.

Serious? They were going to cut Iloka over Shawn?
Reply/Quote