Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyrann Mathieu
Will be available shortly. Worth a shot?

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8387/tyrann-mathieu
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No he is injury prone and he is virtually a Nickelback which we already have in Dennard. Although Tolbin did like him and he does want more turnovers so he might be on our radar.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Pipe dream. Ebenezer would never spend that kind of money on an outsider. We have our own to sign, rookies to pay, injuries to cover and overpayed has beens to keep.
Reply/Quote
He has a fat head for just weighing a buck 89.

Have not really watched him much at all in pros but if he can be had cheap ?

Then it would be worth a shot at resurrecting his career here.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I wish..the guy is a stud. to good , too costly too big of name for Merv n Company
Reply/Quote
Like stated have not really followed him in pros.

Why did Az dwindle his playing time down some last year ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He was a fantastic player prior to his injury. I'm not sure how he's progressed since his injury and with him being cut, that may be the explanation.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:57 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: He was a fantastic player prior to his injury. I'm not sure how he's progressed since his injury and with him being cut, that may be the explanation.

He had a monster year in 2015.  Now, having had both ACLs reconstructed, it's a bit dicey if he'll ever return to prominence.  

They could always bring him in for a workout.  Worst that could happen is he can't perform and both go their separate ways.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think it would be worth the gamble on the Honey Badger.

Dude is a ballhawk from hell. Rare talent, always around the ball and causing turnovers which is just what we need here.

I would give him a shot and just because he is a big name doesn't mean he would cost a lot of money.

He is coming off of injury. Need Lineman though, this has to be the priority.
Reply/Quote
I'd do it if Leon Hall retires and would be willing to mentor him.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 12:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Will be available shortly. Worth a shot?

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8387/tyrann-mathieu

I'd Look to sign him...  We would have to move on from someone on Defense to do so i'd think  (just to make room on the field)
Reply/Quote
If Tyrann Mathieu can play free safety I would be all over it.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Tyrann Mathieu can play free safety I would be all over it.

That would be his position, take Shawn's spot on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think it would be worth the gamble on the Honey Badger.

Dude is a ballhawk from hell. Rare talent, always around the ball and causing turnovers which is just what we need here.

I would give him a shot and just because he is a big name doesn't mean he would cost a lot of money.

He is coming off of injury. Need Lineman though, this has to be the priority.

Agree! What he lacks in size, he makes up for with not just good , but excellent ball awareness.

Another name mentioned in an attached article with the HB is Tavon Austin. Personally, I'd kick the tires on both. Austin is essentially, Ross insurance.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 03:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree! What he lacks in size, he makes up for with not just good , but excellent ball awareness.

Another name mentioned in an attached article with the HB is Tavon Austin. Personally, I'd kick the tires on both. Austin is essentially, Ross insurance.

Would love this, always loved Tavon Austin and was for us drafting him years back. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 03:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree! What he lacks in size, he makes up for with not just good , but excellent ball awareness.

Interested to see what Steadman bailey has...

Apparently just worked out at a proday...   (was previously shot in the head 2 years ago..)  don't remember him(talent wise)...  But its a cool comeback story.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Interested to see what Steadman bailey has...

Apparently just worked out at a proday...   (was previously shot in the head 2 years ago..)  don't remember him(talent wise)...  But its a cool comeback story.

Didn't know Bailey was shot in the head, damn. Shocked

He was a very good Receiver at West Virginia but i don't know if he brings the speed we need at WR.
Reply/Quote
No, he lost a step after the ACL. He was a good player, but he did not look good last year. Maybe if he makes it past the week 1 price hike and gets into a price that reflects his actual production.
Reply/Quote
I'd love to sign him

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Mathieu is someone id look at but I doubt we have 3 Safety's making starter money.
Reply/Quote