Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Military Plans Bombing Strikes On North Korea
I'm just glad that we have a leader with some balls that is putting America's foot down and standing up to North Korea,

Trump has six B1 bombers set-up in Guam and ready to bomb missile sites in North Korea.

Kim Jong Un has been testing testing missiles and reportedly may be able to arm them with nukes within a year.

I'm all for diplomatic relations and trying to solve things peacefully, but Kim Jong Un is a psycho and has made it very clear that he has no intentions of following any sort of calls for international piece or unity and he doesn't give a shit about international laws.

Quote:The American military is ready with a plan to strike North Korean missile sites in a preemptive attack if Donald Trump decides to do so.

The plan involves flying a B-1B heavy bomber from Andersen Air Force Base in Guam accompanied by satellites, drones, higher jets, and aerial refuelling warplanes. Training for the mission has been ongoing, and there have been 11 practice runs for a similar mission since May when the training was accelerated.

That means that we have it all planned and organized, so we're ready to go if need-be and it wouldn't be just some sloppy act out of emotion.

It says that there is other military options to consider, which the only one I can think of would be to put troops on the ground, which I highly doubt we do, and this would be risking a lot less lives:

Quote:“Of the military options … [President Trump] could consider, this would be one of the two or three that would at least have the possibility of not escalating the situation,” retired Admiral James Stavridis, the former Supreme Allied Commander Europe, told NBC.

At least he is considering all options, though.

Quote:There are six B-1B bombers positioned in Guam, about 2,100 miles by air to North Korea. The bombers have been heavily used in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and have been updated since then.

The news of the potential operations comes as the relationship between the US and North Korea has become very strained. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Mr Trump have engaged in a heated back and forth of threats. Recently, Mr Trump promised “fire and fury” if Mr Kim didn’t stop threatening the United States. In response, Mr Kim’s government signaled they were considering an attack on Guam if Mr Trump didn’t cool his tough talk.

I love that because I feel like Obama made us lose a lot of respect as a country and he apologized for America's arrogance, whereas Trump is saying "you want to try to strong-arm us? We'll show you why we're the greatest nation on the planet."

He's also strategically only targeting locations that could be a threat to us:

Quote:Should Mr Trump choose the attack plan that includes the B-1B bomber, they would be targeting approximately two dozen North Korean missile-launch sites, test grounds and other facilities, sources told NBC.

Once again, I love it because we're not just sitting back and waiting for them to attack us or other people and we're saying "knock that shit off."

There's a bit more in the link, but that pretty much sums it up.
If we strike NK, there will be an immediate loss of life in Seoul and potentially Tokyo in response. They are too close for us to do anything about it and we would be unable to stop it.

Guaranteed, this plan has been on a shelf for years because our military likes contingencies. There is a reason it has not been used, and the aftermath is why.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-10-2017, 11:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If we strike NK, there will be an immediate loss of life in Seoul and potentially Tokyo in response. They are too close for us to do anything about it and we would be unable to stop it.

Guaranteed, this plan has been on a shelf for years because our military likes contingencies. There is a reason it has not been used, and the aftermath is why.

If we destroy their missile sites, there's nothing they can do there, and we could send planes to help defensd Seoul and Tokyo because North Korea only had about a thousand planes, Japan has almost 800, and the US has 5,000.

Let them try and act like a tough guy.  The time for letting them act all big and bad is now and it's time to stop them before they get out-of-control.
(08-10-2017, 11:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If we destroy their missile sites, there's nothing they can do there, and we could send planes to help defensd Seoul and Tokyo because North Korea only had about a thousand planes, Japan has almost 800, and the US has 5,000.

Let them try and act like a tough guy.  The time for letting them act all big and bad is now and it's time to stop them before they get out-of-control.

They don't need missile sites to shell Seoul and its 10 million inhabitants with conventional artillery. 

Sure, it ain't fancy. But it's easy to act all tough when it's not American lives that will be lost. 

Like Matt said, we haven't used force against North Korea because any preemptive strike (discounting cyberwarfare) on them is probably the stupidest option we have. Everyone and their mother knows that the US could turn North Korea into the world's biggest parking lot if we wanted to. 

I guess it just took a leader with "some balls" to lower ourselves to North Korea's level with all the sabre rattling. 
Every time I hear talk of U.S. might and power Vietnam comes to mind.

Where was our might and power then?
Trump needs to first have the support of South Korea and coordinate with them. Then the same with Japan, though Japan has less to worry about than SK being that Seoul is in direct artillery range.

Any action taken by us without South Korea's consent and readiness for a possible counter-strike is a terrible strategic plan.

