Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly second half but great win.
(12-24-2022, 06:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: That was pretty clearly an incomplete pass. If it would have been called a fumble, it probably would have been overturned.

Not sure how you can say “clearly” ball was out of his hand before it ever moved forward.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:32 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: Got a bit nervy watching that second half especially with the Jamarr fumble but all in all a good win on the road. A few years ago you'd head to the patriots and pray not to get dicked but now we head anywhere and expect to win. Just chalk up another w in the column and wait for next week. Have a happy Christmas Bengal fans from Shropshire, England. They gotta play us - who dey !!!!!!

Great win alright. Wasn't easy with the mistakes by Boyd and Ja'Marr but hey, might be a blessing in disguise going into the game 
against the Bills where we will need them to play their best. Happy Christmas Cuzz, have a good one.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not sure how you can say “clearly” ball was out of his hand before it ever moved forward.

Thought Mac lost the ball myself and it was a fumble, still do. Took away another Playoff P moment, bogus. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Wins are Wins in the NFL. I am worried about the defensive line in the playoffs though.

Based on potential match ups I actually feel okay. A lot of the playoff teams have injured OLs or they have had some issues. Assuming we get Hubbard back we will be okay.
Reply/Quote
The Pats defense is very good at getting turnovers and scoring on them. They've done it all year and it keeps them in games they shouldn't really be in. Today was no different.

I am a little concerned that they've had 2 halves of football in the last 2 weeks where they've scored 3 total points...but it was also against 2 very physical defenses capable of making big plays.

But a win is a win, even if it wasn't pretty. Hell, the Chiefs needed OT to beat the Texans last week.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not sure how you can say “clearly” ball was out of his hand before it ever moved forward.

You’re seeing what you want to see. That was not a fumble.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You’re seeing what you want to see. That was not a fumble.

Looked like one to me and to many others. Obviously it was called incomplete but calls are wrong all the time. There was nothing “clear” about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That was a fumble on Jones. Refs tried to screw us. They also didn't start the clock on Mixon's run at 55 seconds.

I agree. Should gave been a Bengals TD. Or atleast the ball deep in Pat's territory.
Reply/Quote
A win is a win.Go Bengals!!! 11-4.Now,Buffalo and then the Ravens.Bengals need to win out,and let the chips fall where they may.If they win these next 2 games,Burrow may have a pretty good chance for MVP.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Looked like one to me and to many others. Obviously it was called incomplete but calls are wrong all the time. There was nothing “clear” about it.

looked like a fumble on review, but i think we got make up call on the Pats fumble...his forward progress had certainly stopped,  being 2 yds back from the point of initial contact.
Reply/Quote

100%. To me, there's no gray area even. That ball was lose and empty hand went forward.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:51 PM)M.W. Wrote: Play calling was pretty bad late in the third Q. Up by 22 and you pass when it's 2nd and 2???  Take a big sack... Next play a pick 6.

Up by 22 in the 3rd Q and it is 2nd and 2.. RUN THE GD FOOTBALL.  You have two chances to get 2 yards and you burn the clock... You will get it.. Instead drop back and get sacked on 2nd and 2 then throw a pick 6.. Ridiculous.  

Happy we won but stupid football won't win in the playoffs

They actually had a third and less than a yard on the New England 31 yard line and instead of running the ball twice to get the one yard they threw the ball and got a holding penalty which made it 3-11. The next play was the pick 6. No idea why they get cute but just pound the ball when you got two downs to get less than a yard

That woke New England up right there and just turn that game.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Looked like one to me and to many others. Obviously it was called incomplete but calls are wrong all the time. There was nothing “clear” about it.

Looked like a fumble to me. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Welcome Semi-New Guy!

Bengals have great roster and one of the best QBs in the NFL but they are missing a game changer on the defensive line.

I disagree. Game changer on the edge MAYBE. Reader is a monumental game changer in the run game. Hubbard sets the edge fantastic. Hendrickson is slightly above average. But no team is perfect on defense. I think our 2 safeties compare with anybody and our 2 linebackers.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Wins are Wins in the NFL. I am worried about the defensive line in the playoffs though.

WTH, are you talking about?  BJ Hil and DJ Reader are two of the best in the NFL and the backs up aren't too shabby either.  Reader at Nose Guard is Pro-Bowl material.  Did you see the fumble there in the 4th quarter when they were on our 6?  That was NG-DJ Reader who stuffed the play, Bell knocked it loose and DT-BJ Hill recovered it.   

DE is what worries me.  Ossai made a few plays.  Trey wasn't himself, Sample and Gunter worry me every time I see them on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You’re seeing what you want to see. That was not a fumble.

How in the world was that a pass?

I still don't get CD and the designated ref saying it was...

Man, all I got to do is just flip it off my thumb to save a turnover now? The ball was coming out so damn clearly to me...

That is BS Johnny, BS. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Yep, it was both ugly, and bizarre. The boys found a way to sneak out of Foxboro with a win for the first time in 36 years. Wins this deep in the year on the road are great though, ugly or not.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That was a fumble on Jones. Refs tried to screw us. They also didn't start the clock on Mixon's run at 55 seconds.

Yup, saw that deal with the clock too. Absolutely was a fumble. The ball squeezed out of his hand before he tried to underhand it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup, saw that deal with the clock too. Absolutely was a fumble. The ball squeezed out of his hand before he tried to underhand it.

Yah, just squirt it out of your none throwing hand now...

It's all good. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Win is a win.... however I personally like this one. It almost feels like a loss to the Bengals they should be extra motivated next week for multiple reasons :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote