Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USFL 2022
(02-20-2022, 06:22 PM)Synric Wrote: USFL starts in mid April. I think their draft is this week lol.

Just moving this here since it's started up. Pretty entertaining game Saturday night. Triple header today. I'll be focusing on the Stars as they were my adopted team back in the vintage USFL. Michigan was my backup team with Hebert and Anthony Carter. 

I don't really have a clue who is on the Stars right now but i'm gonna check it out and see if it's something i can get into. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I've watched small bits and pieces so far. Just can't get into it, yet.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 04:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've watched small bits and pieces so far. Just can't get into it, yet.

It will take a while, if at all. Looked like there was about 400 people at the Panthers game.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I watched the Saturday night game. It was actually better than I thought with some hard hits as well. Obviously not NFL caliber play but for a spring football fix not bad. I'm not a big fan of the drone camera. When they use it to pan around the players during the huddle it is a little disorienting. It's also a little distracting seeing it buzzing around the field during some plays. But overall not too shabby. At least it is football to watch.

Also I think the teams only had like 3 weeks to practice so I think the level of play might improve over the next few weeks. There was a WR and TE for the Generals last night that both made some nice catches. But I think the TE got hurt. I'm all for something like this. It might give a few players experience to develop and maybe break through to the NFL like several players in the past were able to do.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 07:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:   It might give a few players experience to develop and maybe break through to the NFL like several players in the past were able to do.

He Hate Me

Reply/Quote
Started watching the lead up to the night game.  They are doing some behind the scenes stuff showing players how they came into the USFL.  A kind of cool one I just saw, Vinny Papale is a WR for the Tampa Bay Bandits.   That name might ring a bell.  He is the son of former Philadelphia Eagles receiver Vince Papale, whose career was the basis of the 2006 film Invincible.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
First game there was a long pass and a great catch just seconds in by a cat who had played NAIA ball before transferring to Western Alabama, hell this....who?...was why I tuned in.

It's ok, will watch next week.
Reply/Quote
I wish they didn't go with the hub city approach. Its like watching a game in the pandemic there is very little atmosphere except for the Birmingham games. Also none of the games ran on time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 03:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just moving this here since it's started up. Pretty entertaining game Saturday night. Triple header today. I'll be focusing on the Stars as they were my adopted team back in the vintage USFL. Michigan was my backup team with Hebert and Anthony Carter. 

I don't really have a clue who is on the Stars right now but i'm gonna check it out and see if it's something i can get into. 

Any teams near by to the Greater Cincy Area?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 09:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Started watching the lead up to the night game.  They are doing some behind the scenes stuff showing players how they came into the USFL.  A kind of cool one I just saw, Vinny Papale is a WR for the Tampa Bay Bandits.   That name might ring a bell.  He is the son of former Philadelphia Eagles receiver Vince Papale, whose career was the basis of the 2006 film Invincible.

As soon as i saw the name, i wondered if he was related.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 04:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Any teams near by to the Greater Cincy Area?

Define near...

https://www.theusfl.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Define near...

https://www.theusfl.com/

lol guess ill watch from tv
Reply/Quote
I'm watching the Pit/Phily game right now. So far a decent game. I am rooting against Pittsburgh because every team in Pittsburgh deserves to lose every game for all eternity. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I tried watching Michigan and New Jersey last night the offense and QB play in general was poor. I didn't last long before turning it off.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 02:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm watching the Pit/Phily game right now.  So far a decent game.   I am rooting against Pittsburgh because every team in Pittsburgh deserves to lose every game for all eternity.    Tongue

Go Stars!!!!

(04-23-2022, 04:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I tried watching Michigan and New Jersey last night the offense and QB play in general was poor. I didn't last long before turning it off.

Birmingham and Houston play tonight at 7. They both played pretty well last week so it should be a good game. 

Kind of funny how it worked out this week. The first 2 games were teams that all lost last week and the last 2 games are teams that all won last week.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 06:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Go Stars!!!!

Birmingham and Houston play tonight at 7. They both played pretty well last week so it should be a good game. 

Kind of funny how it worked out this week. The first 2 games were teams that all lost last week and the last 2 games are teams that all won last week.

I'll probably try and get into it a little more. Trying to watch the Reds is just to hard.
Reply/Quote
Birmingham's QB is bad...

Reply/Quote
When the original league kicked off back in '83, I believe it was, I picked the closest team to me that wasn't Pittsburgh to root for. The Michigan Panthers played up at the Silverdome and damned if they didn't win the first-ever USFL championship. I remember one year watching a game as the family gathered together on Easter, which was a weird feeling. It was an exciting league to watch, and I hope this version will eventually meet its predecessor's level of play.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: When the original league kicked off back in '83, I believe it was, I picked the closest team to me that wasn't Pittsburgh to root for.  The Michigan Panthers played up at the Silverdome and damned if they didn't win the first-ever USFL championship.  I remember one year watching a game as the family gathered together on Easter, which was a weird feeling.  It was an exciting league to watch, and I hope this version will eventually meet its predecessor's level of play.

It's crazy to think that some of the top college qbs went to the OG USFL instead of the NFL and some of the name players that jumped from the NFL to the USFL. I couldn't even imagine that happening now. 

Reply/Quote
Oh my. Field goal kicking is sooo sooo bad in this league.

Reply/Quote