Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UAE Man Mistaken for Terrorist in Ohio Spurs Diplomatic Incident
(07-05-2016, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Read this forum. The left is unapologetic; yet easily offended. The man was detained and found to be without cause, an apology never hurt anyone, but questioning him in a crowd might. I have read reports where he refused to get on the ground when originally ordered to do so. 

Oh no!  An innocent man didn't go immediately to the ground when he was surprised a cop was there to arrest him?

The horror!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-05-2016, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Read this forum. The left is unapologetic; yet easily offended. The man was detained and found to be without cause, an apology never hurt anyone, but questioning him in a crowd might. I have read reports where he refused to get on the ground when originally ordered to do so. 

So if what they did was what they should have done, why was there an apology? I am still not getting that. An apology implies you were in the wrong in some way.

(07-05-2016, 07:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh no!  An innocent man didn't go immediately to the ground when he was surprised a cop was there to arrest him?

The horror!

My thought as well. I am standing around not doing anything illegal and some cop tells me to get on the ground, it ain't happening.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-05-2016, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So if what they did was what they should have done, why was there an apology? I am still not getting that. An apology implies you were in the wrong in some way.

My thought as well. I am standing around not doing anything illegal and some cop tells me to get on the ground, it ain't happening.

Well clearly you don't care about the rule of law!  Ninja
(07-05-2016, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So if what they did was what they should have done, why was there an apology? I am still not getting that. An apology implies you were in the wrong in some way.

An apology means you regretted an act happened; not necessarily that the act was "wrong", but roll with the never apologize unless you are wrong approach (can I call the left or can I call the left). Quick tell me: What did the Mayor of Avon do wrong? Obviously something, because he issued an apology. 

What if that LEO knows something you don't know and getting down is for your safety? Guess I'm not the rebel others are, A LEO tells me to get on the ground; I get on the ground, we can figure it out later. But you do you. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I have to imagine people are detained for a short time all the time based on people reporting some sort of activity.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-05-2016, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: An apology means you regretted an act happened; not necessarily that the act was "wrong", but roll with the never apologize unless you are wrong approach (can I call the left or can I call the left). Quick tell me: What did the Mayor of Avon do wrong? Obviously something, because he issued an apology. 

What if that LEO knows something you don't know and getting down is for your safety? Guess I'm not the rebel others are, A LEO tells me to get on the ground; I get on the ground, we can figure it out later. But you do you. 

Oh, if only we were all as perfect a citizen as you Larry.

But hey, you do you.
The dude drops down to pray 5 times per day.
I fail to see why he couldn't go through the motion one more time.
(07-05-2016, 11:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: The dude drops down to pray 5 times per day.
I fail to see why he couldn't go through the motion one more time.

Because a Law Enforcement Officer of the country he is visiting (treating him) told him to. What person in their right mind would get down because an officer of the law instructed them to do so?

Brings me to mind back in '06 when I was walking through security in the Tokyo airport. I took off my shoes prior to entering the detector, about 3 airport security officer commanded me to stop, stupid me stopped instead of continuing to strut around in my "I'm not doing anything wrong" mentality. Come to find out that they had slippers they wanted you to wear and not walk around without shoes.

Apparently there are those here that would not have stopped when instructed to do so.

Can we be honest? If you were arrested because some hick from Ohio told the cops you pledged allegiance to ISIS, how would you feel about your arrest?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-06-2016, 12:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Can we be honest? If you were arrested because some hick from Ohio told the cops you pledged allegiance to ISIS, how would you feel about your arrest?

I'd be pissed.

Let's be honest v.2: What would you do as a LEO if you had been told multiple sources told you someone in a crowded hotel has pledged alliance to a terrorist organization and then when you showed up on the scene and asked him to get down on the ground, he refused? 

(07-06-2016, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd be pissed.

Let's be honest v.2: What would you do as a LEO if you had been told multiple sources told you someone in a crowded hotel has pledged alliance to a terrorist organization and then when you showed up on the scene and asked him to get down on the ground, he refused? 

Before I play this game, I just want to point out that he did comply with them. If someone refused, however, I'd arrest them.

(07-06-2016, 01:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Before I play this game, I just want to point out that he did comply with them. If someone refused, however, I'd arrest them.

Just so we're clear: If I can show you a report that he refused to get down when originally instructed to do  so, then you'd agree he should be arrested.(Remember, we're being honest) 

(07-06-2016, 01:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just so we're clear: If I can show you a report that he refused to get down when originally instructed to do  so, then you'd agree he should be arrested.(Remember, we're being honest) 

And if I can show you the body camera footage of him dropping when he is told to and a dozen of officers are 20+ feet away from him at this point?

(07-06-2016, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd be pissed.

How did we get to this bold statement above from the original story?

Are we allowed to just make stuff up now to make us "right"?
(07-06-2016, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because a Law Enforcement Officer of the country he is visiting (treating him) told him to. What person in their right mind would get down because an officer of the law instructed them to do so?

Brings me to mind back in '06 when I was walking through security in the Tokyo airport. I took off my shoes prior to entering the detector, about 3 airport security officer commanded me to stop, stupid me stopped instead of continuing to strut around in my "I'm not doing anything wrong" mentality. Come to find out that they had slippers they wanted you to wear and not walk around without shoes.

Apparently there are those here that would not have stopped when instructed to do so.

Do like apples or oranges?

You were in a security area, knowing you were being looked at, when they told you to stop.

The gentleman in the story was minding his own business when  cop showed up and told him to get on the ground.
(07-06-2016, 02:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: And if I can show you the body camera footage of him dropping when he is told to and a dozen of officers are 20+ feet away from him at this point?

I can see you are not willing to provide answers. So on to the next subject.

(07-05-2016, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeh, no reason to try to keep it from happening again.  Just keep harrassing innocent people and then apologize.  Nothing to see here.

"AMERICA!  HELL YEAH!"

people should report things that seem suspicious...  Better to inconvenience someone a few hours than for something much worse to happen.

but don't just apply that to people who might be from the middle east. apply it to everyone 
(07-06-2016, 10:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I can see you are not willing to provide answers. So on to the next subject.

He counter offered.  Don't you want to play by equal rules?
(07-05-2016, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What would you have done if you were a LEO and someone told you a man just pledged allegiance to a Terrorist organization?  

Conduct some sort of investigation before taking a person into custody.  He was not fleeing the scene or breaking any laws at the time the police arrived.  

Police are required to have probable cause to make an arrest.

(07-05-2016, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who did the Constitution not protect in this instance? 

The man who was taken into custody without probable cause.  The call was enough to justify a police investigation.   It was not enough to justify taking the man into custody.
Here is the video. he dropped immediately.

I love the part where the guy has to search through the bushes for the cell phone he threw there.