Sexy Rexy Burkhead
14.05%
60 14.05%
Total 427 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UFA - Who Do You Want Back?
(01-02-2017, 11:54 AM)corpjet Wrote: UFA - Who Do You Want Back?

In order of 2016 cost....

LT - Big Whit - $9 Mill
DT - Peko - $4.5 Mill
WR - B LaFell - $2.5 Mill
CB - Dre - $2.15 Mill
G - K Eitler - $1.88 Mill
RT - E Winston - $1.09 Mill
RB - Ced - $1.06 Mill
DE - Margus Hunt - $917,000
DE - Wallace Gilberry - $885,000
DT - Brandon Thompson - $840,000
CB - Chykie Brown - $760,000
CB - B Boykin - $760,000
K - R Bullock - $760,000
RB - Sexy Rexy - $565,000

I hope we get most of them re-signed.....Peerman is paid more than Hill or Burkhead. That is stupid, just stupid. Peerman needs to go unless he takes a HUGE pay cut. ......You people are nuts on Zeitler. I hope we keep him and Whitworth.....I hope we keep the names at the top of the list. After Dre I do not care except Burkhead would be a good keep. ....If we keep Whit, LaFell, Kirky, Zeitler, Burkhead that would be huge.   I know good and well Mike Brown has blown it again and we lose even more players like last year. ....Peko getting older so I left him off, but I still like him. ....Winston, Peerman, Hunt, Gilberry, Boykin, Thompson, Brown, Bullock I could care less about, especially Peerman who is paid more than Hill or Burkhead. Peerman is way over paid. He stinks, to be honest about it. Paying maybe the worst RB in the NFL over a million is stupid.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
these are my votes on guys to KEEP for next season:

LT - Big Whit
DT - Peko
CB - Dre -- And, consider releasing Adam Jones
RB - Ced
DE - Margus Hunt
K - R Bullock
RB - R Burkhead
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 08:30 PM)samhain Wrote: Who I want back in order or priority:

1. Andrew Whitworth
2. Kevin Zeitler
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Dre Kirkpatrick
5. Rex Burkhead
6. Cedric Peerman

Who I think they'll bring back:

1. Andrew Whitworth
2. Domata Peko
3. Dre Kirkpatrick
4. Brandon LaFell
5. Cedric Peerman
6. Margus Hunt

There are already reports of them talking with Peko's people.  Unless other teams are beating down his door, I think he's back.  Jim O has repeatedly beat the drum about them not wanting anywhere near a 10 mil per contract for Zeitler.  I don't think they let him and Dre both walk.  

They are insane if they let Whitworth walk.  His play hasn't dropped off much if at all and the o-line is going to get even weaker when Zeitler chases a contract elsewhere.  Whit is way too important and his departure creates a huge need at LT since nobody here now can do the job effectively.  That means there's a good chance they go OT in 1 if one is available.  This equals a weaker roster than they began with this season.
I think Whitt leaves for a chance at a SB. He knows the Bengals are not going to get there with this coaching staff and owner. I hate to see him go, but he deserves a shot. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I actually have a feeling they ALL will be back next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:46 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I voted DreK and Zeit.

The rest are expendable. Including Whit.

Bash me all you want but he is old and had quite a few plain boneheaded penalties this season. If he wants back up money for a back up role then I'd consider it.
He is the top lt in the NFL beside Thomas
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 09:36 PM)kevin Wrote: I hope we get most of them re-signed.....Peerman is paid more than Hill or Burkhead. That is stupid, just stupid. Peerman needs to go unless he takes a HUGE pay cut. ......You people are nuts on Zeitler. I hope we keep him and Whitworth.....I hope we keep the names at the top of the list. After Dre I do not care except Burkhead would be a good keep. ....If we keep Whit, LaFell, Kirky, Zeitler, Burkhead that would be huge.   I know good and well Mike Brown has blown it again and we lose even more players like last year. ....Peko getting older so I left him off, but I still like him. ....Winston, Peerman, Hunt, Gilberry, Boykin, Thompson, Brown, Bullock I could care less about, especially Peerman who is paid more than Hill or Burkhead. Peerman is way over paid. He stinks, to be honest about it. Paying maybe the worst RB in the NFL over a million is stupid.

