Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UDFA's that have impressed so far.
According to Coley Harvey, these 3 guys have been the most impressive so far of the undrafted rookies...

DT DeShawn Williams, Clemson. He hasn't popped consistently in practice, but a couple of times Tuesday he did a good job setting the edge as a defensive end during drills against the first-team offense. On one play in particular, he took his blocker further and further outside, forcing quarterback Andy Dalton to leave the pocket in that same direction. Dalton was forced to throw the ball away as he went out of bounds. Williams has played both on the inside and outside as part of different packages.

TE Matt Lengel, Eastern Kentucky. While Lengel has had a couple catches in the passing game that have been impressive so far, he also has shown a measure of physicality as a blocker. Although he has Tyler Eifert, Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah ahead of him on the depth chart (2014 practice squad tight end Jake Murphy has impressed some, too), the Bengals are looking for tight ends who don't shy from contact. Lengel's 6-foot-7, lean, pseudo-defensive end's frame makes him ideal to take on outside rushers.

WR Jake Kumerow, Wisconsin-Whitewater. Quite possibly the best of the undrafted rookies to this point, Kumerow practices like he's been in the NFL before. He's smooth in and out of routes, and has already demonstrated a few times an ability to get behind the defender going one-on-one with him. As the Bengals start rounding out their roster following James Wright's injured reserve designation, Kumerow could help them do it.

Harvey also thinks it will be difficult for any of them to make the 53...Full Article
Reply/Quote
These guys probably already know they're playing for PS spots. What a guy like this has to do is be so good, they can't keep you off the roster. You have to Burfict the coaches.

Seems like Kumerow has the best chance because there is opportunity to make the 53 at that position. He greatly increases his chances if he plays ST's. I haven't heard if he does or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I believe Kumerow has an actual shot at the 53. Everyone else is going for a PS spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I hope Kumerow makes the team.

Our WR corp is on the brink.

Green, Jones and Sanu are good players, but the rest aren't reliable receivers and Jones is coming off an injury.

That gives us pretty much no room for error at WR.
Reply/Quote
We all know how deceptive highlight videos can be, but I've seen Kumerow doing some pretty impressive stuff in practice. He certainly looks like he belongs on an NFL field. Plus, he's 6-6 or so, and can run 4.5. That tells you a lot. And his hands look good.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd1BgXV4V7U

there is a short bio on Kumerow.

I learned a good amount from the video... His father played DE and LB for the Miami Dolphins and he is cousins with Bosa on Ohio State.

He has wanted to play in the NFL since he was 6 years old.

Transferred to whitewater from Illinois because of a coaching change and the kid wanted to win.

I liked what I saw and heard on the video, hoping the coaching staff keeps him on.

I'm rooting for the kid.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the link to the video. I knew nothing about him till watching that. He has a chance to catch on. WR is probably the thinnest position on the team. If Jones injury lingers it gets even thinner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kumerow could definately make it. We all saw how thin it got in the Colts game...

This guy is big, fast and has good hands. He also looks like he can run good routes.
Reply/Quote
Kumerow is an interesting prospect, I feel like he can make an impact if we needed to call upon him. Whether it's the 53 or PS, I hope he sticks around.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 05:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe Kumerow has an actual shot at the 53. Everyone else is going for a PS spot.

i think we almost need to find a spot for a large target that runs good routes and has good hands dont we especially after we saw our backups in action a lot last year.

but those final few spots usually come down to special teams play but after the top 3 of Green Jones and sanu anything could happen on the back end...
Reply/Quote
Kummerow seems hungry.

To find that size and speed with good hands as a UDFA is def a plus.

He will get his shot.
Reply/Quote
Just watched some film from Brennan Warner on Cincy Jungle.   Kumerow looks pretty good.   He seems to get separation from speed or hand fighting.  In the last snap of him I saw before the video froze Shaw looked to be adjusting to him...

Little has some nice snaps too.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/5/9098857/bengals-training-camp-video-highlights-day-five-watch-in-1080p-hd
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 06:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd1BgXV4V7U

there is a short bio on Kumerow.

I learned a good amount from the video... His father played DE and LB for the Miami Dolphins and he is cousins with Bosa on Ohio State.

He has wanted to play in the NFL since he was 6 years old.

Transferred to whitewater from Illinois because of a coaching change and the kid wanted to win.

I liked what I saw and heard on the video, hoping the coaching staff keeps him on.

I'm rooting for the kid.
What a great attitude! After watching the video, I am really hyped about JK as a Bengal WR. Let's petition the coaches to keep him on the 53. ThumbsUp (like that would do any good) Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Kumerow has a shot......but I'll be rooting for the Lengel kid from my alma mater...... Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 02:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kumerow has a shot......but I'll be rooting for the Lengel kid from my alma mater...... Wink

Kumerow has the best shot because of the WR depth, but what they are gonna do about the TEs intrigues me.

Murphy and Lengel are battling it out for a PS spot right now ( which might not sound intriguing but remember the Bengals were into their PS TEs last season) and both look great doing what they do. Murphy so far has had the best hands of the TE group besides Eifert and Lengel has been the best blocker (possibly including Eifert).

This is gonna be a damn good preseason for players battling it out for a roster spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 03:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Kumerow has the best shot because of the WR depth, but what they are gonna do about the TEs intrigues me.

Murphy and Lengel are battling it out for a PS spot right now ( which might not sound intriguing but remember the Bengals were into their PS TEs last season) and both look great doing what they do. Murphy so far has had the best hands of the TE group besides Eifert and Lengel has been the best blocker (possibly including Eifert).

This is gonna be a damn good preseason for players battling it out for a roster spot.

Indeed......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 05:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: According to Coley Harvey, these 3 guys have been the most impressive so far of the undrafted rookies...

DT DeShawn Williams, Clemson. He hasn't popped consistently in practice, but a couple of times Tuesday he did a good job setting the edge as a defensive end during drills against the first-team offense. On one play in particular, he took his blocker further and further outside, forcing quarterback Andy Dalton to leave the pocket in that same direction. Dalton was forced to throw the ball away as he went out of bounds. Williams has played both on the inside and outside as part of different packages.

TE Matt Lengel, Eastern Kentucky. While Lengel has had a couple catches in the passing game that have been impressive so far, he also has shown a measure of physicality as a blocker. Although he has Tyler Eifert, Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah ahead of him on the depth chart (2014 practice squad tight end Jake Murphy has impressed some, too), the Bengals are looking for tight ends who don't shy from contact. Lengel's 6-foot-7, lean, pseudo-defensive end's frame makes him ideal to take on outside rushers.

WR Jake Kumerow, Wisconsin-Whitewater. Quite possibly the best of the undrafted rookies to this point, Kumerow practices like he's been in the NFL before. He's smooth in and out of routes, and has already demonstrated a few times an ability to get behind the defender going one-on-one with him. As the Bengals start rounding out their roster following James Wright's injured reserve designation, Kumerow could help them do it.

Harvey also thinks it will be difficult for any of them to make the 53...Full Article

Hope Kumerow keeps improving since Marvin Jones appears to be hurt again.
Reply/Quote
Jakes father Eric was an Ohio State Buckeye LB in the mid 80's   dude was a stud   GO BUCKS !

Hopes Jake shines and forces the coaches to keep him     Ryan Hewitt all over again

I luv the late round/undrafted free agent success stories   Krumrie (7th Rd) and Burfict stand out in my mind
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 01:33 AM)CincyKid Wrote: Jakes father Eric was an Ohio State Buckeye LB in the mid 80's   dude was a stud   GO BUCKS !

Hopes Jake shines and forces the coaches to keep him     Ryan Hewitt all over again

I luv the late round/undrafted free agent success stories   Krumrie (7th Rd) and Burfict stand out in my mind

Thanks for this. I'd totally forgotten that Krumrie was a 7th Rounder 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:08 AM)Shady Wrote: Thanks for this. I'd totally forgotten that Krumrie was a 7th Rounder 

10th round, actually.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote