Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly Primetime Road Record
(11-15-2023, 11:38 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Another curse to break.

That's basically it. Should've had it a bunch of those times, have to win eventually (like the SNF losing streak).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A loss would keep us perfect. So there's that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 4:25 and another game after, so not Primetime.

This record is more happenstance than anything. I do think there was something to be said about Marv and Andy melting down in primetime, but you don’t really see that now outside of the Halloween game last year.

Primetime by definition is a night game so you’re right it’s not primetime, but we all know a solo playoff game will have as many if not more viewers than a Thursday night regular season game. So hopefully we just end it now so it’s not a talking point much like the Sunday night record 2 weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 12:06 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: For sure - made me remember watching these games.
Horrible, awful memories…

lol didnt say good ones
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 12:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This record is more happenstance than anything. I do think there was something to be said about Marv and Andy melting down in primetime, but you don’t really see that now outside of the Halloween game last year.

Primetime by definition is a night game so you’re right it’s not primetime, but we all know a solo playoff game will have as many if not more viewers than a Thursday night regular season game. So hopefully we just end it now so it’s not a talking point much like the Sunday night record 2 weeks ago.

I don't disagree Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 4:25 and another game after, so not Primetime.

Oh I see, I guess I didn’t know what primetime meant. I assumed it meant that it was the only game on at the time. I assumed every playoff game was prime time. Makes sense that it means late night game.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 04:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: large majority of those are Marvin Lewis teams + 75% of their primetime games were road games

Yeah, we need to look at the Burrow record, 0-5 and need to break that...

Marv's teams under Dalton were just bad in big games period.

I consider the 49ers road win a primetime game anyways. Most of the country watched that game.

The Bills playoff game where we were on the road doesn't count is also a question of mine?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we need to look at the Burrow record, 0-5 and need to break that...

Marv's teams under Dalton were just bad in big games period.

I consider the 49ers road win a primetime game anyways. Most of the country watched that game.

The Bills playoff game where we were on the road doesn't count is also a question of mine?

I mean, they won the afc title game IN kansas city

this road primetime nonsense is nonsense. 

but here's another thing to it... The bengals arent a popular team. They arent given sunday night games in chicago or at the chargers stadium. Teams like the steelers and packers are given these road primetime games against bunk teams constantly.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 03:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I mean, they won the afc title game IN kansas city

this road primetime nonsense is nonsense. 

but here's another thing to it... The bengals arent a popular team. They arent given sunday night games in chicago or at the chargers stadium. Teams like the steelers and packers are given these road primetime games against bunk teams constantly.

Great post Frank and well said. This team beat KC in KC in the AFC Championship to get to the SB and somehow even THAT doesn't
count as a primetime game lol

Also true about us not being popular so we don't get near as many opportunities for these types of games unless we keep winning 
and bring in much more fans to our base. Would be nice to get a bunk team on the road in a primetime game, but that isn't happening
anytime this year. The rest of our games are all against good teams.
Reply/Quote