Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US internment camps for children
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-considers-holding-undocumented-immigrant-children-at-military-bases-2018-05-15

#MAGA
People suck
(05-16-2018, 02:35 PM)Griever Wrote: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-considers-holding-undocumented-immigrant-children-at-military-bases-2018-05-15

#MAGA

They can come to your house, you can set up tents for them.

Or no, we can just let them in and they can live on the street, under bridges and in abandoned buildings...send them to Detroit!
(05-16-2018, 02:35 PM)Griever Wrote: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-considers-holding-undocumented-immigrant-children-at-military-bases-2018-05-15

#MAGA

Maybe that'll make 'em think twice, before trying to sneak in the back door?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-16-2018, 03:09 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: They can come to your house, you can set up tents for them.

Or no, we can just let them in and they can live on the street, under bridges and in abandoned buildings...send them to Detroit!

Why not just send them back to Mexico with their parents?
(05-16-2018, 03:09 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: They can come to your house, you can set up tents for them.

I'll take a couple if the Christians won't.
(05-16-2018, 09:35 PM)Dill Wrote: I'll take a couple if the Christians won't.

Would you, honestly?  Or are you just saying that to make a show?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-16-2018, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why not just send them back to Mexico with their parents?

Exactly
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-16-2018, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why not just send them back to Mexico with their parents?

Because if the parents were capable of providing a suitable life for them, they would have already been doing so, in Mexico.  But now they're criminals in US custody.  If we send the kids back to Mexico, surely the Mexican government will provide well for them.  It's not like they'll get sold off into slavery or sex trafficking or anything..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-16-2018, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would you, honestly?  Or are you just saying that to make a show?

Of course "honestly."  We have taken in refugees before.
(05-16-2018, 10:43 PM)Dill Wrote: Of course "honestly."  We have taken in refugees before.

Oh?  Fantastic!  So, how many American homeless have you taken off the street, and nurtured back into society?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-16-2018, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh?  Fantastic!  So, how many American homeless have you taken off the street, and nurtured back into society?

Whoa!  looks like the goalposts are moving pretty quickly.  How do you define "nurtured back into society"? 
Any other criteria besides citizenship you want to introduce before I answer? Do they have to be homeless?
The original question was about refugees.

Almost forgot . . . how far back do I get to go?

#MAGA

Officials have long considered separating parents and children caught at the border in part as a deterrent for other would-be border crossers.

Wouldn't waterboarding be more effective? Word would spread pretty quickly.
(05-16-2018, 11:01 PM)Dill Wrote: Whoa!  looks like the goalposts are moving pretty quickly.  How do you define "nurtured back into society"? 
Any other criteria besides citizenship you want to introduce before I answer? Do they have to be homeless?
The original question was about refugees.

My apologies.  I just thought with your generous outpouring of hospitality toward people needing a helping hand, you might have also taken notice of the massive homeless population already living here and reached out to them, as well.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I support sending them all back.

As for the 85% of the people coming to the border claiming fear...... we need to put them all in camp where we have judges working in shifts to see their case and find out who is faking the fear. Less than 20% get judged to having a credible fear. We need to turn and burn these people.

Also we should only be accepting the Mexican people with fear. Mexico should have to absorb the rest of the Central Americans. Nearest safe country should apply. Canada could split the fear people with us. To Lessen the hit we take.

We should also work to make the “fear” claim harder to attain.
(05-16-2018, 11:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My apologies.  I just thought with your generous outpouring of hospitality toward people needing a helping hand, you might have also taken notice of the massive homeless population already living here and reached out to them, as well.

You are assuming a lot here, and to what end? 

Helping refugees is a good thing, isn't it? But maybe not if I don't assume responsibility for a "massive homeless population"? 

Still you might be right that I have "reached out."   What have you done in that respect.? Perhaps we have something in common.
(05-16-2018, 11:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   We need to turn and burn these people.  

Hard to get the job done with all these liberal laws based on universal human rights.

Roll some of that back and we can "burn'em" all we want.  Children too.

These animals would be seeking asylum in Mexico then.

[Image: 08d76406925c3c992a12c424692dedd0_3764597_0_big.jpg]
(05-16-2018, 11:57 PM)Dill Wrote: You are assuming a lot here, and to what end? 

Helping refugees is a good thing, isn't it? But maybe not if I don't assume responsibility for a "massive homeless population"? 

Still you might be right that I have "reached out."   What have you done in that respect.? Perhaps we have something in common.

Sometimes, when I see men with a "Will work for food" sign, standing at an intersection, I'll offer them some work.  I don't do it as often as I used to, as I'm no longer self employed.  Out of several dozen attempts to offer work, I've only had 1 taker.  It was a win-win, we needed an extra hand that day and he seemed genuinely grateful for a day's pay and free lunch. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Yeah I'm missing that part too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-16-2018, 11:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I support sending them all back.  

As for the 85% of the people coming to the border claiming fear......  we need to put them all in camp where we have judges working in shifts to see their case and find out who is faking the fear.  Less than 20% get judged to having a credible fear.   We need to turn and burn these people.  

Also we should only be accepting the Mexican people with fear.  Mexico should have to absorb the rest of the Central Americans.  Nearest safe country should apply.  Canada could split the fear people with us.  To Lessen the hit we take.  

Man...I swear I heard this idea tried before.  Can't remember where or when.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-17-2018, 12:09 AM)Dill Wrote: Hard to get the job done with all these liberal laws based on universal human rights.

Roll some of that back and we can "burn'em" all we want.  Children too.

These animals would be seeking asylum in Mexico then.

[Image: 08d76406925c3c992a12c424692dedd0_3764597_0_big.jpg]

(05-17-2018, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Man...I swear I heard this idea tried before.  Can't remember where or when.  Mellow

Yeah because I said to actually burn children....... get real.

Yes let them seek asylum in Mexico. Better than here. Everything I have a suggested fits in with all human rights laws and standards. You seem to think I want a complete block.