Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US military to lift ban on trans personnel
(06-29-2016, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's the beauty/horror of the US:  We're free to protest things...things that would get you killed for protesting in other countries.

^This

If LGBT people in Muslim countries could protest without the threat of imminent death from the government for doing so, they would. As it is, a person (regardless of whether they are LGBT or not) pretty much can't protest anything in most of the Muslim nations. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-27-2016, 05:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Honestly, I have no idea why the LGBT Group doesn't defend Israel more, but yet will defend the Countries in the Middle East where they will be killed just for being themselves.

Israel is no bastion of LGBT love. Othordox Jews, a sizeable percentage of Israel's population, do not condone or accept homosexuality or gender dysphoria.  

And I don't see a lot of LGBT persons defending Muslim countries. This is not a thing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
As long as it doesn't compromise morale and fighting effectiveness of the combat units, then dont care myself.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
http://popularmilitary.com/us-army-allowing-first-openly-transgender-infantryman-stay/

Quote:In just under a year, women have joined the ranks of combat arms and a transgender man is even serving as a squad leader in the United States Army Infantry. Staff Sergeant Patricia King was born with the biological features of a man, but has been tormented by a sense of being in the wrong body since the age of eight, according to BI.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-27-2016, 05:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Honestly, I have no idea why the LGBT Group doesn't defend Israel more, but yet will defend the Countries in the Middle East where they will be killed just for being themselves.

I have never heard the LGBT community defending countries in the Middle East where they will be killed just for being themselves.

Got a link to anything like that?
(06-30-2016, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never heard the LGBT community defending countries in the Middle East where they will be killed just for being themselves.

I was perplexed by this as well.  I've never heard of anybody in the LGBT community defending Jews or Muslims.  I have heard of members of the LGBT community fighting to be accepted as Christians though.  Which I always thought was weird.
(06-30-2016, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never heard the LGBT community defending countries in the Middle East where they will be killed just for being themselves.

(06-30-2016, 12:36 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I was perplexed by this as well.  I've never heard of anybody in the LGBT community defending Jews or Muslims.  I have heard of members of the LGBT community fighting to be accepted as Christians though.  Which I always thought was weird.

Some people equate fighting against ignorance, prejudice, discrimination of a group as defending the actions of those that use ignorance, prejudice, and discrimination to hate from within a group. It's just fallacious logic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-29-2016, 02:46 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Israel is no bastion of LGBT love. Othordox Jews, a sizeable percentage of Israel's population, do not condone or accept homosexuality or gender dysphoria.  

And I don't see a lot of LGBT persons defending Muslim countries. This is not a thing.

I'm well aware that the Orthodox Jews don't condone it, but they don't go out of their way to murder them either. Yes a few extremists have killed various members of the LGBT groups, but it's not as common a practice as it is in the Arab Countries.

Sure, how did the LGBT community respond when Trump first said to halt all Muslims from the Middle Eastern Countries from entering the US.

Baffling, that they would want people to come here that have the religious mind set that they should be killed for their lifestyle choice. Aren't battling Christians enough of a headache?
[Image: 13590414_1211080785621864_52319960168949...e=5836F17D]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]