Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unarmed Marines stop Paris gunman
Quote:Unarmed US marine was shot in the NECK as he overpowered train gunman: American duo saved hundreds of lives when they jumped on Kalashnikov-wielding terrorist after he came out of toilet and began opening fire on terrified passengers

A suspected Moroccan terrorist opened fire with a Kalashnikov on board a high speed train in northern France
Eyewitnesses said two U.S. Marines on the train disarmed the 26-year-old gunman and pinned him to the ground
French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve praised the Marines who almost certainly 'averted a disaster'
The gunman is understood to have boarded the train, which had more than 500 passengers, in Brussels, Belgium

Quote:One of the hero Marines who foiled a planned terror attack on a French train was shot in the neck while disarming the crazed gunman on Friday.

The two unarmed servicemen spotted the 26-year-old Moroccan acting suspiciously and heard him trying to arm his weapon in the toilet of the high speed train between Amsterdam and Paris.

The gunman got on the train in Brussels and attempted his attack soon after crossing the French border.

The 26-year-old Moroccan national, who was known to security services, came out of the toilet brandishing the gun and opened fire. Fortunately, two US Marines were nearby and overpowered him before he could massacre passengers.

The suspected terrorist had at least nine full magazines of ammunition holding almost 300 rounds. He was also carrying a knife.

Unfortunately, one of the Marines was shot although his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

Quote:Pentagon spokesman Commander William Urban said: 'We are aware of the reports and can only confirm that one military member was injured in the incident.'

US President Barack Obama praised the 'courage and quick thinking' of the men.

Reports from Spain named the 26-year-old attacker as Ayoub el-Qahzzani.

El Pais claimed that the terror suspect had recently been in Syria before returning to Europe to launch his attack.

It is understood that the gunman boarded the train, which had more than 550 passengers on board, in Brussels and made his move as soon as it crossed into France.

Quote:French media claim that the suspect was previously known to French security services and was living in Spain. He has already been linked to a number of radical Islamic groups. He was classed, according to FranceInfo.fr as 'potentially dangerous'.

Speaking in Arras, French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve praised the Marines for their timely intervention.

He said: 'Thanks to them we have averted a drama.

'(The Americans were) particularly courageous and showed extreme bravery in extremely difficult circumstances.'

The man was arrested by police near the town of Arras in northern France.

Belgian journalist Marin Buxant Tweeted that the US Marines were on leave in Brussels when they spotted the man and followed him on the train. When the suspect went into the toilet, the Marines recognised the sound of a weapon being armed and decided to act immediately.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3206426/U-S-Marines-armed-gunman-onboard-high-speed-train-Amsterdam-Paris.html?ito=social-facebook

It doesn't always take a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun. Sometimes it just takes a good guy or two.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Merica
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't **** with U.S. Marines!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks to them but it was in Belgium / France border not in Paris.

Well, every 15 days, it happens now ...
Reply/Quote
Oorah
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 06:58 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Thanks to them but it was in Belgium / France border not in Paris.

Well, every 15 days, it happens now ...

Belgium... France... same thing, right? Wink Tongue

Just kidding!

Love ya, bro!
Reply/Quote
Update: It was not two Marines (darn gloryhounds!). It was a USAF Airman, a National Guardsman, a college student from Sacramento State, and an Englishman.

[Image: ap_915287401713_wide-2e13014f763208f7b2a...00-c85.jpg]

Quote:In an image obtained from the Facebook page of the mayor of Arras, Fredric Leturque, from left to right, Anthony Sadler, a senior at Sacramento State University, Alek Skarlatos, U.S. National Guardsman from Roseburg, Oregon, and Briton Chris Norman, who helped subdue the alleged gunman, along with Air Force serviceman Spencer Stone, who was hospitalized with serious wounds

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/08/22/433742051/3-americans-hailed-as-heroes-for-subduing-train-gunman?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150822
Reply/Quote
Quote:Cazeneuve said that when a French passenger tried to enter a toilet on the train, he was encountered the gunman and tried, but failed to overpower him. The assailant's gun was then fired. A French-American passenger was hit by the bullet.

That's when, Sadler tells the AP, that the three heard a gunshot and breaking glass and then saw a train employee running down an aisle, followed by a man carrying an automatic rifle.

"As he was cocking it to shoot it, Alek just yells, 'Spencer, go!' And Spencer runs down the aisle," Sadler said. "Spencer makes first contact, he tackles the guy, Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a box cutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."

"He didn't say anything. He was just telling us to give back his gun. 'Give me back my gun! Give me back my gun!' But we just carried on beating him up and immobilized him and that was it," Spencer said.

Skarlatos was quoted by Sky News as saying "Spencer got to the guy first and grabbed the guy by the neck."

"I grabbed the handgun, got that away from the guy and threw it. Then I grabbed the AK-47 (Kalashnikov), which was at his feet, and started muzzle-bumping him in the head with it," Skarlatos said. "Everybody just started beating the guy while Spencer held the chokehold until he went unconscious."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 12:41 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Update: It was not two Marines (darn gloryhounds!). It was a USAF Airman, a National Guardsman, a college student from Sacramento State, and an Englishman.

[Image: ap_915287401713_wide-2e13014f763208f7b2a...00-c85.jpg]

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/08/22/433742051/3-americans-hailed-as-heroes-for-subduing-train-gunman?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150822
Don't **** with them either!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 11:51 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Belgium... France... same thing, right? Wink Tongue

Just kidding!

Love ya, bro!

I love Belgium.

People are really nice there. Very funny.
Reply/Quote
Takes American Marines to save French people....again.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 05:56 PM)Beaker Wrote: Takes American Marines to save French people....again.

There were many nationalities in there. It was a train from Amsterdam to Paris and the terrorist entered the train in Brussels. 

This is a false statement.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 07:57 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: There were many nationalities in there. It was a train from Amsterdam to Paris and the terrorist entered the train in Brussels. 

Takes American Marines to save western Europeans....again.

There, is that better?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 10:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Takes American Marines to save western Europeans....again.

There, is that better?

But we would all be speaking British if not for the Marquis de LaFayette and the French Navy.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But we would all be speaking British if not for the Marquis de LaFayette and the French Navy.

French resistance did a lot to help at Normandy as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But we would all be speaking British if not for the Marquis de LaFayette and the French Navy.

We do speak British....just not with the same accent.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 10:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Takes American Marines to save western Europeans....again.

There, is that better?

Actually, the Marines have never done much in Europe. During WWII, they fought almost exclusively in the Pacific. With NATO, they would sometimes go to Norway to train. But, generally, it has always been our Army and Air Force in Europe. And of course, the Squids to sail us across the ocean.
Reply/Quote
The French know how to deal with terrorists (see video):

But, I believe the train in this story was in Belgium when this happened anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 07:57 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: There were many nationalities in there. It was a train from Amsterdam to Paris and the terrorist entered the train in Brussels. 

(08-23-2015, 06:08 PM)jason Wrote: French resistance did a lot to help at Normandy as well.

(08-23-2015, 06:15 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, the Marines have never done much in Europe. During WWII, they fought almost exclusively in the Pacific. With NATO, they would sometimes go to Norway to train. But, generally, it has always been our Army and Air Force in Europe. And of course, the Squids to sail us across the ocean.

You guys watch too much History Channel. It was tongue in cheek...the old rude American in Paris claiming they'd still be speaking German if it weren't for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 09:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: You guys watch too much History Channel.

I love the History Channel! You get too sciency and then act like the rude American.
Reply/Quote