Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undefeated teams
OK, as of now our Bengals are 2 -0 and could be 3-0 after the dust settles today.

Surprisingly the Ravens and Steelers could be 1-2 and 0-2-1 after this week is over.

There are currently 7 teams left that are undefeated. Bengals, Dolphins, Broncos, Chiefs, Jaguars for the AFC and Buccaneers and Rams for the NFC.

Out of these 7 teams, we play 4 of the 6 other teams. Dolphins, Broncos, Chiefs and Buccaneers. To be fair the rest of the division also has to play the Broncos, Chiefs and Buccaneers with the Steelers facing off with the Jaguars. This is of course assuming that each team continues to win, I know I am wanting the Broncos and Bucs to win this week.

If the Dolphins continue to win (not likely with a match with NE before us) we will have a battle of unbeatens facing off.

KC and Denver will be facing off next week and that will eliminate 1 or 2 in the event of a tie, from the list. If KC wins then they have a rough outing the following week with the Jags to maintain their status.

Our road isn't the easiest this year, 2 road games, followed up with a Dolphins team that is currently number 1 in their division. Then a team that could be on life support in the Steelers, then back to back games with 2 other teams that are currently unbeaten (as of now) in the Chiefs and Bucs.

So in closing we could have to face off against 2 Undefeated teams before our Bye, Dolphins and Bucs. If we somehow make it to our bye Undefeated that will be a significant achievement considering the obstacles in our way.
Reply/Quote
Denver is not 2-0 good. They will get throttled in Baltimore today sadly. The best team in the AFC right now is hands down Jax, although it could be argued KC is a very close 2nd.

Be interesting to see if KC can maintain over the course of the year. Not sure why but they traditionally always start strong and peter out. This year might be different as that Mahomes (sp.) kid is special.

I'd like to think our Bengals are right there also. All depends on OL play. If it continues to get better as the year goes on watch out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:37 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Denver is not 2-0 good.  They will get throttled in Baltimore today sadly.  The best team in the AFC right now is hands down Jax, although it could be argued KC is a very close 2nd.

Be interesting to see if KC can maintain over the course of the year.  Not sure why but they traditionally always start strong and peter out.  This year might be different as that Mahomes (sp.) kid is special.

I'd like to think our Bengals are right there also.  All depends on OL play.  If it continues to get better as the year goes on watch out.

I don't think Denver will get beaten as easily as you think.  I see that game as 50/50 toss up.

I agree that Jax, right now, is the best team in the AFC.  I agree the KC as a whole is a very good offense.

I disagree with Mohomes being "special", he has virtually no tape to look at.  He is on a very talented and stacked team with one of the best offensively minded coaches in the NFL.  He IS doing some good to great things, but I don't think he does those great things on any other team.  To get the "special" moniker you have to take a bad team and turn it around.  KC has Kelce, Hunt and Hill.  All are very friendly for a young QB.  

KC has a weakness though on Defense.  Both weeks their Defense gave up some points and yards.  We shall see.

The Bengals will always be doubted until we win a Playoff game.  We could go 16-0 and no one will consider us a legit contender until we prove it in the post season.
Reply/Quote
Regardless, we need to be 3-0 after today. The Browns are not that bad this year. I don't want to be within an arm's reach of them.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:00 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: I don't think Denver will get beaten as easily as you think.  I see that game as 50/50 toss up.

I agree that Jax, right now, is the best team in the AFC.  I agree the KC as a whole is a very good offense.

I disagree with Mohomes being "special", he has virtually no tape to look at.  He is on a very talented and stacked team with one of the best offensively minded coaches in the NFL.  He IS doing some good to great things, but I don't think he does those great things on any other team.  To get the "special" moniker you have to take a bad team and turn it around.  KC has Kelce, Hunt and Hill.  All are very friendly for a young QB.  

KC has a weakness though on Defense.  Both weeks their Defense gave up some points and yards.  We shall see.

The Bengals will always be doubted until we win a Playoff game.  We could go 16-0 and no one will consider us a legit contender until we prove it in the post season.

Mahomes is one of the most gifted QBs I've seen in a while. His arm strength is unbelievable.. some of his passes are just BULLETS that I can't believe his receivers can even catch. That allows him to throw in really tight windows without worry. That's an unbelievable asset to have. 

Jax and Rams to me are the best undefeated teams in the league. And yep, even now at 2-0 I'm still uncomfortable with this team. It's hard to let go of the reputation this team has, and we have some important injuries while we have to go up against two strong NFC teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:02 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Regardless, we need to be 3-0 after today. The Browns are not that bad this year. I don't want to be within an arm's reach of them.

Yep, or to even be borderline playoff bound for the Ravens to kick us out of the playoffs. Argh Although I think the last or before last game is w/ the squeelers.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:41 AM)thillan Wrote: Mahomes is one of the most gifted QBs I've seen in a while. His arm strength is unbelievable.. some of his passes are just BULLETS that I can't believe his receivers can even catch. That allows him to throw in really tight windows without worry. That's an unbelievable asset to have. 

Jax and Rams to me are the best undefeated teams in the league. And yep, even now at 2-0 I'm still uncomfortable with this team. It's hard to let go of the reputation this team has, and we have some important injuries while we have to go up against two strong NFC teams.

Many people were calling Dak Prescott the "most gifted QB they have seen in a while".  I am not trying to diminish Mahomes, however he has only played 2 games.  2 years ago we had Prescott, last year we had Watson... now we have Mahomes.  Before those guys we had RGIII and even Bridgewater and Kaepernick.  Hell even the shine is being dimmed from Wilson a bit now that he is expected to do more with less.

As to him throwing into "tight" windows, I haven't see him do that.  He has hit wide open WRs.  The play calling has been great at getting his WRs open and allowing him to make easy reads.  Does he have an arm?  Yes.  Arm strength alone is not enough.  Once DCs have some tape on him and see what his tendencies are, they will adjust to stop him or even bait him into throwing to create turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:02 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Regardless, we need to be 3-0 after today. The Browns are not that bad this year. I don't want to be within an arm's reach of them.

Last week you were switching your allegiance to them. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 12:27 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Last week you were switching your allegiance to them. 

Was I? Why put words into my mouth? 1) I do live in CLE. 2) I've been a Bengals fan for 30 years. You have a problem detecting sarcasm, it does take intelligence though.

I'm allowed to say our team sucks (if they are), just like anyone else. I'm also allowed to say CLE looks good, because frankly, they do. If they didn't have Nugent Jr. on their team the first two games they'd be 3-0!

I don't care about being a "True fan", at some point thorugh the bullshit, people will "switch allegiances". Only an idiot would stick with Mike Brown and marvin lewis through thick and thin. There are a lot of idiots out there. Would you die being a bengals fan for 50 years under the M. Brown and M. Lewis reign of zero playoff wins? Lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Vikings and Packers are technically both still undefeated.

Reply/Quote