Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
UDFA Thread-2023
Is Burrow throwing at the rookie mini camp? When are we signing a QB UDFA? Sarcasm Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:37 PM)pally Wrote: Now that the official draft is almost over, it is time to begin to look forward to the 8th round...the UDFA's.  The team has 69 players under contract, 8 draft picks, so can sign 13 UDFAs to meet the pre-season roster max of 90  I would think we should see several TE's among that group, unless Zac really does hates them.

reported signees

G     Jaxson Kirkland-Washington
S      Larry Brooks-Tulane
LB    Shaka Heyward-Duke  (Cam Heyward's cousin)
RB    Jacob Saylors-East Tennessee
RB    Calvin Tyler-Utah State
DT    Devonnsha Maxwell-Tennessee Chattanooga
WR    Shedrick Jackson-Auburn  (Bo Jackson's nephew)
TE    Christian Trahan-Houston
LB.   Jaylen Moody-Alabama
Thanks for this undrafted free agent thread 

I like to point out some years that I remember when there was more than 7 rounds.  Here are some players Bengals got after round 7 and would have been undrafted free agents now.  BOB TRUMPY-Round 12, BOOBIE CLARK-Round 12, BOBBY KEMP-Round 8, TIM KRUMRIE-Round 10, BRUCE REIMERS-Round 8. BRUCE KOZERSKI-Round 9, SOLOMON WILCOTS-Round 8. 

As for Round 7, Bengals have attained in past LEMAR PARRISH, LOUIS BREEDEN, MAX MONTOYA

BURFICT was an undrafted free agent

So thanks for this thread, because the draft does not stop after the first couple rounds.  These names show players who were not top draft picks and yet added greatly to The Bengals. 

I'm also noticing these names you listed are not schools close to Cincinnati. I have seen players added to be nothing more than practice dummies from schools a short bus ride from Cincy. However these players are being brought in from far away, and that added expense of travel money tells me they have a chance to make the team if they fight and work hard.

I will also add that there are some unsigned Bengals still in free agency, who after this draft and college free agents added, I look for these Bengals to be trying to get resigned quickly before they don't have an NFL team to play for. So look for some Bengals still in free agency to rush to resign with The Bengals very fast now.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm sure most of, if not all, the UDFAs are just fighting for PS spots, but I could see Kirkland possibly grabbing a depth spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:34 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm sure most of, if not all, the UDFAs are just fighting for PS spots, but I could see Kirkland possibly grabbing a depth spot.

Maybe one of the RBs has a chance to knock Evans or even Williams off the roster?

I'd say the RB depth chart is: Mixon (RB1), Brown (RB2), Williams (RB3), and Evans (RB4).
Reply/Quote
Think we will resign Wilcox or another tight end
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:37 PM)pally Wrote: Now that the official draft is almost over, it is time to begin to look forward to the 8th round...the UDFA's.  The team has 69 players under contract, 8 draft picks, so can sign 13 UDFAs to meet the pre-season roster max of 90  I would think we should see several TE's among that group, unless Zac really does hates them.

reported signees

G     Jaxson Kirkland-Washington
S      Larry Brooks-Tulane
LB    Shaka Heyward-Duke  (Cam Heyward's cousin)
RB    Jacob Saylors-East Tennessee
RB    Calvin Tyler-Utah State
DT    Devonnsha Maxwell-Tennessee Chattanooga
WR    Shedrick Jackson-Auburn  (Bo Jackson's nephew)
TE    Christian Trahan-Houston
LB.   Jaylen Moody-Alabama

Love getting Kirkland, if he can get healthy he could push for a spot for sure. Interesting getting Bo Jackson's nephew, must have
some talent with that bloodline. Didn't watch Auburn play last year, only Tank Bigsby highlights. Wanted Laborn as an UDFA. Looks 
like we have 4 more holes to fill, so maybe Laborn still might be here?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love getting Kirkland, if he can get healthy he could push for a spot for sure. Interesting getting Bo Jackson's nephew, must have
some talent with that bloodline. Didn't watch Auburn play last year, only Tank Bigsby highlights. Wanted Laborn as an UDFA. Looks 
like we have 4 more holes to fill, so maybe Laborn still might be here?

49ers picked up Laborn
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 49ers picked up Laborn

Damn, liked that guy as a prospect at RB. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
Theres going to be a lot of surprising RB's cut before the season IMO. Hell the Bills have 4-5 good running backs currently on their roster they can't keep them all.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:34 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm sure most of, if not all, the UDFAs are just fighting for PS spots, but I could see Kirkland possibly grabbing a depth spot.

They must really like Saylors they paid him a bonus to sign with us.
Reply/Quote
Bengals announced they signed 13
S - Larry Brooks
WR - Mac Hippenhammer
WR - Shedrick Jackson
WR - Malachi Carter
G - Jaxson Kirkland
DT - Devonnsha Maxwell
DT- Tautala Pesefea
LB - Jaylen Moody
LB - Tyler Murray
LB - Shaka Heyward
TE - Christian Trahan
HB - Jacob Saylors
HB - Calvin Tyler JR
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 04:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals announced they signed 13
S - Larry Brooks
WR - Mac Hippenhammer
WR - Shedrick Jackson
WR - Malachi Carter  
G - Jaxson Kirkland
DT - Devonnsha Maxwell
DT- Tautala Pesefea
LB - Jaylen Moody
LB - Tyler Murray
LB - Shaka Heyward
TE - Christian Trahan
HB - Jacob Saylors
HB - Calvin Tyler JR

Awesome, really like Jaxson Kirkland, Shedrick Jackson and Devonnsha Maxwell...
Reply/Quote
Still only 1 additional tight end

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, really like Jaxson Kirkland, Shedrick Jackson and Devonnsha Maxwell...

I second this emotion. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 04:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals announced they signed 13
S - Larry Brooks
WR - Mac Hippenhammer
WR - Shedrick Jackson
WR - Malachi Carter  
G - Jaxson Kirkland
DT - Devonnsha Maxwell
DT- Tautala Pesefea
LB - Jaylen Moody
LB - Tyler Murray
LB - Shaka Heyward
TE - Christian Trahan
HB - Jacob Saylors
HB - Calvin Tyler JR

There are some players here that I feel have a legit shot at the 53 and those are Kirkland and Maxwell. I believe they offer some abilities that we currently do not have on the roster at their respective positions. 

I feel like they found some real future potential in Jackson and Carter at WR as well as Pesefea at NT and Heyward at LB. I think Heyward could have an outside chance of pushing someone off the depth chart in '23.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 04:55 PM)pally Wrote: Still only 1 additional tight end

Which oddly enough does not seem to be problem to Taylor and the staff just to some fans.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 09:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I second this emotion. 

Saw Kirkland play a lot, dude is good. Big mauler. Glass eater type for sure. Shedrick Jackson has the Bo bloodline and runs a 4.25 forty.

Maxwell just filled up the stat sheet with Sacks and TFL at Chattanooga. This guy for sure could push for a spot if Carter doesn't step it 
up at 3-tech. Love BJ Hill but he is more of a tweener DT, in between a NT and a 3T IMO. We need to collapse the interior pocket in 
passing situations for our Defense to really become elite.

(05-13-2023, 09:47 AM)OSUfan Wrote: There are some players here that I feel have a legit shot at the 53 and those are Kirkland and Maxwell. I believe they offer some abilities that we currently do not have on the roster at their respective positions. 

I feel like they found some real future potential in Jackson and Carter at WR as well as Pesefea at NT and Heyward at LB. I think Heyward could have an outside chance of pushing someone off the depth chart in '23.

Good stuff on Carter, Pesefea and Heyward. Know nothing about them. Would like to see the colleges listed of these guys.

I know where Kirkland, Shedrick and Maxwell played but not the others...

(05-13-2023, 09:49 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Which oddly enough does not seem to be problem to Taylor and the staff just to some fans.

Yep, just have to live with the fact Taylor and this staff do not value TE very much. Still want Wilcox back here, I like him better than 
Sample and Asiasi. I know nothing about this Trahan dude.
Reply/Quote
I don't think any of these make the 53 roster immediately, but several are interesting. I do think Ben Brown becomes the backup center and I will keep a close eye and Kirkland during the preseason. The reason Kirkland is interesting is because he could play both guard spots and right tackle.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 02:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think any of these make the 53 roster immediately, but several are interesting.  I do think Ben Brown becomes the backup center and I will keep a close eye and Kirkland during the preseason. The reason Kirkland is interesting is because he could play both guard spots and right tackle.

Could definitely see Ben Brown making the team over Trey Hill who just seems to get a penalty every time he is in.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could definitely see Ben Brown making the team over Trey Hill who just seems to get a penalty every time he is in.

I hope he can stay healthy and make the squad. Seems solid to me.
Reply/Quote