Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UC coach Fickell moving to On Wisconsin
After 6 years in Cincinnati, Luke Fickell is leaving the Bearcats for Wisconsin. The move is to be officially announced later today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Never thought Fickell was all about the $$$ but there's no other reason for this. Going to the maybe 4th best team in the Big 10 where you will get dominated by Ohio State and Michigan every year till you get fired is a head scratcher.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 03:12 PM)pally Wrote: After 6 years in Cincinnati, Luke Fickell is leaving the Bearcats for Wisconsin.  The move is to be officially announced later today

I never thought Luke would leave for a bottom feeder in the BIG 10. Thanks Luke for all you've done for the program but I'll be rooting against you every step of the way. Although he'd likely never come but I'd love to see a Deion Sanders interview.
Reply/Quote
I assume Wisconsin gave him one hell of a financial deal?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:08 PM)Emeritus Wrote: I never thought Luke would leave for a bottom feeder in the BIG 10. Thanks Luke for all you've done for the program but I'll be rooting against you every step of the way. Although he'd likely never come but I'd love to see a Deion Sanders interview.

That's the thing I really don't get about this, had he left for Ohio State or Oklahoma I get it but Wisconsin? That'd be like taking the Ole Miss job, sure you're in the SEC but you aren't going to win anything at all.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I assume Wisconsin gave him one hell of a financial deal?

7 Years at 7.9 million per.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he’s trying to build something better there. Like he just did at UC.

Characterizing MadCity as a bottom feeder is a bit harsh. 2nd tier, maybe.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 04:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Never thought Fickell was all about the $$$ but there's no other reason for this. Going to the maybe 4th best team in the Big 10 where you will get dominated by Ohio State and Michigan every year till you get fired is a head scratcher.

It’s $8 million a year and can go higher. All of us would take that deal in the same situation.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s $8 million a year and can go higher. All of us would take that deal in the same situation.

Not sure I would. He has 5 million at Cincinnati and would have gotten an easy raise headed to the Big 12. Wisconsin will want a championship which he won't get unless Ohio State and Michigan leave the conference. 

It isn't just money, it is job security and at UC he'd have been secure for a long time. I think 4 years is all he gets in Wisconsin. I see Butch Jones version 2.0. Left for a better conference but not a team that could complete with the top 2.

Reply/Quote