Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyree Jackson?
Mesurables are off the charts .. what do we think about this guy? I'm up in the air in him.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 02:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mesurables are off the charts .. what do we think about this guy? I'm up in the air in him.

If he doesn't make it as a QB, he's big enough to play power forward in the NBA.

Big arm, obviously, probably a nightmare to bring down.

Pretty good td to int ratio as a senior.

You would definitely like to see a higher completion percentage.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He is a more mobile Brock Osweiller. Elongated delivery and questionable accuracy will have him struggling in the NFL. The accuracy are mechanics related so it could be fixable, but that wind up delivery we have seen many times and it often leads to interceptions. 
Reply/Quote
Pretty glowing write-up on him in USA Today. I haven’t watched him play, so my evaluation is worth zero, but the article sounds a lot like Daunte Culpepper.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/nfl-draft-tyree-jackson-scouting-report-height-senior-bowl
Reply/Quote
He's an intriguing prospect. Taylor and Callahan are both QB guys, and we still have Van Pelt too. If he's there in the third and they think they can shape him, wouldn't hate the pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
He’s pretty impressive with a lot of questions. I agree with Steven Ruiz’s post “Get him a good coaching staff.” He could be the next Roethlesberger with the right OL. Plus, he has legs when needed and can use them.

Jackson: height 6’7 249lbs

Ben: height 6’5 240

Both big bodied QBs. Both have inconsistencies, but Jackson, with the right coaching, could be better. Then again, it all starts with OL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Piggy weighs 240, I must weigh about 45 lbs. Maybe that was when he graduated.
Reply/Quote
Like I said, His delivery is Byron Leftwhich like to me (wind up). That is usually a cue that veterans key on to break on quicker routes. If he is a 3rd round option I am interested but some of the talk of early 2nd even late 1st I have seen is kind of crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 10:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: Like I said, His delivery is Byron Leftwhich like to me (wind up). That is usually a cue that veterans key on to break on quicker routes. If he is a 3rd round option I am interested but some of the talk of early 2nd even late 1st I have seen is kind of crazy.
I expect him to go 4/5
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I expect him to go 4/5

I think someone becomes infatuated with him (size,Arm, mobility) and he goes way early. I just know that history show us that wind up can't be fixed. Some have gotten away with it, but most can't.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think someone becomes infatuated with him (size,Arm, mobility) and he goes way early. I just know that history show us that wind up can't be fixed. Some have gotten away with it, but most can't.

Somebody will take him in the second, if not the bottom of the first.  That's just how today's league works.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The more I think about this, Bruce Arians taking him as Jameis's back up makes a hell of a lot of sense. I think in that kind of system, interestingly enough with Leftwhich as the OC, he could actually do something.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 07:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pretty glowing write-up on him in USA Today. I haven’t watched him play, so my evaluation is worth zero, but the article sounds a lot like Daunte Culpepper.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/nfl-draft-tyree-jackson-scouting-report-height-senior-bowl

I actually watched his bowl game against Troy.....and it was an entertaining game.....he has a cannon.  He is mobile, but from what I saw in that game, he had to be.  His line was giving up some pressure.  It didn't appear to me that he looks to duck and run quickly.  Looked more like out of necessity.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote