Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UC Bearcat basketball thread
(04-10-2019, 09:27 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: While I’m surprised he left I felt the program had plateaued under him.  I appreciate what he did here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree.  Mick is stuck in a time warp.  No flexibility and very reluctant to adjust.  (Gee, that sounds familiar).
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 11:50 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Rumors are top two candidates are Nick Van Exel and the HC of NKU, John Brannen.

Brannen is a rising star.

And NIck The Quick.  Man, was he fun to watch.  It was the very first UC Midnight Madness and Huggie had just brought in his first class of recruits, the guys who went to the Final Four--Herb Jones, Blount, Van Exel, Buford et al.

A bunch of buddies and I went on the spur of the moment.  The place was practically empty.   We were pretty blown away by those guys.  And Van Exel was amazing.  I mean incredible.  Unguardable.  That was a fun team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 12:19 PM)McC Wrote: Brannen is a rising star.

And NIck The Quick.  Man, was he fun to watch.  It was the very first UC Midnight Madness and Huggie had just brought in his first class of recruits, the guys who went to the Final Four--Herb Jones, Blount, Van Exel, Buford et al.

A bunch of buddies and I went on the spur of the moment.  The place was practically empty.   We were pretty blown away by those guys.  And Van Exel was amazing.  I mean incredible.  Unguardable.  That was a fun team.

I was a court side ball boy for the Miami Red(skins)hawks during Van Exel and Blount’s senior season. They came to Oxford to play and ESPN televised it. Only got on tv once, when I got to run onto the court and wipe up Blount’s sweat when he hit the deck.
[Image: ajtpggg.gif]
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
Reply/Quote
Looks like Cumberland is going to test the NBA waters, and Brooks entered him name into the transfer window.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 01:51 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Looks like Cumberland is going to test the NBA waters, and Brooks entered him name into the transfer window.

I’m fine with Brooks leaving. Cumberland could hurt, I think he’ll come back though.

Just reading up on Brannen’s philosophy and I think players are going to want to play for him, lots of scoring.

In good news, top recruit Curtis, Ohio’s Mr. Basketball, a SG that averaged 34ppg is staying committed...so far.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 08:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m fine with Brooks leaving. Cumberland could hurt, I think he’ll come back though.

Just reading up on Brannen’s philosophy and I think players are going to want to play for him, lots of scoring.

In good news, top recruit Curtis, Ohio’s Mr. Basketball, a SG that averaged 34ppg is staying committed...so far.

My brother said Brooks, Johnson and Curtis are thinking about switching teams.  I can't find anything online about the last couple tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:16 PM)sloSTI Wrote: My brother said Brooks, Johnson and Curtis are thinking about switching teams.  I can't find anything online about the last couple tho.
Would suck to lose Curtis. I think he’ll fit perfect in the new up-tempo system.

Good news on Johnson, terrible scorer and the new system has to have guys that can score. He’s from California, so he might end up at UCLA.

I found Fredrickson is transferring, too. Another good thing, the guy is only defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Would suck to lose Curtis. I think he’ll fit perfect in the new up-tempo system.

Good news on Johnson, terrible scorer and the new system has to have guys that can score. He’s from California, so he might end up at UCLA.

I found Fredrickson is transferring, too. Another good thing, the guy is only defense.

I haven't been able to find out any information on either of those guys, I did see something about them reaching out to some Villanova transfer 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:08 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I haven't been able to find out any information on either of those guys, I did see something about them reaching out to some Villanova transfer 

Latest updates: Brooks to Miami, Fredricks to UAB and Curtis did reopen his recruitment.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 08:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Latest updates: Brooks to Miami, Fredricks to UAB and Curtis did reopen his recruitment.

I guess there is no chance Curtis comes back to UC?
Reply/Quote
https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati/Article/Jeremiah-Davenport-Signs-With-Cincinnati-Bearcats-131966546/Amp/?fbclid=IwAR3Zvv_q5ixj0r1sKUZU83Va-grS2ZNl3NlVDmoeJMaO0lub4RNRAsTYOIk

Got one from right here in Cincy
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2019, 02:16 PM)sloSTI Wrote: https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati/Article/Jeremiah-Davenport-Signs-With-Cincinnati-Bearcats-131966546/Amp/?fbclid=IwAR3Zvv_q5ixj0r1sKUZU83Va-grS2ZNl3NlVDmoeJMaO0lub4RNRAsTYOIk

Got one from right here in Cincy

Looks like a good get. We need scorers and the article says he’s good at all three levels.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Curtis is off to Nebraska, and if Cumberland comes back to school, his cousin could join him here.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 01:33 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Looks like Curtis is off to Nebraska, and if Cumberland comes back to school, his cousin could join him here.

Just read this. Why would anybody think playing basketball at Nebraska is better than Cincy?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 04:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just read this. Why would anybody think playing basketball at Nebraska is better than Cincy?

I don't know either, maybe he has family or a teammate is there or is going there.  I thought he would stay kinda local or in state.  UC did get a transfer from NKU
Reply/Quote