Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh-oh...Mixon might be out for a while
(09-14-2018, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is anyone getting the Eifert vibe from Joe?

He does get dinged up an awful lot in his short career.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gio is more than capable of carrying this load. Gets way less credit than he should. Dude is awesome.

^This

Giovanni Bernard could likely be the featured back, on several NFL teams.  The team paid the man very well, to be one of the best RB2s in the league.  He can handle things for a few weeks.  

On another note, this should be swim or sink time for Tre Carson, as the change of pace back.  With Walton gimpy from shoulder injury, Carson will have to produce.  Carson looked fantastic versus scrubs this preseason, let's just hope that he can hold his own with the starters.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This news sucks. What we did to piss off the football gods is beyond me. I hope he is healthy soon. As someone else said, next man up.
Reply/Quote
It's only 2 weeks, they're removing a piece of bone that dislodged from an old injury. One thing we know now is Mixon is a beast, and this type of playing while injured should motivate the rest of our team - something they've missed in the entire Marvin Lewis era, motivation.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
In the old days they would have run him out there till that knee was irrepairable.. doped him up with pain meds and steroids and that would have been it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The Thursday night game is going bye-bye in the next CBA unless it’s stipulated that only teams coming off byes play in them...you’d think.

The consensus on Sirius, is that they need to add a bye for teams, so that they can rest prior to the Thursday night game, and allow a 53 man gameday roster with all 53 men allowed to play instead of 46....
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:02 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He needs to get a second opinion since the team doctors are quacks that will screw his knee and career up if you let them cut him open. This is why Eifert has missed most of his career the doctors. Hmmmm we are a different team with Eifert in the game so what happens doctors cut him open....That was years ago but same thing happening again with Joe we are a different team with Joe in the game so the docs want to cut him open. 

Good grief...…. you do realize, do you not, that the team doctors are not the doctors that do surgeries on players, right? They go to the best in the nation.....
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief...…. you do realize, do you not, that the team doctors are not the doctors that do surgeries on players, right? They go to the best in the nation.....

The best so called foot doctor in the world told Eifert to put off going under the knife as long as he could to see how things went. So Eifert didn't go under the knife right after the pro bowl that he got hurt in he put it off till the next spring/summer and missed a half of a season or more. If he would of got it done when he got hurt he would not of missed any games.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:13 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The best so called foot doctor in the world told Eifert to put off going under the knife as long as he could to see how things went. So Eifert didn't go under the knife right after the pro bowl that he got hurt in he put it off till the next spring/summer and missed a half of a season or more. If he would of got it done when he got hurt he would not of missed any games.

So when the best doctor in the world says you should wait and see if something responds before cutting in to your body, you think the player should just go ahead and be cut on instead. Got it. And that does not address your assertion that team docs do the surgeries.....
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 4 to 6 weeks seams to be the time period.
We have a deep back field though so I am not that worried.

Had...  Brian Hill is in Atlanta now.
Reply/Quote
This might have been said (I saw someone on the front page say two weeks), that it’s two to six weeks, and since we already played this week, we’re looking at missing one to five games.

Excluding the Dolphins, we have a rough few weeks, but I’d rather make sure he’s healthy for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This might have been said (I saw someone on the front page say two weeks), that it’s two to six weeks, and since we already played this week, we’re looking at missing one to five games.

Excluding the Dolphins, we have a rough few weeks, but I’d rather make sure he’s healthy for the rest of the season.

Yep. It’s so hard as a fan to try and not keep up the winning, but we gotta worry long term too. RBs have a short life span in this league generally, don’t want to speed his up.

But dang, what a bad time for this. Carolina AND Atlanta coming up.. Not having Mixon will hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:07 PM)XsandOs Wrote: This news is bad, Nate. But not terrible.

Unless it turns out to be a ligament issue, it's manageable.

I really think Walton will surprise us.

I hope Walton surprises us, really rooting for the guy but he wasn't impressive in the Preseason like Hill and Carson were.

(09-14-2018, 10:19 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: Cute-Praying-Animal-Pictures-20.jpg]

Lol, the tiger prayer...

(09-14-2018, 10:47 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Could be a blessing in disguise. Running backs take a beating during a 16 game schedule, Mixon could stay a little fresher down the home stretch and into possible playoff games. Better to happen now rather than later, let's just hope he can stay healthy after this hiccup.

Good point, need Mixon running at his best down the stretch. He can punish Defenders with his size.

Carson can too and Gio runs much bigger and is much more physical than he looks.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I hope they take as much time as he needs. Want him full strength at mid to end of season when other teams will be wearing down. Could be a blessing to let him sit out a few.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 01:59 PM)pally Wrote:

No way he just misses 1 game.  Atlanta plays on turf.  He is out at least 2; I am hoping he is back for the Steelers; but I want them to hold him out until he is 100%.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way he just misses 1 game.  Atlanta plays on turf.  He is out at least 2; I am hoping he is back for the Steelers; but I want them to hold him out until he is 100%.

PBS has turf too...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 01:44 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This news sucks. What we did to piss off the football gods is beyond me. I hope he is healthy soon. As someone else said, next man up.

Ending Bo Jackson didn't do us any favors.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The consensus on Sirius, is that they need to add a bye for teams, so that they can rest prior to the Thursday night game, and allow a 53 man gameday roster with all 53 men allowed to play instead of 46....

I've said this for a long time but no additional bye week is needed.

While it would be tough to do from a scheduling perspective, it COULD be done ...

Since there are 32 teams, that means 16 Thursday games. The NFL could schedule Thursday doubleheaders (like they do for MNF early in the season) starting in week 4 (for the teams that have a week 3 bye). If they scheduled it that way, there would be 8 doubleheaders from week 4 thru week 9, with a skip of week 10 then 2 Thursday games for Thanksgiving and one more Thursday doubleheader and we're done with them.

The only "flaw" with doing it that way is that eastern (and central) time zone Thursday games would need to be played at about 6 pm eastern time and some at 9:30 pm eastern time (because there are fewer mountain and pacific time zone teams).
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So when the best doctor in the world says you should wait and see if something responds before cutting in to your body, you think the player should just go ahead and be cut on instead. Got it. And that does not address your assertion that team docs do the surgeries.....
When that doctor causes your player to lose 6 or more games for something that could of been done in the off season he is a quack...

A cut and paste from hobspins story on the Bengals page …

It’s believed the surgery is this weekend with the next game in Carolina in nine days. The report is unclear how long he’ll be out. That’s because it won’t be known until Mixon starts working after the surgery when they’ll know how he’ll respond.  Indications are the club doesn’t think the MRI results show anything major, but there’s always an unknown until the surgeon sees inside the knee. The speculation is a couple of weeks, but that’s all it is.

It is unclear how long this player will be out ...A player that stopped on a dime cut back reversed field for a 21 yard gain in a NFL game with some pretty fast defenders on the field. Most likely nothing major wrong with the knee by the way he ran on it and by the MRI. Lets see how bad the knee is after he goes under the knife from a quack.The cut back was after the so called injury.
Reply/Quote