Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S./Saudi Arabia Relations
We are in a hopeless situation when our two best "buddies" in the region are Saudi Arabia and Israel.

And it is costing us millions of dollars every single day.
(12-10-2015, 12:26 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Oil seems like an unlikely reason directly for the US...Only 12.5% of oil imports to the US comes form the Persian Gulf.  8.1% for Saudi Arabia.

To me it has always felt like it is our Allies dependency on Persian oil that we are protecting.

But isn't the oil from the Persian Gulf "light sweet" grade which makes it much more valuable?
(12-15-2015, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But isn't the oil from the Persian Gulf "light sweet" grade which makes it much more valuable?

Really not sure how that relates to the post you quoted.  Extrapolate a little more so I can understand what you are getting at.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(12-15-2015, 04:50 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Really not sure how that relates to the post you quoted.  Extrapolate a little more so I can understand what you are getting at.

It may be only 12.5% of the "volume" we import, but the value in dollars could be much more.