Do u even watch the games? He's paid that much bc he's probably the best special teams in the NFL. Watch most kickoff return they all broke big bc of peerman pancacking somebody go back 5 years that's why we have him and I hate lafell he would disappear for 3 quarters at a time no draft the best receiver since Amaru Cooper in Mike Williams and we will have 2 number ones. To go along with Robert and Boyd. Zeitler and Whit we need to keep along with peko.
Reply/Quote
Dre
Zeitler (sp?)
Big whit (because i want him to retire a bengal)

Thats about it. Itd be nice to have rexy back, yeah. But there is no way im taking him over Hill. Hills ceiling is too high, and i think he may have been hurt this season. Rexs sample size is 1 "good game." People are acting like he just had a 200 yard game.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 12:10 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Do u even watch the games? He's paid that much bc he's probably the best special teams in the NFL. Watch most kickoff return they all broke big bc of peerman pancacking somebody go back 5 years that's why we have him and I hate lafell he would disappear for 3 quarters at a time no draft the best receiver since Amaru Cooper in Mike Williams and we will have 2 number ones. To go along with Robert and Boyd. Zeitler and Whit we need to keep along with peko.

You DO  NOT pay Peerman more than Hill or Burkhead because of he is a so so RB but makes the team on special teams...Sorry, but Peerman stinks as a RB.  Peerman is yet another over rated Bengals player in the many decades of over rated Bengals players.....I would dump Peerman and pay Burkhead.  ...If you are telling me you would rather keep Peereman than Burkhead, that is crazy.....If you are telling me Peerman being paid more than Hill or Burkhead in 2016 makes sense, that is crazy......Eric Bieniemy was another over rated Bengals Rb special teams player and was better than Peerman.  I remember a game early in 1997 when somebody like Bill Parcells or Ditka was asked about Bengals and he said he didn't see why young Corey Dillon wasn't getting the ball more and he said he would not give you 2 cents for KiJana Carter or Eric Bieniemy.  Peerman isn't even as good as Bieniemy......Gio and Hill are back in 2017.  Given the choice between Peerman and Burkhead, only a fool would choose Peerman. ......You pretty much said you would choose Peerman over LaFell. That is really insane. ....Look, you can pick up undrafted free agents to play special teams as good or better than Peerman. You over rate Peermans making the team cuts on special teams. 

I'm glad to see many are not voting to keep Peerman. You are not looking at what he is paid. He is paid more than Hill or Burkhead. Is he as good as Hill or Burkhead, NO....A late round RB draft choice could replace Peerman in a second and be better all around as a RB/ Special teams guy. Not only is Peerman NOT worth over a million dollars, but a non drafted free agent RB out of college could replace him on the cheap. ....We should dump the dead weight million dollar players and re-sign our top dogs to get back in the play-offs in 2017. ..I would like to see Whit, Zeitler, LaFell, Kirky and Burkhead re-signed....then maybe add some other teams free agents.....but have a great draft....and lets get back to the play-offs and go Super Bowl.......The Super Bowl starts with being smart enough to see Burkhead is better than Peerman. We do not even want to keep both. Sorry, but Peerman is not that good and over paid. He is the stuff 4 win teams are made of. Our love over the years for Toast Jones, Bieniemy, Baby Hawk, Peerman and other second rate players is why we do not win play-off games because no true play-off team would want our lovable scrubs. I can't imagine any play-off team paying Peerman over a million dollars. Only losing teams make those type contracts......I promise you there will be late round or undrafted college RBs as good or better than Peerman. Some RB that was a star in high school and college and just slips through the draft to us. Young with very coachable potential that could replace million dollar Peerman in a second.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 08:45 AM)kevin Wrote: You DO  NOT pay Peerman more than Hill or Burkhead because of he is a so so RB but makes the team on special teams...Sorry, but Peerman stinks as a RB.  Peerman is yet another over rated Bengals player in the many decades of over rated Bengals players.....I would dump Peerman and pay Burkhead.  ...If you are telling me you would rather keep Peereman than Burkhead, that is crazy.....If you are telling me Peerman being paid more than Hill or Burkhead in 2016 makes sense, that is crazy......Eric Bieniemy was another over rated Bengals Rb special teams player and was better than Peerman.  I remember a game early in 1997 when somebody like Bill Parcells or Ditka was asked about Bengals and he said he didn't see why young Corey Dillon wasn't getting the ball more and he said he would not give you 2 cents for KiJana Carter or Eric Bieniemy.  Peerman isn't even as good as Bieniemy......Gio and Hill are back in 2017.  Given the choice between Peerman and Burkhead, only a fool would choose Peerman. ......You pretty much said you would choose Peerman over LaFell. That is really insane. ....Look, you can pick up undrafted free agents to play special teams as good or better than Peerman. You over rate Peermans making the team cuts on special teams. 

I'm glad to see many are not voting to keep Peerman.  You are not looking at what he is paid. He is paid more than Hill or Burkhead. Is he as good as Hill or Burkhead, NO....A late round RB draft choice could replace Peerman in a second and be better all around as a RB/ Special teams guy.  Not only is Peerman NOT worth over a million dollars, but a non drafted free agent RB out of college could replace him on the cheap. ....We should dump the dead weight million dollar players and re-sign our top dogs to get back in the play-offs in 2017. ..I would like to see Whit, Zeitler, LaFell, Kirky and Burkhead re-signed....then maybe add some other teams free agents.....but have a great draft....and lets get back to the play-offs and go Super Bowl.......The Super Bowl starts with being smart enough to see Burkhead is better than Peerman. We do not even want to keep both. Sorry, but Peerman is not that good and over paid. He is the stuff 4 win teams are made of. Our love over the years for Toast Jones, Bieniemy, Baby Hawk, Peerman and other second rate players is why we do not win play-off games because no true play-off team would want our lovable scrubs. I can't imagine any play-off team paying Peerman over a million dollars. Only losing teams make those type contracts......I promise you there will be late round or undrafted college RBs as good or better than Peerman. Some RB that was a star in high school and college and just slips through the draft to us. Young with very coachable potential that could replace million dollar Peerman in a second.

The reason peerman is paid more than burkhead and hill is bc they are still on thier rookie deals peerman is not. And u think it was a coincidence that special teams went from one of the worst to one of the best when peerman got back? He's a pro bowler for a reason, a captain for a reason.hea not a good rb but a elite st captain. As for lafell he's wack end of story most of his yards came because aj was out if aj hadn't gotten hurt he would have had the same amountnt of yards as Boyd give me williams and the best offense in the NFL if we do any day over laffell. U talk about loIng teams make these kinds of contracts. There's a reason they cut lafell. Be he's wack. He's a 3 we need a 2 and Williams would give us 2 number 1s and the best offense in the NFL 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:31 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The reason peerman is paid more than burkhead and hill is bc they are still on thier rookie deals peerman is not. And u think it was a coincidence that special teams went from one of the worst to one of the best when peerman got back? He's a pro bowler for a reason, a captain for a reason.hea not a good rb but a elite st captain. As for lafell he's wack end of story most of his yards came because aj was out if aj hadn't gotten hurt he would have had the same amountnt of yards as Boyd give me williams and the best offense in the NFL if we do any day over laffell. U talk about loIng teams make these kinds of contracts. There's a reason they cut lafell. Be he's wack. He's a 3 we need a 2 and Williams would give us 2 number 1s and the best offense in the NFL 

No matter how much you rave about Peerman paid more than Hill or Burkhead, he is NOT better than them.  He is NOT....,.LaFell looked great and add Boyd and Core and insert AJ Green and Eifert and we are solid. ....I agree Williams is good. I doubt we get him. He also has that very bad neck injury that one good NFL hit could paralyze or kill him. Much like David Pollacks neck injury. ...I doubt we get him and more on the boards will be the Alabama Linebackers on top draft talent, and we could use either of them. .....As for special teams, you over rate Peerman. I think it is great someone makes the preseason cuts on special teams, but lets not pay them millions over it while we fail to resign top starters on offense and defense. ......Eric Bieniemy was great as special teams captain, but was a second rate player easily replaced by another batch of preseason players trying to make the team as special teams. ........Get rid of the million paid to Peerman and resign Burkhead.   Peerman is so over rated.  We could get a special team monster in the 7th round to fill that spot.  Let Peerman walk and resign Burkhead. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:31 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The reason peerman is paid more than burkhead and hill is bc they are still on thier rookie deals peerman is not. And u think it was a coincidence that special teams went from one of the worst to one of the best when peerman got back? He's a pro bowler for a reason, a captain for a reason.hea not a good rb but a elite st captain. As for lafell he's wack end of story most of his yards came because aj was out if aj hadn't gotten hurt he would have had the same amountnt of yards as Boyd give me williams and the best offense in the NFL if we do any day over laffell. U talk about loIng teams make these kinds of contracts. There's a reason they cut lafell. Be he's wack. He's a 3 we need a 2 and Williams would give us 2 number 1s and the best offense in the NFL 

Going to be hard to be the best offense in the NFL if you can't protect the QB and have no running game.
Reply/Quote
LT - Big Whit - Resign for 1-2 years and let him retire a Bengal
DT - Peko - Let walk. He's ineffective as a NT and we need to see and get Billings/Hardison as much pt as possible.
WR - B LaFell - He played very well, should receive a 1-2 year deal
CB - Dre - played well towards the end of last season and was pretty decent this year. Resign if the price is right or go after a better CB(I would also release Jones)
G - K Eitler - Absolute resign. Our best lineman and one of the best guards in the nfl
RT - E Winston - Possible 1 year deal
RB - Ced - Possible 1 year deal
DE - Margus Hunt - Training camp invite
DE - Wallace Gilberry - Let walk. He's old and ineffective.
DT - Brandon Thompson - Let walk. He's spent a lot of time injured without much to show for it.
CB - Chykie Brown - Let walk. He has never been good.
CB - B Boykin - Resign and give him and Russell a chance to compete. Our cb's could look like this, WJ3, Dennard, Shaw, Russell, Boykin, possible FA/draft pick.
K - R Bullock - Let walk. Sign Ross Martin or draft Karlson from Auburn
RB - Sexy Rexy - Absolute resign. He should have been getting more snaps for years now.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 11:54 AM)corpjet Wrote: UFA - Who Do You Want Back?

In order of 2016 cost....

LT - Big Whit - $9 Mill
DT - Peko - $4.5 Mill
WR - B LaFell - $2.5 Mill
CB - Dre - $2.15 Mill
G - K Eitler - $1.88 Mill
RT - E Winston - $1.09 Mill
RB - Ced - $1.06 Mill
DE - Margus Hunt - $917,000
DE - Wallace Gilberry - $885,000
DT - Brandon Thompson - $840,000
CB - Chykie Brown - $760,000
CB - B Boykin - $760,000
K - R Bullock - $760,000
RB - Sexy Rexy - $565,000

Whit
LaFell
Thompson
Dre
Burkhead

Zeitler if he wont break the bank.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:08 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Going to be hard to be the best offense in the NFL if you can't protect the QB and have no running game.

Andy dalton has always got the ball out quick bc he's always had a great number 2 Marvin jones or a number 3 that could play the 2 in sanu escpecially last year. 2.19 was the average last year this year it was 2.8 so half a second longer and without aj it went to about 3 seconds. So with Williams as the number 2 a big guy with the speed and the frame of a number 1 wr he can just throw it up to Williams just like he can to green and if ur doubling those 2 then eifert and Boyd will have middle of field much easier. His receivers will get more separation bc green won't be triple covered due to a deep ball threat on opposite side in Williams.
Reply/Quote
Whitworth
Peko
Dre K
Zeitler
Margus Hunt
Reply/Quote
I think we have to have atleast Whit, Kirkpatrick and Burkhead back.

With the way Og played this year, gotta bring back Whit and draft a mid round raw, athletic OT.

With Adam's arrest and the way Kirkpatrick played this year, he should come back.

With Gio's injury and Hill's poor play combined with Rex's good play i think this is a no brainer.

Also want Zeitler back but i have heard from Jim O it pry won't happen and with Westerman, Hopkins, TJ Johnson and
even Bodine who i think would not be bad as depth at G/C we might survive with a better O-line coach.

Want back Lafell as well, played very good this year considering.

Hunt maybe for cheap too.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to have a bunch of these guys back. Dre, Whit, and Zeitler have to be the top priorities though.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:46 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I voted DreK and Zeit.

The rest are expendable. Including Whit.

Bash me all you want but he is old and had quite a few plain boneheaded penalties this season. If he wants back up money for a back up role then I'd consider it.
And your alternative for LT?  Do you want Andy dead?  BTW, he was the third or fourth highest rated LT in the league.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 09:59 PM)Derrick Wrote: I think Whitt leaves for a chance at a SB. He knows the Bengals are not going to get there with this coaching staff and owner. I hate to see him go, but he deserves a shot. ThumbsUp

That goes against everything he has repeatedly said.  He has said over and over that he wants to stay.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 11:24 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I actually have a feeling they ALL will be back next year.

Well...we have the cap space so we should be able to retain the guys we want. In theory atleast.
Reply/Quote