Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh-oh...Mixon might be out for a while
(09-21-2018, 04:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I love about him is his versatility because he can just do so many things well: be a receiver, run with power, run with shiftiness and moves, outrun defenders, be patient, and can see the field and evaluate what's happening in his head.

We have a star  ThumbsUp

Bell also has over twice as many carries as Gio and Forte has almost twice as many.

Do you think Gio keeps up that YPC with twice as many carries?

Agree about Mixon he was my favorite RB in that Draft and as we see it was plentiful of great backs.

Also really liked Dalvin Cook they just had their off field problems. With Mixon it was only one problem.

I think Gio could keep that up BTW. He is tough.

(09-21-2018, 06:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

You see it all over sports, saturation is ruining it and it's all about the money !

In 1975 how many college teams went to a bowl 15 % ? Now how many go 45 % ?

Good Evening and welcome to the Joe's fill dirt bowl featuring Northern Western Central out back St. vs. Light house School for the Blind. They both finished the season with  5-7 records and we're looking forward to a great game.

Please  :paul:

Love this post lol

They like to reward mediocrity in all facets of life now.
Reply/Quote

You see it all over sports, saturation is ruining it and it's all about the money !

Good Evening and welcome to the Joe's fill dirt bowl featuring Northern Western Central out back St. vs. Light house School for the Blind. They both finished the season with  5-7 records and we're looking forward to a great game.

Why do you care?  No one is forcing you to watch these games.

I like having a bowl game to watch even when my team (Tenn) only wins 6 or 7 games.  Don't know why that would bother you.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 10:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you care?  No one is forcing you to watch these games.

I like having a bowl game to watch even when my team (Tenn) only wins 6 or 7 games.  Don't know why that would bother you.

I don't care Fred, send them all to Bowl games. Hell let's just do away with the regular season and play nothing but Bowl Games. That way everybody is a winner. You don't have to achieve anything to be rewarded.

Let's do away with scoring and just play and we can all be one big happy family no winners no losers. Hell let's just do away with teams and just draw numbers when they players get to the game. We can call them team 1 and team 2. Nobody wins nobody loses we all go home happy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sure.  Looking at his yearly stats his yards per carry average does not seem to be influenced by the number of carries at all.

It has nothing to do with his YPC and everything to do with his durability to play an entire 16 games healthy as our main ball carrier, especially when getting hit by linemen and linebackers head-on every time he carries the ball.

A guy Gio's size might get beat up pretty badly carrying the ball as a full workload, especially running between the tackles.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 02:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It has nothing to do with his YPC and everything to do with his durability to play an entire 16 games healthy as our main ball carrier, especially when getting hit by linemen and linebackers head-on every time he carries the ball.

A guy Gio's size might get beat up pretty badly carrying the ball as a full workload, especially running between the tackles.

Ray Rice and Maurice Jones-Drew held up fine, and Gio is bigger than both of them.

He's short, but he's stout.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Well said. :andy: 
Reply/Quote