Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US internment camps for children
I need to know more details before I comment. If the parents are detained then you need to send the kids somewhere. If it looks like a foster home and acts like that, I think that's the best option. If it's a prison camp like setting, I'm going to disagree.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!
(05-17-2018, 11:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I need to know more details before I comment. If the parents are detained then you need to send the kids somewhere. If it looks like a foster home and acts like that, I think that's the best option. If it's a prison camp like setting, I'm going to disagree.

Probably a lot of portables.

And isn’t a prison camp somewhere they are working prisoners. Not quite the same as a bunch of portables where children sleep and play.
(05-16-2018, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because if the parents were capable of providing a suitable life for them, they would have already been doing so, in Mexico.  But now they're criminals in US custody.  If we send the kids back to Mexico, surely the Mexican government will provide well for them.  It's not like they'll get sold off into slavery or sex trafficking or anything..

You missed my point.

Instead of putting people in jail for illegal border crossings at a huge cost to American taxpayers why not just send them back to Mexico?

Lots of people are able to "survive" in Mexico.  It is an absolute lie to claim that every person crossing the border was unable to survive in Mexico.  In fact from what I have seen Mexican immigrants work harder than most Americans.

How can they all be too lazy to work and still take so many jobs away from Americans.  Your Xenophobia has overtaken you ability to think logically.
(05-18-2018, 05:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You missed my point.

Instead of putting people in jail for illegal border crossings at a huge cost to American taxpayers why not just send them back to Mexico?

Lots of people are able to "survive" in Mexico.  It is an absolute lie to claim that every person crossing the border was unable to survive in Mexico.  In fact from what I have seen Mexican immigrants work harder than most Americans.

How can they all be too lazy to work and still take so many jobs away from Americans.  Your Xenophobia has overtaken you ability to think logically.

Well, I didn't say "survive", I think I said provide a suitable living.  Once again, stop putting words into people's mouths.

You missed your own best possible point by not mentioning that the drug cartels are making life impossible for most non-criminal types to have any peace of mind, and live any productive life with any feelings of security.  The cartels are killing anyone that stands in their way (pretty much anyone that isn't one of them or a customer of theirs) including politicians that represent any sort of opposition to them.

I can clearly see why the good, hard working citizens of Mexico would want to seek refuge in the US.  However, a significant portion of those refugees are cartel gang members posing as refugees.  That is likely why I support vetting and internment.  (No, I really don't like to see families separated)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-18-2018, 05:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I didn't say "survive", I think I said provide a suitable living.  Once again, stop putting words into people's mouths.

You missed your own best possible point by not mentioning that the drug cartels are making life impossible for most non-criminal types to have any peace of mind, and live any productive life with any feelings of security.  The cartels are killing anyone that stands in their way (pretty much anyone that isn't one of them or a customer of theirs) including politicians that represent any sort of opposition to them.

I can clearly see why the good, hard working citizens of Mexico would want to seek refuge in the US.  However, a significant portion of those refugees are cartel gang members posing as refugees.  That is likely why I support vetting and internment.  (No, I really don't like to see families separated)

Not disputing you, Sunset, but how can we tell this? What percentage of total refugees work for cartels. And if they work cartels, why do they want to come to the US?  
(05-18-2018, 11:45 PM)Dill Wrote: Not disputing you, Sunset, but how can we tell this? What percentage of total refugees work for cartels. And if they work cartels, why do they want to come to the US?  

That is what the vetting process is for, to determine who is genuinely needing refuge and who is pretending.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-17-2018, 10:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah because I said to actually burn children....... get real.  

Yes let them seek asylum in Mexico.  Better than here.  Everything I have a suggested fits in with all human rights laws and standards.  You seem to think I want a complete block.

I think you actually said you want refugee families turned back at the border.  What do you think you meant by "burn"? 

How does your program jive with the right to freedom from forcible return--especially if you are trying to ramp up the definition of "fear people."
(05-21-2018, 01:03 PM)Dill Wrote: I think you actually said you want refugee families turned back at the border.  What do you think you meant by "burn"? 

How does your program jive with the right to freedom from forcible return--especially if you are trying to ramp up the definition of "fear people."

Legitimate refugees need to go to. The first safe country. We shouldn’t have any Central Americans other than Mexicans. Which we should split with Canada.

The problem with Mexicans Claiming fear is that it’s a lie. They are almost all economic migrants. Same with the tidal wave of economic migrants in Europe.

Legitimate refugees defined by: “A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war, or violence. A refugee has a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.

I do not think there should be anything blocking a forcible return. Especially to any of these Central American countries. If they do not take people we take actions to force them.
(05-21-2018, 07:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Legitimate refugees need to go to. The first safe country.  We shouldn’t have any Central Americans other than Mexicans.  Which we should split with Canada.  

Did they not teach geography in gym school?

(05-21-2018, 07:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The problem with Mexicans Claiming fear is that it’s a lie.  They are almost all economic migrants.  Same with the tidal wave of economic migrants in Europe.  

Citation with proof or this is just opinion.

(05-21-2018, 07:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Legitimate refugees defined by:  “A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war, or violence. A refugee has a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.

I repeat...prove it.

[quote='StLucieBengal' pid='553916' dateline='1526942365']I do not think there should be anything blocking a forcible return.  Especially to any of these Central American countries.  If they do not take people we take actions to force them.

Like Mexico? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-21-2018, 07:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Legitimate refugees need to go to. The first safe country.  We shouldn’t have any Central Americans other than Mexicans.  Which we should split with Canada.  

Did they not teach geography in gym school?

(05-21-2018, 07:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The problem with Mexicans Claiming fear is that it’s a lie.  They are almost all economic migrants.  Same with the tidal wave of economic migrants in Europe.  

(05-21-2018, 07:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Legitimate refugees defined by:  “A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war, or violence. A refugee has a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.

I repeat...prove it.

[quote='StLucieBengal' pid='553916' dateline='1526942365']I do not think there should be anything blocking a forcible return.  Especially to any of these Central American countries.  If they do not take people we take actions to force them.

Like Mexico? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-21-2018, 07:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did they not teach geography in gym school?

Like Mexico? Ninja

Haha it’s. Close enough. They are equally worthless as the Central American countries. My bad on that slip.

They stay or go home when the economy goes down. When the economy is good they come. They are the definition of economic migrants.

I do not think there should be anything blocking a forcible return.  Especially to any of these Central American countries.  If they do not take people we take actions to force them.

Then we refuse to recognize their rights as refugees.
(05-21-2018, 11:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Then we refuse to recognize their rights as refugees.

Economic migrants are the ones we should be sending back. They have no rights since they are not legitimate refugees.