Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the Radar prospects
(12-09-2020, 03:29 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ian Book- QB Notre Dame
Reminds me of a young Russell Wilson.  If he’s still available in the later half of the draft, I’d take a flyer on him.  He’s better than any backup we already have on the roster.

I would rather have Desmond Ritter.  I can't believe how that guy has improved and, although I am seeing him projected all over the place, if he is there in a later round I would love his mobility and upside.  

Book has an amazing offensive line in front of him and throws a lot of "Hey, go get it!" balls that would be INTs unless it was someone like Auden Tate against a 5'9" DB all the time.  Not saying the kid hasn't had a good season, but I think he will be overdrafted based on his pedigree.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 06:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some players in the Power 5 conferences that I would consider Under the Radar because they are currently considered Rd 5 picks or later...

Jake Ferguson, TE Wisconsin

Mustafa Johnson, 4-3 DT/3-4 DE Colorado

Talanoa Hufanga, SS USC

I chose Power 5 because I think the Bengals, given their lack of scouting department, typically will look at players from the big conferences.

This guy stands out, big time.  Colorado isn't usually the first place I go looking for defense, but I think this guy has elite potential and it is a relatively thin DT class.  I hope he doesn't destroy the combine and raise a lot of eyebrows.  He played through last year and had a few injuries that might cause his stock to drop.  He doesn't have a ton of techniques, just real quickness.  

I would think with a year of NFL training and diet he could rock up and be a real force.  The thing is, had he stayed healthy and played with better talent around him, he might have been a top 50 pick.  As it is, he might be in a similar situation to Markus Bailey.  He could slide all the way to a Rd 6.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This guy stands out, big time.  Colorado isn't usually the first place I go looking for defense, but I think this guy has elite potential and it is a relatively thin DT class.  I hope he doesn't destroy the combine and raise a lot of eyebrows.  He played through last year and had a few injuries that might cause his stock to drop.  He doesn't have a ton of techniques, just real quickness.  

I would think with a year of NFL training and diet he could rock up and be a real force.  The thing is, had he stayed healthy and played with better talent around him, he might have been a top 50 pick.  As it is, he might be in a similar situation to Markus Bailey.  He could slide all the way to a Rd 6.  

I'd be willing to take Johnson in late Rd 4 or early Rd 5, but I do think he could slide to Rd 6, like you said.
He's not a pro-ready guy, but he has good traits to build on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mijah Smith edge UC. Completely under the radar this year and was destroying Tulsa’s offensive line tonight.

I’m not sure where he is mocked, but I feel like he is going to play a lot of Sunday’s.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 01:55 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Mijah Smith edge UC. Completely under the radar this year and was destroying Tulsa’s offensive line tonight.

I’m not sure where he is mocked, but I feel like he is going to play a lot of Sunday’s.

And he looks like a guy that can still add some size and weight.  Don't know his age, but history says they don't like guys that are maxed out.  They want to build on a good foundation.  Amazing game, btw.
Reply/Quote
Hamilcar Rashed Jr. from Oregon State is a guy that has caught my eye. In 2019 he had 22 TFL and 14 sacks, but has cooled this year. He would be worth a look in round 3 or 4, if available.
Reply/Quote