Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyrod Taylor
(09-03-2020, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The first game of last year is one of the biggest mysteries in Bengal history.  How did we do so many good things in that game against a good team and then look like absolute shit for the rest of the season?

Do you guys remember how we all felt after that game?  It is hard to imagine now.

I think SF watched the tape and said:  Run wide and short passes against their LBs.  And we had no answer.  It was also pathetically stupid to wear all black on one of the hottest September days in recent memory.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 02:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm sorry, but this is embarrassing.

Yeah, at the time I was encouraged but in hindsight getting pumped about an encouraging loss has "2 win season" written all over it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 06:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, at the time I was encouraged but in hindsight getting pumped about an encouraging loss has "2 win season" written all over it.  

It’s because it was a new regime. Since it was Zacs first game the thought was “Hey, maybe we are onto something good here!”

I remember people being like “cool your jets, this team will wind up 6-10”. So, at that point even the pessimists had a rosy view of the team thanks to that game. I don’t think any of us were prepared for how bad we were really going to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 05:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I honestly think our defense is better, at least without Derwin James out there.  

The tackling will be the tell tell sign.

If we can tackle and finish on Defense we could be really good. We got rid of our bad tacklers and added good tacklers.

Our D-line is just as good if they can finish and I love the new Linebackers we brought in, but they are young, will take time.

Would love for Wilson and ADG to be great off the bat it just doesn't happen very often at all with rookies.

This is why I loved us bringing in Bynes to play besides Pratt (my breakout Defensive player pick) we could be good on D.

(09-03-2020, 05:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is what makes Burrow special.  If they blitz him, he will find an open man and torch them.  You could rattle Dalton.  I don't think you can rattle Burrow.  

No doubt, he seems to get better the more you hit him, blitz him or pressure him. Crazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, he seems to get better the more you hit him, blitz him or pressure him. Crazy.

Burrow is like Hulk Hogan...go ahead and hit your finisher, it's just gonna make him more powerful!  Man, I hope our o-line doesn't improve TOO much! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 07:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow is like Hulk Hogan...go ahead and hit your finisher, it's just gonna make him more powerful!  Man, I hope our o-line doesn't improve TOO much! Ninja

Lol

Just sayin, he ain't no Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol

Just sayin, he ain't no Dalton.

Channeling my inner Fred...

You’re right, he hasn’t completed a pass in the NFL. He’s never even sniffed an NFL playoff game. He is nowhere close to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Channeling my inner Fred...

You’re right, he hasn’t completed a pass in the NFL. He’s never even sniffed an NFL playoff game. He is nowhere close to Dalton.

Well done. Smirk
Reply/Quote