Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA Olympic Basketball team
So it's rumored that Team USA will have an all time team in 2024 with the likes of Bron, Durant, and Curry all showing up and playing in 2024. So with that being said who would you want on your roster.

This is my roster.
PG- Curry, Irving, Haliburton, Holliday
SG- Booker, Bridges, Thompson
SF-Durant, Tatum
PF- Lebron
C- Davis, Mobley

Starting lineup
PG- Curry
PG- Haliburton
SG-Thompson
SF- Durant
PF- Lebron

Strengths- Shooting, playmaking, versatility on defense, familiarity with each other.

Weaknesses- front court size, rebounding, shot blocking, age

Reason-
1.)Durant, Steph,and Klay have played a ton of basketball together and they had a ton of success with winning 2 Championships and making another finals run together.

2.) It gives the USA plenty of shooting and playmaking in the lineup. Klay, Steph, and Haliburton are all 40% three point shooters in their careers. Bron, Steph, and Haliburton all average over 5 assits per game in their respective careers. KD, Steph, and Lebron all average over 25 points per game in their careers.

3.)It's a perfect offensive lineup for Lebron. Who is still the best player on the team.

4.) Even though it's a small lineup Lebron and KD are still big enough to play in the front court. It's basically the death lineup of the 2016-19 Warriors but your replacing Iggy and Green with Haliburton and Lebron.

2nd unit lineup
PG- Irving
SG-Booker
SG- Bridges
SF- Tatum
C- Davis
Strengths- Scoring, Playmaking, Shot blocking, Energy
Weakness- Shooting, Floor general.

Overall- While it's an old team the skill and versatility of the roster is unmatched by any other team in the Olympics.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I’d put Davis instead of Haliburton. Also, even though Steph was dealing with minor injuries he still decided to stay home because of a long season and to be with family. He might do it this time because it’s likely his last time ever, but can’t plan on that because he is older and will only be more worn down than he was. Also Bron will be 39.

Steph
Klay
Durant
Bron
Davis

Dig the second team but add Adenbayo.
Reply/Quote
You put a lot of effort into this post but bro Halliburton has been in the league for like 6 minutes, I don’t know why he’d be on this team after just one solid season. Just my armchair opinion though. I also personally wouldn’t put Klay on the team. I’d probably add Beal instead of Klay.

Then I would start Book, Bridges, Durant, and Beal… simply because I’m a Suns homer.

But the problem isn’t a lack of shooters, it’s a lack of playing team ball….which is an overall problem in the NBA these days.

Steph is great because of his off the ball movement. Klays dumb ass will just stand in the corner for 48 minutes if he could get away with it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 07:41 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I’d put Davis instead of Haliburton. Also, even though Steph was dealing with minor injuries he still decided to stay home because of a long season and to be with family. He might do it this time because it’s likely his last time ever, but can’t plan on that because he is older and will only be more worn down than he was. Also Bron will be 39.

Steph
Klay
Durant
Bron
Davis

Dig the second team but add Adenbayo.
I understand with what your saying. I went with Mobley over Bam because of shot blocking purposes. 
(09-17-2023, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: You put a lot of effort into this post but bro Halliburton has been in the league for like 6 minutes, I don’t know why he’d be on this team after just one solid season.  Just my armchair opinion though.  I also personally wouldn’t put Klay on the team.  I’d probably add Beal instead of Klay.    

Then I would start Book, Bridges, Durant, and Beal… simply because I’m a Suns homer.

But the problem isn’t a lack of shooters, it’s a lack of playing team ball….which is an overall problem in the NBA these days.  

Steph is great because of his off the ball movement.  Klays dumb ass will just stand in the corner for 48 minutes if he could get away with it.
Haliburton is a legit PG averaged 10 assists this past season, he shoots over 40% on three point shots, and he has nice size for a international 2 at 6-5.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote