Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbelievable in the AFC North
Just watch. Cleveland will upset Bmore, Dallas will take care of Pitt with a still injured Ben, and going into Monday night, Balt will be 4-5 Pitt will be 4-5 and if we win, we will be right in the lead at 4-4-1 and it's a whole new season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 12:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Just watch. Cleveland will upset Bmore, Dallas will take care of Pitt with a still injured Ben, and going into Monday night, Balt will be 4-5 Pitt will be 4-5 and if we win, we will be right in the lead at 4-4-1 and it's a whole new season.

It would be funny to be the division leader at 4-4-1.... Sad how weak the AFCN is this year. I thought it was going to be a weak division this year, but I thought the Bengals would be a lot better than what are right now. I thought the offense would have had a rocky start but finish strong, but I thought that the defense would play a LOT better than they are right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If things hold up the Bengals, as awful as they are, will be a half game out of first place, on the loss side!!!

Ravens defense looking very similar to the defense of old.

Looks like the great QB warrior should have stayed on the sideline today!!

He needed to polish that Drama Queen Tiara a bit longer...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 06:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If things play out correctly, we could leap over Pitt into second place next week.  Baltimore hosts Cleveland, so that's a W for them.  But, if we can beat the Giants, and if Dak and the 'Boys can take care of bidness in Pitt, we're 4-4-1 and alone in second place, just a half game behind Balt.  Not too bad a spot with seven games to play.

A part of me says the exact same thing, but then the smart part of me says:  "what makes you think this defense is suddenly going to remember how to play aggressive football?"  They haven't changed a thing with their weak-ass scheme and they have been TORCHED by the likes of Simeon, Prescott, and Cousins.  What do we think Manning would do against them?  

Until I see a defense that looks more interested than I do when my wife has some "Real Sluts of Whatever City" on TV, then I don't see them catching anyone.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 09:16 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Okay call me a dreamer. The Bengals are basically the same team as last year, give or take a few players, Jones, Sanu, Nelson. But they get Gilberry back which stabilizes the defense to a certain extent. Burfict has had time to get himself back into his old dominant role as linebacker and leader of the defense. Eifert is back and healthy and ready to score some TD's. The AFCN is up for grabs and the schedule is easier the second half of the season. Bengals win the division with a 10-5-1 record.

I'm not trying to flame you...actually, I used to think like you do.  But Gilberry would stabilize the defense?  He is going to play LB, S, or CB?  The back end of the Bengals defense looks unprepared, slow, and tentative.  That is what makes me so angry.  The offense could really be rolling by the time the end of the season rolls around (it actually looks pretty good right now) but the "don't give up the big play so we will just die 10 yards at a time" defense of Breshnahan past has made zero adjustments and are one of the worst units in all of football.  

There is nothing I would rather see more than the Bengals defense finding their old, aggressive nature, and playing really strong down the stretch, but I just don't see it with this group.  They are old (Jones, Peko), fat (Maualuga, Burfict), and slow (MJ, Dansby).  When your surprise player on defense is Margus Hunt, you are in trouble.  

Pray Praying for this team to prove me wrong.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 12:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Just watch. Cleveland will upset Bmore, Dallas will take care of Pitt with a still injured Ben, and going into Monday night, Balt will be 4-5 Pitt will be 4-5 and if we win, we will be right in the lead at 4-4-1 and it's a whole new season.

I can COMPLETELY see this happening...and the Giants beat the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Now imagine if Nugent wasn't so damn awful at football. They'd be tied for first.

Or, even if Will Clarke was better at catching footballs that land in his hands by surprise.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Baltimore is not good, they are the product of a cake schedule.

Pittsburgh and us will be playing for the division when they come to PBS later this season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I do not look at the win column due to bye weeks....I look at the loss column......Bengals, Steelers, Ravens all have 4 losses....The Bengals are very much in this race.

But Baltimore, Shitsburg and Cincy have had their bye weeks. So while the LOSSES are equal, WE have one less win ... and that's what matters.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Now imagine if Nugent wasn't so damn awful at football. They'd be tied for first.

True, but if the kickers for the Jets and DC Squad weren't so damn awful at football we'd be 2-6!
Reply/Quote

Or the opposite happens ...

We get handled in NY and Pitt pulls an upset over Dallas Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 10:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Baltimore is not good, they are the product of a cake schedule.

Pittsburgh and us will be playing for the division when they come to PBS later this season.

Their D looked STOUT yesterday. They shut down everything and everyone !!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 07:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Or the opposite happens ...

We get handled in NY and Pitt pulls an upset over Dallas Sad

Much more likely, unfortunately.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: All kidding aside, if they lose Monday, then you can almost bet losses in the last 2 big stagers against Houston and Pittsburgh.  The way the Ravens D looks, we will be fortunate for a split with them so that's 4 losses which means they would have to win in Buffalo, beat the Eagles at home, and the Browns in Cleveland, plus the split with Ravens, which would leave them 7-8-1, which is what my first half finish prediction was changed to.

Don't think it's going to happen this year.

If the reports about Brown finally having concerns about Lewis are accurate, and if they don't make the playoffs along with a losing record, he (Brown) just may go to Lewis with the GM plan.  

Thing is I've never heard ANY articles or quotes expressing Brown's concern before, so there's that!

BTW right now it does look like both WC teams will come from the West, assuming no meltdown in the division, and unless there is a complete meltdown in the North, like there was in the NFC South in 2014, a division win would be the only way the Bengals get it in and I don't see it.

.....and if he does this....it will be the typical Mike Clown bumbling way.  A day late and a dollar short. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 07:58 PM)Whacked Wrote: Their D looked STOUT yesterday. They shut down everything and everyone !!

The Ravens defense looked pretty decent but I think a lot of that had to do with the Pitts ineptitude on offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 08:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bengals still in it based on the current standings. However, I think we lose at the Giants next week which will put us in a must win situation the rest of the season. 8-7-1 might just squeak in.

I don't know, Eli is still trying to give games away. He almost gave away yesterday's game. Tossed an INT with 1:40 to go and less than a TD down. FG if the other team hadn't been going for it on 4th so much and instead had taken a couple of FGs. The Giants got Lucky, they aren't that good.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 08:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As bad as this division is, maybe 8-7-1 will take it.
I am surprised there are no threads about yesterday's Ravens-Steelers game. Both their defenses make the Bengals' D look like a third place team in the AFCN. However, the offenses were both offensive all game. Why can't the Bengals catch the Stoolers when they are totally inept like last night? Have you ever seen so many penalties. There were some that mercifully didn't get called or that "game" may still be going. Tucker is some kind of kicker though. Yep 8-7-1 might just be enough...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 08:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Much more likely, unfortunately.  
Historically true sad to say. "Book it, Danno.

I noticed the Ravens tackled Bell around the ankles and dropped him every time. The Bengals try to tackle the shoulder pads and always lose the battle. What happened to tackling 101? Maybe there is a book they can read during this bye week. E.g. Tackling for Dummies. Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 09:53 PM)Derrick Wrote: I am surprised there are no threads about yesterday's Ravens-Steelers game. Both their defenses make the Bengals' D look like a third place team in the AFCN. However, the offenses were both offensive all game. Why can't the Bengals catch the Stoolers when they are totally inept like last night? Have you ever seen so many penalties. There were some that mercifully didn't get called or that "game" may still be going. Tucker is some kind of kicker though. Yep 8-7-1 might just be enough...

I'd just chalk it up to division games are weird. The Ravens kinda have the Steelers' number. The Steelers own us. We own the Ravens, and the Browns are...awful. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Nuge
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote