Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Undefeated against all other AFC Playoff teams
We are the only undefeated team against other AFC playoff teams. Times have changed.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We are the only undefeated team against other AFC playoff teams. Times have changed.

Lets keep it up. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's turned into a "lose against the teams we should beat and win against the teams we shouldn't", times. Lol
Reply/Quote
So they beat the Steelers twice, Raiders, and Chiefs. Titans and KC at their house will be tough outs. I do not understand how the Steelers are hanging around. Blows my mind.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So they beat the Steelers twice, Raiders, and Chiefs.  Titans and KC at their house will be tough outs.  I do not understand how the Steelers are hanging around.  Blows my mind.

Yep, just looking at their record I'm like - huh? I've watched probably half their games this year. They'd have the same record as us if they didn't tie the Lions!

They are definitely the type to say it's a new season now, everyone's 0-0. They've done this before, start the year poorly and then somehow end up in the playoffs and win a couple.

I'm still convinced Ben is waffling about retirement and used it as a motivational statement. Even though all signs are pointing otherwise, he's the lying type.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 05:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yep, just looking at their record I'm like - huh? I've watched probably half their games this year. They'd have the same record as us if they didn't tie the Lions!

They are definitely the type to say it's a new season now, everyone's 0-0. They've done this before, start the year poorly and then somehow end up in the playoffs and win a couple.

I'm still convinced Ben is waffling about retirement and used it as a motivational statement. Even though all signs are pointing otherwise, he's the lying type.

I don't understand it.  Steelers look awful to me 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 06:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't understand it.  Steelers look awful to me 

Maybe they are copying our old style from 10 years ago?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Damn, that's actually a crazy stat. Anytime we've had a good regular season and made the playoffs, I always had the feeling we weren't really there with the elite. Well this stat proves we very much hang with anyone in the AFC. Time to do it in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So they beat the Steelers twice, Raiders, and Chiefs.  Titans and KC at their house will be tough outs.  I do not understand how the Steelers are hanging around.  Blows my mind.

Would be awesome if Pitt knocks out KC in the opening round. Highly unlikely...but with covid who knows 
Reply/Quote
don't forget they also took 2 NFC playoff teams to OT before losing too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:02 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Would be awesome if Pitt knocks out KC in the opening round. Highly unlikely...but with covid who knows 

I would highly doubt anyone offers up a COVID test unless they are too sick to function. It’s not a coincidence there was only 2 placed on COVID list today when Monday usually 60/70 over the past few week go on it on Monday. 1 was on practice squad too. P
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We are the only undefeated team against other AFC playoff teams. Times have changed.

Make it 7-0 and avenge the loss against Green Bay

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
History is odd.. so last playoff game we were favored was the Chargers back in 2013 season, the Chargers game in on a 4 game winning streak with a OT win on last game of season to get into playoffs (Raiders on the same). We had beat them 17-10 before they went on the 4 game winning streak. Raiders won 5 out of 7 last games after we beat them.

I would say this game over any game since 2009 loss to the Jets, we are the most sound favorite and with the health of this team, the level Burrow and offense is playing and really the lack of skilled offensive players of the Raiders we are in the best position to win .

Lets go Take Care of Business
Reply/Quote

Any stats/history about teams who went into the playoffs with an undefeated record against the other AFC playoff teams?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:43 PM)pally Wrote: don't forget they also took 2 NFC playoff teams to OT before losing too

Yes. SF and GB. This board could argue all day that we should have won both of those games. I chalk it up to being a intricate part of the development and growth of this our team through this season. It seams this team learns and grows together every game from the HC down to the kicker. I strongly feel this is why we've been so lethal lately.

Reply/Quote
We’re gonna be undefeated against playoff teams during the playoffs too.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 06:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't understand it.  Steelers look awful to me 

You know record wise we are only 1/2 game better.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

thats good but regular season wins mean nothing now.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 05:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: You know record wise we are only 1/2 game better.  Mellow

The Bengals are so much better than the Steelers gosh this makes me sick
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote