Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underappreciated Good qualities of Mike Brown Thread - (No Bashing wanted)
(05-12-2017, 09:41 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: His daughter is smokin' hot!

[Image: maury-lie-detector.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:09 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Mike Brown has been the lead man for the bengals for 21 full season.

21 times he has lead an organization to zero playoff wins

He is a laughingstock

So what you are really saying is that he is "Consistent" which is a positive trait. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 05:59 AM)sonofstat Wrote: it's still called 'Paul Brown Stadium'...when just about every thing else in the NFL is sold for sponsorship i like the fact that we have no sold our stadium rights to the highest bidder

Rep.

This is what I was going to say.
Reply/Quote
I think mike brown is generally a good person. He seems very loyal, to a fault even.

Case in point. Expecting Carson palmer to play out his contract. I believe when he signed it he was the highest paid qb.

Point two, not renegotiating Leon halls deal. He was overpaid the last couple years of his deal, imho, but was not asked to re do his deal for cap space, or other reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
This is going to sound a little complicate but I hope I can keep it short.

Are there any of you here who would feel a little guilty if you inherited a ton of money and decided to never work and just blow it all? Some people who are born (or instilled) with a certain value system would feel that even if they have a lot of money they still need to be working and saving. They don't waste anything even if they have more than they need.

Mike Brown is unique among NFL owners. he was not wildly successful in some business that earned him enough money to buy an NFL team. Instead he inherited the family business. If he is ever going to prove his worth at anything it will be running the Bengals. That is why it is so hard for him to step back and hire a GM that would get the credit for building and running the team.

So the way I explain Mike Brown is that the only thing he has to hang his hat on is the football team. If he gives up control of that then he is nothing. And his conservative financial values would be praised by most people here if they were talking about any other person on earth except the owner of their favorite sports team.

One final note....Although I am accused of being a "blind homer" by many people around here I have complained about Mike Brown being too conservative many times. When they completely blew off the '11 season for "rebuilding" I refused to buy a ticket to PBS that year. But I also give them credit for spending over the league salary cap the last couple of seasons.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: maury-lie-detector.jpg]

You cannot tell me that if given the chance, you would turn it down........
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:24 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You cannot tell me that if given the chance, you would turn it down........

Yes, I would turn down Kevin Bacon doppelganger.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, I would turn down Kevin Bacon doppelganger.

I didn't say "no bashing" of Katie, so your Post meets the requirements. Mellow

May need to start an "Underappreciated Good Qualities of KATIE" Thread. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:58 AM)depthchart Wrote: I didn't say "no bashing" of Katie, so your Post meets the requirements. Mellow

May need to start an "Underappreciated Good Qualities of KATIE" Thread. Tongue

She has fine....assets.   :)  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:07 AM)depthchart Wrote: You can join in too, Marlon23.

Just make one Nice Post about MB.

You can do it. Come on. Say something Nice.  :heart:

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-12554-1352958847-1.gif]

Bashing is always allowed this is America!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Beautiful man.

This is so awesomeness. 

Glad you are in agreement. 
Reply/Quote
I like Wendy's burgers......and my grandma had a Chevy Lumina for a while. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He contributes to the gas industry as he drives his money back to a township outside of city limits everyday.
Reply/Quote
I have grown to like his tendency to give out second chances. It may not always make the most football sense, but it makes every sense as a human being.

I loved the way the team supported Devon and Leah Still.
Reply/Quote
Yeah a lot of the Pros people mention are actually Cons in disguise that hurt the on-field product...

The truly great thing the Bengals did was keep the stadium naming rights and not sell out to corporate America for millions. There is something pure about that. I wish more teams did it.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 04:08 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Glad you are in agreement. 

No.  You don't get it.  I am not in agreement at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  You don't get it.  I am not in agreement at all.

No, you are. I appreciate the unwavering support and solidarity.

Mike Brown has run a laughingstock of an franchise for 26, going on 27 years.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 04:21 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: No, you are.  I appreciate the unwavering support and solidarity.

Mike Brown has run a laughingstock of an franchise for 26, going on 27 years.

They have not been a laughingstock during the Marvin era. Not even close. You're projecting your frustration as a fan. 

Reply/Quote
I think hes too loyal to players at times.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
He's loyal. Like, very loyal. Actually one could argue maybe a bit too loyal. But, he's loyal.

Seriously, the guy seems to be a genuinely nice person and I do believe he really does want to bring a championship to Cincinnati before he passes. Will he? Well they say past performance is the best indicator of future success so....
Reply/Quote