Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFAs signed after 4PM EDT today won't count toward comp picks

We might start seeing the Bengals sign a few more FAs now after 4PM EDT today since it wouldn't count toward comp picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always thought it was June 1, but yes I agree a lot of free agents after the draft will trying to solidify a job. It will be interesting to see some of the big name guys available get signed.

There are a lot of very good free agents still available. For me, I like Tretter the center who Cleveland cut which would allow us to move Karras to guard. Of course, he was cut, so he could have been signed already, but he may have wanted to wait to see his market after the draft or he may be recovering from injuries he sustained in 2021;

Williams
Karrass
Tretter
Cappa
Collins

Back ups Carmen, Smith and a bunch of guys who are very young

I would love that starting OL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 10:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always thought it was June 1, but yes I agree a lot of free agents after the draft will trying to solidify a job. It will be interesting to see some of the big name guys available get signed.

There are a lot of very good free agents still available. For me, I like Tretter the center who Cleveland cut which would allow us to move Karras to guard. Of course, he was cut, so he could have been signed already, but he may have wanted to wait to see his market after the draft or he may be recovering from injuries he sustained in 2021;

Williams
Karrass
Tretter
Cappa
Collins

Back ups Carmen, Smith and a bunch of guys who are very young

I would love that starting OL

I agree adding Tretter and shifting Karras over to LG would be nice.
If the Bengals wanted to keep Karras at C though, I think Ereck Flowers would be a great addition.
He's shown he's much better at OG than OT, but he can play OT in an emergency.
Flowers is also only 28 years old, and he's a "glass eater" that Pollack wants.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree adding Tretter and shifting Karras over to LG would be nice.
If the Bengals wanted to keep Karras at C though, I think Ereck Flowers would be a great addition.

I like that option as well. Maybe the Bengals stand pat, but I am not so sure. The great news is there are options still that could make the OL better and options at other positions as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I would love to sign Tretter too but I understand why the Bengals management might be skeptical. Although Tretter never missed a game because of an injury for Cleveland, he never practices because of knee issues.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:38 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would love to sign Tretter too but I understand why the Bengals management might be skeptical. Although Tretter never missed a game because of an injury for Cleveland, he never practices because of knee issues.

I don’t think the bengals do anything else on the OL. Just my opinion, but I think adding three (3) starters is about all we can expect. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have moved on from OL as a weakness. There are options at LG on the team.

All that said, I’d be all for one mor signing, and a guy like tretter tops the list.
Reply/Quote
Did we even have any comp picks to worry about? We did really well for being in the super bowl and not losing a bunch of free agents

Cappa negated Uzi and Karras negated Darius Philips and Hurst negated Tate
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree adding Tretter and shifting Karras over to LG would be nice.

Couldn’t we say every OL is a glass eater? I think that term is getting thrown around too much. I’ve never met a collegiate OL that wasn’t a bad dude.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:38 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would love to sign Tretter too but I understand why the Bengals management might be skeptical.  Although Tretter never missed a game because of an injury for Cleveland, he never practices because of knee issues.

Tretter is the NFLPA president and actively pushes for players to skip OTA's. That's why nobody wants him.  Some team will probably ink him to a one year deal after TC is over.  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Couldn’t we say every OL is a glass eater? I think that term is getting thrown around too much. I’ve never met a collegiate OL that wasn’t a bad dude.

I was hanging out with Ogbuehi and Bobby Hart the other day at a soft batch cookie convention and they said they don’t like eating glass.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Couldn’t we say every OL is a glass eater? I think that term is getting thrown around too much.  I’ve never met a collegiate OL that wasn’t a bad dude.

Cedric Ogbuehi was not a glass eater.
Hakeem Adeniji is not a glass eater.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Did we even have any comp picks to worry about? We did really well for being in the super bowl and not losing a bunch of free agents

OMG OMG..Darius coulda brought a 2nd round comp pick!  Hilarious OK..not really..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Did we even have any comp picks to worry about? We did really well for being in the super bowl and not losing a bunch of free agents

Lost (not cut):
- Uzomah
- Phillips
- Tate
- Fred Johnson? (Not sure how it works for RFAs who get tendered but then their tender is rescinded)

Added who wasn't cut:
- Cappa
- Karras
- Hurst
- Eubanks? (Not sure if he was cut or not)

So it looks like the Bengals may have come out breaking even, +1, or -1 depending on how Johnson and Eubanks factor in.

If Ogunjobi had actually been signed by CHI, Bengals would have been in the running for a comp pick for sure.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Eubanks? The host of the Newlywed game? We got him? WOOHOO! 
"Couple number one...."  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Pretty sure the Tretter ship has sailed. He was a big contributor to the locker room turmoil in Cleveland and I think Tobin & Taylor have made it pretty clear they don't want those kind of guys on the team.
Reply/Quote