Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US does have 'Obama judges': Trump responds to Supreme Court Justice John Roberts'
(11-26-2018, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, you poor baby.

LOL, wut?

Quote:Ok...you just believe that Kavanaugh talking about Clinton supporter revenge over the election and leftists attacks was just a "response".

Hmm, person responds to partisan attacks against them by accusing the attackers of being partisan.  Hmmmmm.

Quote:Still doesn't change that Trump is wrong and that your little foray off into whether Kavanaugh is a Trump guy or not is wrong.   Smirk

No one said Trump wasn't wrong, quit deflecting in your desperation.  You're clearly a hypocrite and you're clearly comfortable being one.  Just wanted to point that out.  You can return to Orange Man Bad now.
(11-26-2018, 12:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: LOL, wut?

Hmm, person responds to partisan attacks against them by accusing the attackers of being partisan.  Hmmmmm.

No one said Trump wasn't wrong, quit deflecting in your desperation.  You're clearly a hypocrite and you're clearly comfortable being one.  Just wanted to point that out.  You can return to Orange Man Bad now.

"Clearly".

lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-26-2018, 11:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump is wrong with his attacks, I don't think anyone here disagrees with this. I do find it interesting that many decrying his statements have also commented on how Kavanaugh is in Trump's pocket and was appointed to prevent Trump from ever being indicted. So, is Kavanaugh no longer a "Trump judge?"

The majority of jurists put on benches by Trump are not Trump judges, but they are Federalist Society judges. They were chosen by that organization with the intent of politicizing the judiciary in their favor. This is an effort they started decades ago and they started a tit-for-tat war in which the judiciary is used as a political football between the two parties and resulting in their progressive counterpart the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy. Judges and justices are only attached to a president in as much as they were appointed by them, they are more accurately labeled with their affiliation to these organizations or other things that define their judicial theory.

Kavanaugh is a different animal. He is a FS jurist, but he wasn't on their list. He was chosen specifically because of his views on executive power being greater than how many jurists feel. Does that make him a Trump justice? I don't know, honestly. That will remain to be seen as he takes his place on the bench and we see his opinions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-26-2018, 12:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The majority of jurists put on benches by Trump are not Trump judges, but they are Federalist Society judges. They were chosen by that organization with the intent of politicizing the judiciary in their favor. This is an effort they started decades ago and they started a tit-for-tat war in which the judiciary is used as a political football between the two parties and resulting in their progressive counterpart the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy. Judges and justices are only attached to a president in as much as they were appointed by them, they are more accurately labeled with their affiliation to these organizations or other things that define their judicial theory.

This

(11-26-2018, 12:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Kavanaugh is a different animal. He is a FS jurist, but he wasn't on their list. He was chosen specifically because of his views on executive power being greater than how many jurists feel. Does that make him a Trump justice? I don't know, honestly. That will remain to be seen as he takes his place on the bench and we see his opinions.

And this.

One can be sure Kavanaugh will be a conservative judge, but now that he is on the bench and Trump can't recall him, there is a chance that he won't want his legacy to be "Trump Stooge."  He could pull a Sessions; turn independent (disloyal in Trump's view).   Kind of like the Steelers going into a trap game. Don't want to make any loud bets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-26-2018, 12:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The majority of jurists put on benches by Trump are not Trump judges, but they are Federalist Society judges. They were chosen by that organization with the intent of politicizing the judiciary in their favor. This is an effort they started decades ago and they started a tit-for-tat war in which the judiciary is used as a political football between the two parties and resulting in their progressive counterpart the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy. Judges and justices are only attached to a president in as much as they were appointed by them, they are more accurately labeled with their affiliation to these organizations or other things that define their judicial theory.

I haven't researched this, but iirc Kavanaugh absolutely was on the list.

Quote:Kavanaugh is a different animal. He is a FS jurist, but he wasn't on their list. He was chosen specifically because of his views on executive power being greater than how many jurists feel. Does that make him a Trump justice? I don't know, honestly. That will remain to be seen as he takes his place on the bench and we see his opinions.

I really don't like speculation being stated as fact.  You have zero proof that this is why he was chosen, you have assumptions and inferences only.  Neither should be stated as definitive proof of anything.  As for wait and see, I agree.
(11-27-2018, 12:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I haven't researched this, but iirc Kavanaugh absolutely was on the list.

He wasn't on the list the FS gave to the WH for SCOTUS appointments, then the WH had it added.

(11-27-2018, 12:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I really don't like speculation being stated as fact.  You have zero proof that this is why he was chosen, you have assumptions and inferences only.  Neither should be stated as definitive proof of anything.  As for wait and see, I agree.

Kavanaugh was not on the list from the FS and Senate Republicans. He wasn't ideal from the FS viewpoint, not sure why. From the Senate Republicans viewpoint he was politically difficult because of baggage. So why was he added to the list by the White House? You're right, it is speculation, but Kavanaugh's position on executive power is the variable that makes him different from those on the FS list and would make him worth the political fallout from the hearings int he eyes of the White House.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR