Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNDEFEATED TEAMS IN PRESEASON
This posted before meaningless preseason game 4. I will list them in order of teams that have been regular season powers

The Denver Broncos ...beat Bears, 49ers, Packers...GREAT DEFENSE. No more Peyton Manning but remember this team went deep in play-offs with Tim Tebow. If their quarterback gets better, watch out for Broncos.

The Seattle Seahawks....beat Chargers, Vikings, Chiefs.....GREAT DEFENSE and if Russell Wilson is healthy after injured all 2016, watch out for Seahawks.

I'll point out here both teams have HUGE home field advantage. Other teams have to adjust to different air in the high Rocky Mountains, they don't. ...Much jet lag on long flight to Seattle, a flight most teams hate. ....Both stadiums every game of every year have fans so loud the stadium shakes the TV cameras. Their 12th man fans have helped win many a game with crowd NOISE.

The Baltimore Ravens....beat Redskins, Dolphins, Bills.....GREAT DEFENSE and still have Super Bowl Ring Flacco. Something to be said for long time quarterbacks of Super Bowl Ring.....A constant power in the AFC North and often go far in play-offs, even if on road as wild card team...A city of great NFL Fans back to Baltimore Colts. The Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore and the Cots Fans of decades are LOUD and a hard place to play the Browns who were renamed Ravens. They of, " WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE " before games. In Colts days Baltimore Fans did NOT want 50 yard line lower stadium. They wanted the end zone corners where their crowd noise could greatly effect the game. Colts and Ravens in Baltimore of many NFL Championships, before and after named Super Bowl.

The Cleveland Browns.....beat Saints, Giants, Buccaneers.....OK, replacing the Browns turned Ravens, these Browns have been awful and nothing like the old Browns. Last place door mats....COULD things be changing under this somewhat new owner, GM, front office and head coach Hue Jackson. .....Time will tell....Cleveland Fans go way back in the NFL to the Rams in NFL. The DOG POUND is one tough group of fans waiting for revenge. Fans went to court to keep team name and uniforms out of Baltimore and in Cleveland for another team. The NFL parity or profit sharing and draft system and salary cap is designed for bad teams to rise to the top for their fans so someday the Browns will be back on top. For THE DOG POUND, every dog has it's day......Could be the Browns will not be easy win push overs in 2016. They are developing defense, offensive line, have a solid running back and maybe they have a quarterback that no longer stinks. Hue Jackson's team may SURPRISE the AFC NORTH with a MUCH better team.

Not that you can go on preseason....but it shows these 4 teams have depth that beats other teams depth and the starters have did well when on the field. All 4 teams seem to be having good training camps and motivated. That isn't a bad thing. I don't know about the Browns, but it would be no surprise to see DENVER, SEATTLE or BALTIMORE locked and loaded for great seasons.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Means nothing.....

the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason that year.
Reply/Quote
Browns could go 4-0 this preseason and 0-16 during the regular season. However, I think they win a few games with Kizer at the helm. Maybe 2-14.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Means nothing.....

the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason that year.

Might mean nuttin' to da' Lions or da' Browns.....but Denver, Seattle and Baltimore are constant powers and if they are healthy, deep and going through training camp totally motivated, watch out.  So I hope people don't think Bengals have an easy home opener. Baltimore looks more than ready to kick off and get at it......course I hopes Bengals Wins. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I really like what the Browns have done lately. I would take their young D line over ours right now even with Adkins and Dunlap. Not saying those two are bad, it's just the Browns D line has some great young players. It's a shame with Garrett but that team is building for 2018-19. If they get a QB look out. Never thought I would say this but the Browns are going to be a force to deal with in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
You're not luring me into this unless you serve beer!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote