Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated matchup against Rams
(02-07-2022, 09:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Under pressure and against the blitz are different things so not sure why I was quoted. He has thrown the 2nd most INTS and the 6th most turnover worthy passes when under pressure, essentially he does really well against the blitz because it gets picked up or he gets it out before pressure gets gone. If he is simply under pressure he makes poor decisions and is a detriment to the team. Essentially the best way to get the team out of rhythm is to get home without extra rushers.

I just put the greater emphasis on our secondary slowing down Kupp and limiting Odell. Those are the two things that worry me the most about the game. If we double Cooper Kupp and are effective in doing so, can we also limit Odell 1-1?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have said it before and will say it again, Reader, Hill, Hendrickson, and Hubbard are going to take all this Rams have the greatest D-line ever talk to heart and will make their presence known in a big way. 

Bengals D-line is not chopped liver and we did not sell our soul to get it like Rams did. Thinking they don't even have a 1st round draft picks until 2025.

Pretty wild that we have virtually the least amount of pressure on us going into this game that I have ever seen going into a SB.

The Chiefs HAD to beat us with the best roster they will have ever and couldn't get it done. The Rams HAVE to win or it is a failure
with all they gave up to win it now. No one is talking about our Defense, no one. The main reason we are here and no one is talking 
about these guys on D. Funny as heck man.

Yes, our D-line will be the biggest reason we win this game and we will force the Rams to commit turnovers. This is what I see when
looking at both teams. Just need our DL to stay healthy in the game and we just need to execute and play disciplined like we have 
done for most of the season.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I don't know guys, according to Rams fans there is NO WAY they win by less than 14+, according to them the games already over and the Rams won the whole damn thing EASILY.

So I guess we don't even need to watch the game.

Love this. They just never learn.  Smirk

(02-07-2022, 09:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Under pressure and against the blitz are different things so not sure why I was quoted. He has thrown the 2nd most INTS and the 6th most turnover worthy passes when under pressure, essentially he does really well against the blitz because it gets picked up or he gets it out before pressure gets gone. If he is simply under pressure he makes poor decisions and is a detriment to the team. Essentially the best way to get the team out of rhythm is to get home without extra rushers.

Which is what we try and do on Defense. We are one of the least blitzing teams in the NFL, we try and get pressure with our
front 4 and our front 3 like we did against Mahomes. This is a good Offense for our Defense to match up against and they have
problems pass protecting with their interior where we are strong with DJ and BJ.

Stafford isn't a runner either so we have less to worry about if he gets out of the pocket than say Mahomes.

(02-07-2022, 09:54 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: After what our Defense accomplished against the Chiefs in the second half of the AFC championship,I have no doubt they can matchup against the Rams.That second half was most impressive.It wasn’t just what they accomplished,but who they accomplished it against.The Chiefs Offense was smoking hot coming into that game.

They had just demolished the Buffalo Bills #1 defense in their win prior to facing the Bengals,to the tune of 42 points.

Yep. The Rams Offense doesn't scare me. Hilton has shut down Kupp before, our Secondary is better than the Buccaneers.

Our Linebackers are playing well and our front is playing great.

(02-07-2022, 10:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the Bengals got pressure on Mahomes rushing THREE, with Hubbard in a coverage spy role. They also used a bunch of different secondary alignments which essentially removed presnap reads from the Chief offense.

So true. If we can do even close to what we did against Mahomes in that 2nd half Stafford WILL struggle.
Reply/Quote
Awuzie on Beckham
Hilton + Bates on Kupp
Apple on Jefferson
Flowers on Higbee as appropriate

Looks manageable to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 11:41 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Awuzie on Beckham
Hilton + Bates on Kupp
Apple on Jefferson
Flowers on Higbee as appropriate

Looks manageable to me.

Sure does, I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
When a team gives up 9 sacks in a playoff game people are obviously going to talk about their o-line/pass blocking.

When a team has Aaron Donald, Von Miller, and Leonard Floyd people will talk about their d-line/pass rush

But there is more to the game than just that matchup.
Reply/Quote
The thing that really encourages me that the Bengals have a good chance of winning this game,is the fact that I’m very impressed with the way this defense is playing together as a unit since they’ve entered the postseason.

The Rams defense,on the other hand,are going to try to do to Joe Burrow,what the Buccaneers done to Patrick Mahomes and his banged up Offensive Line last year in the Super Bowl.And we all know how that turned out.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:57 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The thing that really encourages me that the Bengals have a good chance of winning this game,is the fact that I’m very impressed with the way this defense is playing together as a unit since they’ve entered the postseason.

The Rams defense,on the other hand,are going to try to do to Joe Burrow,what the Buccaneers done to Patrick Mahomes and his banged up Offensive Line last year in the Super Bowl.And we all know how that turned out.

We will see how Burrow holds up. He has been great under pressure this season so there is definitely hope.

We need to have a great plan with our RB's and TE's chipping and not so many empty sets like Burrow loves in this game.

Our OL will need all the help they can get.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I don't know guys, according to Rams fans there is NO WAY they win by less than 14+, according to them the games already over and the Rams won the whole damn thing EASILY.

So I guess we don't even need to watch the game.

I know..I don't even know why we watched the playoffs since all those teams played so much more impressively than the Bengals/.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's one little stat I saw on some talking head youtube thing..I think it was CBS even..
Joe Burrow hasn't lost a single game all season when the Bengals are considered the underdog.. He's 6-0 in those games..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote