Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots Scouting 1st rd Qb's
It looks like Belichek is not sold on his Qb's and is looking to acquire one in the draft, but at #15 he's not gonna get one of the top 5 that appears to be available, as I have these teams drafting one ahead of them. I think a trade back with NE would be very good for us!! What realistic package would it take? For #5 I would expect: #15, #46(2), #96(3) and 135(4)

1) Lawrence-Jax
2) Wilson-Jets
3) Fields-Carolina
4) Jones- Denver
5) Lance- SF
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 03:09 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: It looks like Belichek is not sold on his Qb's and is looking to acquire one in the draft, but at #15 he's not gonna get one of the top 5 that appears to be available, as I have these teams drafting one ahead of them. I think a trade back with NE would be very good for us!! What realistic package would it take? For #5 I would expect: #15, #46(2), #96(3) and 135(4)

1) Lawrence-Jax
2) Wilson-Jets
3) Fields-Carolina
4) Jones- Denver
5) Lance- SF

To go from 5 to 15, more than you are asking.

At a minimum, 1st round (15) and 1st round in 2022 also, then rest you asked other than remove the #96 pick in round 3 would be fair
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Patriots are the king of "quantity over quality" when it comes to draft picks. Over the last 12 years they have had 19 second round picks and 20 third round picks. I don't see any way in hell they give up that many picks just to move up 10 spots in the first round.

Especially with all the hype Lance is starting to get.
Reply/Quote
My guess is you will have an opportunity to get back from 5 and not need to drop out of the top 10 if a trade back is what you want.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 03:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To go from 5 to 15, more than you are asking.

At a minimum, 1st round (15) and 1st round in 2022 also, then rest you asked other than remove the #96 pick in round 3 would be fair

His figures seem about right to me. Our first round pick is worth 1700 points. The Patriots first, second, third and fourth this year equals 1668. To get it closer, they could include their second 4th round pick. Teams use alternate value charts than what you find online, though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Highly doubt Bill would do that.
Reply/Quote
I'd actually prefer picks pushed into next year, but for trades sake,

Pats get: #5

Bengals get: #15, #46(2) and #116(4) this year , and #2(2022) and #6(2022)
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 03:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Highly doubt Bill would do that.

I think it is more likely Bill would leverage trading a guy like Stephon Gilmore to move up a couple of slots than mortgage a massive amount of picks. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 05:44 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I'd actually prefer picks pushed into next year, but for trades sake,

Pats get: #5

Bengals get: #15, #46(2) and #116(4) this year , and #2(2022) and #6(2022)

its intriguing too because of the history of  Mikey and Bellichick seem to be bros and can make deals with eachother or pick up waived/ cut players etc.. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 03:09 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: It looks like Belichek is not sold on his Qb's and is looking to acquire one in the draft, but at #15 he's not gonna get one of the top 5 that appears to be available, as I have these teams drafting one ahead of them. I think a trade back with NE would be very good for us!! What realistic package would it take? For #5 I would expect: #15, #46(2), #96(3) and 135(4)

1) Lawrence-Jax
2) Wilson-Jets
3) Fields-Carolina
4) Jones- Denver
5) Lance- SF

1.) I will be absolutely shocked if Wilson is drafted over Fields...I know a lot of folks are saying that, and it isn't just you, but I will be shocked.

2.) The Pats hardly ever trade up.  They value picks too much.  I could see them taking a QB with their first round pick (maybe after sliding back even more) to get a QB like Mac Jones or Kyle Trask.  

3.) If someone offered the Bengals a great haul of picks for #5, I would imagine they would jump all over it, but I simply don't see it happening.  Teams value their picks too much.  
Reply/Quote
Coming out of the 1st round without Sewell, Chase, or Pitts would be awfully painful.

You'd be looking at getting someone like Leatherwood, Carman, or Cosmi in the 1st at 15th instead and that just seems like a big drop off.

If I was going to trade down, I don't think I would want to get out of Top-10. You'd still have an outside chance at Pitts. Even if he's gone, you could still go for Slater, Waddle, or Vera-Tucker. I don't think those guys will be there at 15.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 05:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) I will be absolutely shocked if Wilson is drafted over Fields...I know a lot of folks are saying that, and it isn't just you, but I will be shocked.

2.) The Pats hardly ever trade up.  They value picks too much.  I could see them taking a QB with their first round pick (maybe after sliding back even more) to get a QB like Mac Jones or Kyle Trask.  

3.) If someone offered the Bengals a great haul of picks for #5, I would imagine they would jump all over it, but I simply don't see it happening.  Teams value their picks too much.  

not so sure about #3....did you see what Rams just coughed up for Stafford? and that included sending  Goff too
I know rams wanted to unload the contract but still. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Coming out of the 1st round without Sewell, Chase, or Pitts would be awfully painful.

You'd be looking at getting someone like Leatherwood, Carman, or Cosmi in the 1st at 15th instead and that just seems like a big drop off.

If I was going to trade down, I don't think I would want to get out of Top-10. You'd still have an outside chance at Pitts. Even if he's gone, you could still go for Slater, Waddle, or Vera-Tucker. I don't think those guys will be there at 15.

I feel the same way, those 3 guys are the best at their position in the Draft. 

I take one of them rather than trading out of the top 10.
Reply/Quote

1) Lawrence-Jax
2) Wilson-Jets
3) Fields-Carolina
4) Jones- Denver
5) Lance- SF

who is his QB?  i didnt think cam newton was coming back.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Coming out of the 1st round without Sewell, Chase, or Pitts would be awfully painful.

yeah well how far down you have to drop increases the amount of extra picks you get....    Having 2 extra picks in the top 100 could do a lot.  but you do miss out on the perceived top 10 guys (but perception isn't always reality in the draft..)
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 01:30 PM)kalibengal Wrote: not so sure about #3....did you see what Rams just coughed up for Stafford? and that included sending  Goff too
I know rams wanted to unload the contract but still. 

That is completely different....a proven commodity under contract compared to a draft pick.  

Ironic you bring up the Lions because last year at pick #3, they wanted a trade partner to get more picks.  Nothing happened.  They took Okudah as the BPA.  It happens.  And in this cash-strapped year, picks are even more important.  Not saying I am 100% right, but I would be shocked as I said.  
Reply/Quote