All in all though, I say go for it with SK consent. We could have Buddha Dali Jesus as a chief negotiator, and they would still go on building nukes.

Now that said, this kind of sounds like a bait tactic to get NK to do something as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Trumps balls are as big as the bone spurs that helped him dodge the draft.

Hopefully we get in and out quick like Iraq and Afghanland.

I love war and death too Brad. Probably because of my religious beliefs. Church of satan is the best.
Brad, the difference between Trump and Kim is Trump bombed Syria in violation of international law. Who has Kim bombed?
Inserted to make this thread less depressing:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-11-2017, 12:25 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Brad, the difference between Trump and Kim is Trump bombed Syria in violation of international law. Who has Kim bombed?

Bombed? Not much.

The North Koreans usually prefer shelling and sniping, in addition to the occasional axe attack:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_border_incidents_involving_North_Korea
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(08-11-2017, 12:42 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Bombed? Not much.

The North Koreans usually prefer shelling and sniping, in addition to the occasional axe attack:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_border_incidents_involving_North_Korea

Roughly how many KIA? Is that more or less than the KIA in Iraq over nonexistent WMD programs?
(08-11-2017, 12:25 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Brad, the difference between Trump and Kim is Trump bombed Syria in violation of international law. Who has Kim bombed?

You've really chosen "Kim isn't as bad as Trump" as the hill you want to die on?

Just as a reminder, this guy had his uncle and his whole family (sister, brothers, children, grandchildren) executed with some of them literally being publically shot in the head in the streets, and had his half-brother assassinated by poison. That's how he treats his FAMILY. How do you think he treats anyone in his country who ever dissents with his opinion or heck, even just happens to be around when he's having a bad day?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-11-2017, 01:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You've really chosen "Kim isn't as bad as Trump" as the hill you want to die on?

Just as a reminder, this guy had his uncle and his whole family (sister, brothers, children, grandchildren) executed with some of them literally being publically shot in the head in the streets, and had his half-brother assassinated by poison. That's how he treats his FAMILY. How do you think he treats anyone in his country who ever dissents with his opinion or heck, even just happens to be around when he's having a bad day?

I didn't claim Trump isn't as bad as Kim. I responded to Brad's claim Kim won't follow international law. Well, neither will Trump.

Trump knows how to declare bankruptcy and threaten to sue people and that's about it.

Diplomacy? He threatened North Korea with fire and fury the world has never seen which sounds an awful lot like the mother of all wars. Trump done went full Saddam. And everybody knows you never go full Saddam.

[Image: a-few-facts-you-never-knew-about-tropic-...info&w=600]

Everybody.
(08-11-2017, 12:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trumps balls are as big as the bone spurs that helped him dodge the draft.

I love war and death too Brad. Probably because of my religious beliefs. Church of satan is the best.
Rolleyes

I don't love war and death, but I do love putting our foot up people's asses when they threaten our safety and the safety of others.

I love taking a stand and not just waiting for something bad to happen.  

Really?  Trump attacked a base that had launched a chemical weapons attack on civilians, and you're criticizing it?

Even liberals said he did the right thing.
(08-11-2017, 12:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trumps balls are as big as the bone spurs that helped him dodge the draft.

Why do you say that? Is it because of the five deferments he got?
Fire and Fury. "The likes of which the world has never seen". Another one of Trump's catch phrases he used a half dozen times during his campaign. Trump needs to keep his mouth shut and let the experts handle NK.
(08-10-2017, 11:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If we destroy their missile sites, there's nothing they can do there, and we could send planes to help defensd Seoul and Tokyo because North Korea only had about a thousand planes, Japan has almost 800, and the US has 5,000.

We don't have a lot of intel on North Korea I doubt we know where all of their military assets are.

If North Korea had even close to the military capabilities that the US has South Korea wouldn't exist.

They have mobile missile launch platforms, they have missiles that can be launched from submarines. Just because we don't think they are nuclear capable doesn't mean they can't cause destruction as conventional missiles. We would not be able to destroy all of their capability in time. Plus, do you not think that the second an American aircraft enters their air space they are going to start arming those systems? If they detect us coming then the bombers will be targeting sites that have already released their weaponry.

(08-11-2017, 08:48 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: We don't have a lot of intel on North Korea I doubt we know where all of their military assets are.

Pretty much this, as well. We know some things, but the intel there is spotty. We know more than the public thinks we know, but it still isn't much.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-11-2017, 08:58 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: If North Korea had even close to the military capabilities that the US has South Korea wouldn't exist.

North Korea has the military capability to destroy South Korea now.