Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undefeated ?
We have to play Pissburgh again, Baltimore again (though that just got a whole lot easier with Smith out for the year), Browns twice. It's hard to sweep the division. Then there is Denver and Arizona, neither of which are gimmes....
Reply/Quote
If we get to 10-0 by beating Arizona in Arizona. then we can have this discussion.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If we get to 10-0 by beating Arizona in Arizona.  then we can have this discussion.

Well said. @ Arizona is going to be another good test for the offense and defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If we get to 10-0 by beating Arizona in Arizona.  then we can have this discussion.

I'm sorry, I forgot to get permission.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:21 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly who else on our schedule do you see beating us? I don't see us losing to the Browns again at our place on Thursday, I don't see us losing to the terrible Texans, I don't see us losing to the Broncos because Peyton has been playing terrible and the AFC north is ours for the taking I don't think we even lose in the AFC North so do you think we could be looking at an undefeated season ?

I am guessing the broncos and rams. We will not go undefeated.
Reply/Quote
Lol the rams have no chance. The Cardinals don't have that much of a chance. Denver and the Steelers are the only teams that could give us a run, and I think we could beat either.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why people are worried about the Browns this year. We will sweep the Browns and baltimore, probably drop one to Denver or st louis. By the time we play the stools again we will already be in playoff mode so we will be playing our 2nd stringers. My guess is 13-3 and a first round bye as the 2nd seed.
Reply/Quote
Let's see what we do against the Browns. There is no such thing as a bad win over the Steelers BUT I don't think immediately following our imploding, Ben's extra big implosion, and still coming one play from losing the game is the best time to start wondering how we could ever lose.

Er, basically we play like we do today and the opposing team doesn't toss 3 picks and overshoot a game winner? That could stop our winning streak. Today was too flippin' close!
Reply/Quote
Is it possible? Yes. Yes it is.

The Bengals have a very talented roster, very healthy, and although Burfict returned you could tell he wasn't playing 100%. But he still had an impact.

Browns always give the Bengals a tough time. Plus, it's a primetime game, another thing the Bengals have to get off of their back. Steelers are obviously tough and talented. Ravens are no gimme. Denver blew everyone away tonight. Cardinals and Rams have a ton of poential, but have had up and down games. Texans and 49ers are meh.
Reply/Quote
The Cards, Steelers, and Broncos will all be tough.

I'm guessing we finish the season 12-4 or 13-3.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
Johnny Fartball may be suiting up on Thursday, and there hain't NO way we lose to that bum. I'm more interested in seeing Dalton, Eifert, and/or Hill bounce back from a less than stunning performance.
Reply/Quote
Rams will also be tough.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
No they will not finish undefeated.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals can go undefeated but then again, anything is possible.

The Rams scare me big time. That running game they have going right now is legit but with Burfict back and he should be in much better shape by that game plus the game being in Cincinnati, I'm feeling better about it.

The Cardonals scare me as well. Palmer is going to want some revenge and while Palmer has played against the Bengals since leaving, that was here and this game will be there.

Then you have the Broncos in Denver. After seeing the Broncos take the Packers to the woodshed, the game against the Bengals could be a loss for the good guys.

So, 13-3 isn't to shabby but then again, anything is possible and the Bengals could just as easily go 19-0 and becoming the team that cause the 72 Dolfins to not pop that bubbly.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with the consensus that Rams - Cardinals - Broncos look toughest challenges to going undefeated

Rams running game and their front 4 looks a tough match up. I think this is one of those games where we really could do with jumping out to an early lead. If we do that than N Foles and their passing game does not worry me and we win.

Arizona should scare me - especially with their vertical passing game looking great, and its at their stadium - but for some reason I'm feeling OK on this one right now (probably misplaced!).

Palmer has played really well but I see turnovers for us in that game. I really trust Reggie Nelson on the deep routes and as long as Dre K does not blow any assignments i can see int/fumbles giving us good field position.

Denver - evening game at Mile High is tough and we've not got a good record there. This game for me is about the O Line ...need to keep Miller/Ware at bay and find some way of getting 20+ points on the board.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:21 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly who else on our schedule do you see beating us? I don't see us losing to the Browns again at our place on Thursday, I don't see us losing to the terrible Texans, I don't see us losing to the Broncos because Peyton has been playing terrible and the AFC north is ours for the taking I don't think we even lose in the AFC North so do you think we could be looking at an undefeated season ?

Denver at Denver is going to be tough.  And the Rams have a very good defense.  I think we will beat Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's see what we do against the Browns.  There is no such thing as a bad win over the Steelers BUT I don't think immediately following our imploding, Ben's extra big implosion, and still coming one play from losing the game is the best time to start wondering how we could ever lose.

Er, basically we play like we do today and the opposing team doesn't toss 3 picks and overshoot a game winner?  That could stop our winning streak.  Today was too flippin' close!

Nitpicking here, but that was never going to be a game winner at the end.  If the ball had been on target, Reggie would've had 3 picks.  He was right there to make the play.  Brown was not open when the ball got there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: Thanks bro :) and idk man Arizona is beatable and so is Denver 

I completely agree, and it is all about matchups.  Denver's secondary has Talib (what a toolbag) but their depth can't match up with AJ, MLJ, Sanu, Eifert, etc.

The AZ game, if the Bengals get to 9-0, is the one that worries me the most.  Not because I want to give them any credit, but because it will be traveling after a short week.  If the Bengals are able to get that win, at 10-0, things would start getting very interesting from a potential undefeated season standpoint.

And I am not going to poo-poo that discussion....we are not the players and we don't have to worry about being caught looking past an opponent.  This is what is fun about being a fan.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 08:31 AM)McC Wrote: Nitpicking here, but that was never going to be a game winner at the end.  If the ball had been on target, Reggie would've had 3 picks.  He was right there to make the play.  Brown was not open when the ball got there.

Oh, I'm not saying that last play was close so much as I was sitting there picturing Ben having his bad game but winning drive and jumping up and down like an idiot after limping around like a drama queen before.  The usual stuff I'm sick of seeing Steeler fans gush over.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:54 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think the Bengals can go undefeated but then again, anything is possible.

The Rams scare me big time. That running game they have going right now is legit but with Burfict back and he should be in much better shape by that game plus the game being in Cincinnati, I'm feeling better about it.

The Cardonals scare me as well. Palmer is going to want some revenge and while Palmer has played against the Bengals since leaving, that was here and this game will be there.

Then you have the Broncos in Denver. After seeing the Broncos take the Packers to the woodshed, the game against the Bengals could be a loss for the good guys.

So, 13-3 isn't to shabby but then again, anything is possible and the Bengals could just as easily go 19-0 and becoming the team that cause the 72 Dolfins to not pop that bubbly.

them dolphins from 72 at least have reason to keep watching...
Reply/Quote