Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-freakin'-believable game!
Okay... I wasn't going to post, but I have to because I just needed to get this off my mind.

First of all, I want to congratulate the Bengals for WINNING that game. I'm not kidding, y'all actually won that game.

Here's how:

1) Your linebacker, I think his name was Burfict, INTERCEPTS a pass with 1:32 left in the game.

2) Bengals at this time were winning 16-15.

3) A couple of running plays to get ANOTHER first down will have forced the Steelers to burn their timeouts and basically burn their time.

NOW

The above 3 things assumes there would be NO FUMBLE from the Bengals during the running plays.

Piece of cake, right? I told my girl, the game was over and the Bengals have finally won that playoff game.

That last 1:32 minutes of play was the most drama filled NFL game I've watched - EVER! I could not believe how a team could LOSE THAT GAME when they had the game in hand.

A fumble and 2 penalties later, the Steelers kick a field goal.

Steelers win against all odds.

Some Vegas fools who bet on the Bengals were either crying their eyes out or have committed suicide. I don't know. Maybe they should buy a powerball ticket.

Un-freakin'-believble game!

I have to hand it to you Bengal fans, you root for possibly the most entertaining team in the NFL!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I was typing up a "congrats on your victory, we'll save a seat for you next week" post in the game day thread when the fumble happened. That ending was so ugly.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was typing up a "congrats on your victory, we'll save a seat for you next week" post in the game day thread when the fumble happened. That ending was so ugly.

I was typing up a similar thread for smack talk.  The whole game was so ugly - on both sides and in the stands - that I didn't really celebrate so much as just stand there shocked.  The bloodbaths against the Ravens were never like this - they at least seemed to respect each other.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:54 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I was typing up a similar thread for smack talk.  The whole game was so ugly - on both sides and in the stands - that I didn't really celebrate so much as just stand there shocked.  The bloodbaths against the Ravens were never like this - they at least seemed to respect each other.  

Who in the hell can respect a team whose coaches grab and pull opposing players on the sideline and have coaches that come out onto the field to jaw at opponents? That's not even considering the amount of times players on the team push, pull, step on or try to shove their hand up an opponents ass.

The steelers are clearly the dirtiest bunch of douchebags in the NFL today. 

They deserve zero respect from anyone.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who in the hell can respect a team whose coaches grab and pull opposing players on the sideline and have coaches that come out onto the field to jaw at opponents? That's not even considering the amount of times players on the team push, pull, step on or try to shove their hand up an opponents ass.

The steelers are clearly the dirtiest bunch of douchebags in the NFL today. 

They deserve zero respect from anyone.

I read that a former player from the Steelers (I think his name was Joey Porter) is now a coach for them and he was out IN THE FIELD with a Bengals player trash talking the Bengal player?!! I think the Bengals player in question is Adam Jones. How is this not a flag against Joey Porter? I didn't think coaches can do that against opposing players? What's the rule about coaches trash talking the opponents player ON THE FIELD, not the sideline?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:26 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I read that a former player from the Steelers (I think his name was Joey Porter) is now a coach for them and he was out IN THE FIELD with a Bengals player trash talking the Bengal player?!! I think the Bengals player in question is Adam Jones. How is this not a flag against Joey Porter? I didn't think coaches can do that against opposing players? What's the rule about coaches trash talking the opponents player ON THE FIELD, not the sideline?  Mellow

Porter will def get fined.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:26 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I read that a former player from the Steelers (I think his name was Joey Porter) is now a coach for them and he was out IN THE FIELD with a Bengals player trash talking the Bengal player?!! I think the Bengals player in question is Adam Jones. How is this not a flag against Joey Porter? I didn't think coaches can do that against opposing players? What's the rule about coaches trash talking the opponents player ON THE FIELD, not the sideline?  Mellow

Porter had a good game. Smirk
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:54 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I was typing up a similar thread for smack talk.  The whole game was so ugly - on both sides and in the stands - that I didn't really celebrate so much as just stand there shocked.  The bloodbaths against the Ravens were never like this - they at least seemed to respect each other.  

It will only get worse. This game was officiated by morons. The hit on Gio created the most fierce response from a Bengals team I have ever seen. Look for more of it and better have a crew that knows what they are doing. They missed the Gio and Eifert penalties and then with the game on the line call the Burfict head with a freaking shoulder. The NFL is a joke,
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It will only get worse. This game was officiated by morons. The hit on Gio created the most foerce response from a Bengals team I have ever seen. Look for more of it and better have a crew that knows what they are doing. They missed the Gio and Eifert penalties and then with the game on the line call the Burfict head with a freaking shoulder. The NFL is a joke,

Gio was an established runner.

Eiffert? What? Are you talking about the hit in the first quarter? Not even close to being a penalty - get off the JN koolaid.

Brown was a defenseless receiver, Burfict took 3 steps as the ball bounced off the turf 15 yards away and blasted Brown right in the helmet.

It's one thing to be a homer, but you aren't even being internally consistent. Somehow the Eifert hit should have been a penalty, but not the shot to brown's helmet? I think someone's chucked bottle bounced off you head and gave you a concussion last night.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:14 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Gio was an established runner.

Eiffert? What? Are you talking about the hit in the first quarter? Not even close to being a penalty - get off the JN koolaid.

Brown was a defenseless receiver, Burfict took 3 steps as the ball bounced off the turf 15 yards away and blasted Brown right in the helmet.

It's one thing to be a homer, but you aren't even being internally consistent. Somehow the Eifert hit should have been a penalty, but not the shot to brown's helmet? I think someone's chucked bottle bounced off you head and gave you a concussion last night.

Check the rules ass wipe. The guy launched upward (left his feet against Eifert, a clear penalty. The Gio hit was criminal helmet to helmet with the crown of his helmet outside the tackle box. He better be suspended. The media and steelers fans are one voice. I am listening to some idiot rant about how bad the Bengals were last night who is obviously a closet Steelers fan. He is a joke. Burfict was running full speed and hit him legally with a shoulder. But, these refs made sure the Steelers got every called while screwing the Bengals

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Check the rules ass wipe. The guy launched upward (left his feet against Eifert, a clear penalty. The Gio hit was criminal helmet to helmet with the crown of his helmet outside the tackle box. He better be suspended. The media and steelers fans are one voice. I am listening to some idiot rant about how bad the Bengals were last night who is obviously a closet Steelers fan. He is a joke. Burfict was running full speed and hit him legally with a shoulder. But, these refs made sure the Steelers got every called while screwing the Bengals

Launching is only a penalty if the receiver is hit in the helmet or the defender leads a hit with the helmet. Everything else I already explained.

If the refs wanted to screw the bengals, they wouldn't have blew the play dead before Shazier could walk in for the easy TD. They would have also flagged the group celebration on the bengals D when they ran through the tunnel.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:25 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Launching is only a penalty if the receiver is hit in the helmet or the defender leads a hit with the helmet. Everything else I already explained.

If the refs wanted to screw the bengals, they wouldn't have blew the play dead before Shazier could walk in for the easy TD. They would have also flagged the group celebration on the bengals D when they ran through the tunnel.

We are used to the NFL screwing us. I understand why you think the refs are awesome since your team gets handed Super Bowls (Seattle). The guy did hot Eifert on the head area after he launched. Ml said it best, they called this calls differently all night based on uniform color versus the rules. FYI. James Harrison agreed the Burfict hit was legal

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: FYI. James Harrison agreed the Burfict hit was legal

That's because he makes those hits all the time, hits Bengals fans call dirty, and is defending his play style.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's because he makes those hits all the time, hits Bengals fans call dirty, and is defending his play style.

If Burfict faces suspension next year for his hit, the Shazier should be suspended this week as his hit was the more illegal of the two, not even close.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We are used to the NFL screwing us. I understand why you think the refs are awesome since your team gets handed Super Bowls (Seattle). The guy did hot Eifert on the head area after he launched. Ml said it best, they called this calls differently all night based on uniform color versus the rules. FYI. James Harrison agreed the Burfict hit was legal

James Harrison calls every hit good football, regardless of the team. I'd be surprised if he said otherwise.

Whining about the refs in a game where the opponent was penalized for literally 80% (almost double) the amount of yards as your team is ********. If Burifct's hit on ben was done on McAron you and almost everyone else would have called that dirty as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:53 AM)6andcounting Wrote: James Harrison calls every hit good football, regardless of the team. I'd be surprised if he said otherwise.

Whining about the refs in a game where the opponent was penalized for literally 80% (almost double) the amount of yards as your team is ********. If Burifct's hit on ben was done on McAron you and almost everyone else would have called that dirty as well.
Yeah a tackle on your 300LB QB was dirty? If you think that, you are a bigger joke than I already knew you were.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yeah a tackle on your 300LB QB was dirty? If you think that, you are a bigger joke than I already knew you were.

I never said it was dirty. I was making fun of you for whining.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I never said it was dirty. I was making fun of you for whining.

Have at it, I guarantee if the roles were reversed you would also be upset. I don't mind losing, I have major issues getting screwed out of a win.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have at it, I guarantee if the roles were reversed you would also be upset. I don't mind losing, I have major issues getting screwed out of a win.
If I am going to accuse the league of being involved in a conspiracy to blatantly cheat my team out of a win, I'd imagine I'd pick a game when the opponent didn't get more penalties and nearly twice as many penalty yards as my team. That's just me.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:06 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If I am going to accuse the league of being involved in a conspiracy to blatantly cheat my team out of a win, I'd imagine I'd pick a game when the opponent didn't get more penalties and nearly twice as many penalty yards as my team. That's just me.

I chose the Seattle and Steelers Super Bowl years ago. That game opened my eyes to the real NFL.

Reply/Quote