Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh-oh...Mixon might be out for a while
So far we had Burfict out (4 games), played 2 and won including one in Indy where we had not won for 21 years. Evans stepped in and played well. Then we lost another LB Brown, Nickerson steps in and does a good job.

Williams gets ejected in 1st quarter and Fej steps up.

We lose Price and MJ to injury early last night, Hopkins, Hubbard & Willis step up and play well. This team seems to have some depth.

Bell tells Steelers to kiss his rear and Conner steps up.

We need the next guy to step up. Lots of people loved Carson, he will get a shot to prove them right that he a capable NFL back.

Knock on wood, thus far like other teams, we are losing guys to injuries, but we are winning and our next guys up have stepped up and as important, our injured guys will be back in 2018.

Hopefully Mixon gets what he needs, gets the rehab he needs so when he gets back, he has fresh legs against very tired defenses as the year wears on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is anyone getting the Eifert vibe from Joe?

Where is Bates in the young guns pic? Are you referring to a man sacrificing his body playing fast and big athletes, then getting hurt? If so, no I am not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hurts bad knowing that we have two very very tough road games coming up. I think this is where having 3 capable TEs is a factor.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: B]Where is Bates in the young guns pic?[/b] Are you referring to a man sacrificing his body playing fast and big athletes, then getting hurt? If so, no I am not.

And get Price in a Bengals jersey while you’re at it!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So far we had Burfict out (4 games), played 2 and won including one in Indy where we had not won for 21 years. Evans stepped in and played well. Then we lost another LB Brown, Nickerson steps in and does a good job.

Williams gets ejected in 1st quarter and Fej steps up.

We lose Price and MJ to injury early last night, Hopkins, Hubbard & Willis step up and play well. This team seems to have some depth.

Bell tells Steelers to kiss his rear and Conner steps up.

We need the next guy to step up. Lots of people loved Carson, he will get a shot to prove them right that he a capable NFL back.

Knock on wood, thus far like other teams, we are losing guys to injuries, but we are winning and our next guys up have stepped up and as important, our injured guys will be back in 2018.

Hopefully Mixon gets what he needs, gets the rehab he needs so when he gets back, he has fresh legs against very tired defenses as the year wears on.

Good post. I like that we got the Thursday night game over with early in the season. Limping in to a Thursday game after playing 12 games is a recipe for disaster. We get an extra couple days to lick wounds and get right again. Give me my 12 (central) kickoffs from here out.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:53 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:  I like that we got the Thursday night game over with early in the season. Limping in to a Thursday game after playing 12 games is a recipe for disaster. We get an extra couple days to lick wounds and get right again. Give me my 12 (central) kickoffs from here out.

This X 1000.

We were about as fresh as we were going to be all year except coming off our bye week.

Still say it is crazy to give NFL players only 100 hours to recover from a game.  Late in the season when everyone id nicked up that has to be nearly impossible.
Reply/Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1040718923417567232
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:03 PM)Brimey Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1040718923417567232

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-joe-mixon-surgery-knee-0914-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
Reply/Quote
I don't trust Bengal players timetables for return. Never seem to be correct.

Time for Gio to work on his free agency value...

What happened to Brian Hill again? I still think he was our best backup RB in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can’t even be happy for one damn day!

[Image: 200.gif]
Hilarious  Sometimes it feels like that!
Reply/Quote
It's Tre Carson time!!!!
Reply/Quote
And this is a massive blow to the offense. We saw it last night - whenever Mixon was out the offense stalled. I do think part of the problem was we inexplicably went away from the uptempo attack and hopefully that is the whole issue.
Reply/Quote
I think I was the only one who liked the Walton pick. You’re all about to see why.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 4 to 6 weeks seams to be the time period.
We have a deep back field though so I am not that worried.

Could be just two weeks as it is being reported Mixon had “a small particle in his knee that dislodged Thursday night.” If they are just cleaning his knee out he should recover quickly. But, don't want to rush him back.

Sounds like a piece of cartilage or bone chip.
Reply/Quote
He was on sideline walking around and riding bike acting like something was bothering him but could not tell what.

But knew something was because Gio was staying in longer than usual even though the offense was stagnant.

But then him and trainer walked over to exactly where I sit, could have poured my beer on his head even. He did a juke a took off like a lightning bolt. Never have I seen anything that quick on the sideline.
The trainer looked at him and gave him two thumbs up and smiled but Mixon was like ehh.

But he returned the next series and led us to a score. Think it is something per hid body language. But the way he took off below me not thinking it is too serious. Plus he reversed directions on that big run right after that.

Anyway, sure hope it is not much because he has been a true leader on the team and the players sure seem behind him on the sideline.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This X 1000.

We were about as fresh as we were going to be all year except coming off our bye week.

Still say it is crazy to give NFL players only 100 hours to recover from a game.  Late in the season when everyone id nicked up that has to be nearly impossible.

The Thursday night game is going bye-bye in the next CBA unless it’s stipulated that only teams coming off byes play in them...you’d think.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The Thursday night game is going bye-bye in the next CBA unless it’s stipulated that only teams coming off byes play in them...you’d think.

Actually, I like your suggestion. Shouldn't be hard to implement. Unfortunately, the NFL is a money league so premier match ups on Thursday rule the roost. Players and teams be damned.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This X 1000.

I fully believe that lost within the retrospective aggregate data analysis, is that significant injuries do occur when players get only 3 days rest.
Reply/Quote
Put this in other thread but should have put it here.

We need to baby this Mixon injury imo.

Last time i remember hearing about a quick come back from arthroscopic on the knee for a Bengal was Burfict.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11785004/vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-likely-miss-2-games-undergoing-arthroscopic-knee-surgery

He needed microfracture surgery after that season...

Gio is super solid. Tre has always looked good. W
And we used a valuable pick for a guy who was supposedly great value.

Sucks. We could use Mixon. But its a long season. Let it get right
Reply/Quote
This is bigger deal than some believe. The offense sputtered as soon as he left....came back to life when he came back. Defenses just don't respect the run game without him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote