Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
UPDATE your knowledge base
Shannon Sharpe's goofy azz on Undisputed talking about the history of the Bengals being cheap, and they won't pay Burrow! WTF...update your knowledge base, the Bengals spend money in free agency and have been doing so for a while. They also sign their guys and stay loyal to their contracts!

Guys, the "experts" have these old talking points and it's just crazy.

I'm a black man, and I can say this, as much as we ask for a fair and constant review of our character and to not be marginalized by our past, it's amazing how the black analyst will not budge off their old 1990s viewpoints.

Keyshawn Johnson, another moron, was just not impressed by Burrow beating the Chiefs for the 3rd time. He said the throws was just meh...the victory was downplayed, and he just seem to smirk and smile out of disgust when the other guys brought up great things the Bengals did to win...what's the deal with the black experts?

Mods please don't delete, I, as a black guy, find this SO ANNOYING and I have PLENTY of examples of the "brothas" being so jealous of Burrow!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Is KJ stupid? Burrow just FLICKS it out there on the long throws. And accurate as well.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I believe Mike Brown gave Palmer a record setting contract if I remember right.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the "they won't pay Burrow" take is stupid. He's the reason they are selling merchandise and tickets, and you have to spend a certain amount of money very close to the cap. There's really not much of a chance to be cheap as far as player salaries go.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I believe Mike Brown gave Palmer a record setting contract if I remember right.

It's just annoying watching these dumb mfs parade around on tv with this 30 year old talking points!
Reply/Quote
That's what happens the national media doesn't pay attention to the Bengals until we force them to. They rather spend the time making excuses so they can talk about the other team.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I don't think it has much to do with their race. They're shock jockeys and they come in all races. You got your Skip Baylesses (who is Shannon Sharpe's co-host and I think they try to one up each other as much as possible), your Keyshawn Johnsons, your Bart Scotts, your Nick Wrights, your Mike Florios and your Colin Cowherds. I'm sure there are many more.

They just want your clicks and to be talked about, so they say as much stupid stuff as they can as fast as they can.
Reply/Quote
They have traditionally paid their franchise Quarterbacks. Now drafted CB's and OLinemen they might would be right. They're also pretty good about paying their skill position players in general on offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:23 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Shannon Sharpe's goofy azz on Undisputed talking about the history of the Bengals being cheap, and they won't pay Burrow! WTF...update your knowledge base, the Bengals spend money in free agency and have been doing so for a while. They also sign their guys and stay loyal to their contracts!

Guys, the "experts" have these old talking points and it's just crazy.

I'm a black man, and I can say this, as much as we ask for a fair and constant review of our character and to not be marginalized by our past, it's amazing how the black analyst will not budge off their old 1990s viewpoints.

Keyshawn Johnson, another moron, was just not impressed by Burrow beating the Chiefs for the 3rd time. He said the throws was just meh...the victory was downplayed, and he just seem to smirk and smile out of disgust when the other guys brought up great things the Bengals did to win...what's the deal with the black experts?

Mods please don't delete, I, as a black guy, find this SO ANNOYING and I have PLENTY of examples of the "brothas" being so jealous of Burrow!

Also, I made these shirts, see attachment, you all may see me downtown selling these lol

Shannon Sharpe should know that two positions the Bengals have always been willing to spend $$ on - QB and WR1.
Out of all the players on the team, I'm most confident Burrow and Chase will get long-term contracts and stay Bengals.
The guaranteed money might be about the only thing I think could cause either of them to turn away, but I do think the Bengals ownership would (try to) accommodate the guaranteed money for them specifically.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I thought one of the reasons the Bengals sold the naming rights to the stadium was to prepare for Burrow's upcoming huge contract.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:54 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: They have traditionally paid their franchise Quarterbacks. Now drafted CB's and OLinemen they might would be right. They're also pretty good about paying their skill position players in general on offense.

TE and any WRs other than WR1 have been pretty middle-of-the-pack when it comes to contract $$ from the Bengals.
Personally, I'm worried about Higgins departing because I think he'll get (and deserves) WR1-caliber money and opportunity. I don't think he'll get that in Cincy.
I also don't think Boyd will get a good 3rd contract from the Bengals and will go elsewhere.
I'd have a hard time seeing Hurst get $10+ mill APY, at least from the Bengals. And that's what the top 13 TEs-by-position are getting right now.

With all that said, I was surprised Mixon got such a good contract, which was higher than I thought he'd get offered by the Bengals.
I thought the Bengals would have hardlined $10 mill APY for him.
So maybe the Bengals will surprise me and pay the TE and WR2-3 spots higher than what I think.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have never liked Keyshawn and if he was not impressed by Burrow vs the Chiefs then he is a moron in denial.
I have been critical of Burrow before and don’t “fan boy” on him but yesterday was a “wow” game. Accurate passes all over the field and you can just see/feel the confidence he gives his teammates. Dare I say he reminds me of Joe Montana - not the strongest arm or the biggest guy but a very accurate passer and a winner with tons of confidence that you can’t fake.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think it has much to do with their race. They're shock jockeys and they come in all races. You got your Skip Baylesses (who is Shannon Sharpe's co-host and I think they try to one up each other as much as possible), your Keyshawn Johnsons, your Bart Scotts, your Nick Wrights, your Mike Florios and your Colin Cowherds. I'm sure there are many more.

They just want your clicks and to be talked about, so they say as much stupid stuff as they can as fast as they can.

I only see my black counterparts not budging off of old talking points! Ofcourse they're all shock jocks, but atleast the other guys are not set on their way of thinking.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Shannon Sharpe should know that two positions the Bengals have always been willing to spend $$ on - QB and WR1.
Out of all the players on the team, I'm most confident Burrow and Chase will get long-term contracts and stay Bengals.
The guaranteed money might be about the only thing I think could cause either of them to turn away, but I do think the Bengals ownership would (try to) accommodate the guaranteed money for them specifically.

If Shannon was paying attention, as he should, as a "journalist" he would know this! I like ole Sha' Sharpe...but it was annoying to watch him grin and cheese while saying we are cheap and can't sign Burrow! 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 05:31 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: If Shannon was paying attention, as he should, as a "journalist" he would know this! I like ole Sha' Sharpe...but it was annoying to watch him grin and cheese while saying we are cheap and can't sign Burrow! 

I will say that Undisputed is meant to be a show arguing different stances, even if someone's stance might be definitely wrong or in the vast minority.
So it's possible Sharpe knew that, but he was just using an old narrative for the sake of having an argument due to the nature of the show.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Burrow will be extended this off-season. The contract is probably already written up.

Keyshawn is a racist d bag. His takes are lazy as hell.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I thought one of the reasons the Bengals sold the naming rights to the stadium was to prepare for Burrow's upcoming huge contract.

I think it's nuts that you have to bank the guaranteed money.  Each team has the money to pay the salary cap every year, and it's not like you can over commit.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 05:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burrow will be extended this off-season. The contract is probably already written up.

Keyshawn is a racist d bag. His takes are lazy as hell.

Just for my own clarification, when you extend someone you are not throwing out the old contract right?  Burrow still finishes his first contract.

Reply/Quote
Don't pay these types any attention. All about getting views and being talked about. I prefer NFL Network for many reasons, including that.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote