Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underreported Point on Puerto Rico
(10-01-2017, 06:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Puerto Rico: Where you can be taxed and drafted into the Army (if the drafted is reinstated), but you cannot vote for the President or a Congressional representative.

I seem to recall a group of people getting upset about this kind of crap about 240 years ago.

Oh well. Maybe after this hurricane business is over, we can just tuck them back under the mat and forget about them again.

Maybe the Mayor will take all the canned food she says she doesn't have and dump it into the ocean dressed as Trump.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-01-2017, 06:36 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Maybe the Mayor will take all the canned food she says she doesn't have and dump it into the ocean dressed as Trump.

If she says she doesn't have it, why would you think she actually does have it?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-01-2017, 06:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: If she says she doesn't have it, why would you think she actually does have it?

She's making a name for herself by causing a huge scene and switching from praising to attacking Trump literally overnight instead of meeting with FEMA about the 10,000 shipping containers of resources that have been sitting at her port since Wednesday.

That's not my opinion though...

"Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/neighboring-mayor-praises-trump-says-san-juan-mayor-playing-politics-awol-at-meetings/article/2636185
(10-01-2017, 06:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: She's making a name for herself by causing a huge scene and switching from praising to attacking Trump literally overnight instead of meeting with FEMA about the 10,000 shipping containers of resources that have been sitting at her port since Wednesday.

That's not my opinion though...

"Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/neighboring-mayor-praises-trump-says-san-juan-mayor-playing-politics-awol-at-meetings/article/2636185

Could be. I haven't been keeping up on what everyone claims. And politicians are politicians after all.

Actually, the situation in PR reminds me a lot of the situation in Katrina in some respects. Namely, they are having a hard time getting to some of the places hit because infrastructure is so damaged.

I tended to take the Bush Admin's word for the situation back in 2005. And despite the kindergarten description of PR's location by the POTUS, I tend to take their word concerning relief efforts there.

That said, over the years the U.S. has really crapped on a lot of "citizens" who have to live in these commonwealths we have created. A person from Haiti who successfully applies for citizenship is better off than the people in PR who are ostensibly "citizens".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-01-2017, 07:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Could be. I haven't been keeping up on what everyone claims. And politicians are politicians after all.

Actually, the situation in PR reminds me a lot of the situation in Katrina in some respects. Namely, they are having a hard time getting to some of the places hit because infrastructure is so damaged.

I tended to take the Bush Admin's word for the situation back in 2005. And despite the kindergarten description of PR's location by the POTUS, I tend to take their word concerning relief efforts there.

That said, over the years the U.S. has really crapped on a lot of "citizens" who have to live in these commonwealths we have created. A person from Haiti who successfully applies for citizenship is better off than the people in PR who are ostensibly "citizens".

The 20% of truckers not reporting comes directly from Colonel Valle coordinating the relief effort.

Here's what he also said

“There should be zero blame on the drivers. They can’t get to work, the infrastructure is destroyed, they can’t get fuel themselves, and they can’t call us for help because there’s no communication. The will of the people of Puerto Rico is off the charts. The truck drivers have families to take care of, many of them have no food or water. They have to take care of their family’s needs before they go off to work, and once they do go, they can’t call home,”
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-02-2017, 10:01 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The 20% of truckers not reporting comes directly from Colonel Valle coordinating the relief effort.

Here's what he also said

“There should be zero blame on the drivers. They can’t get to work, the infrastructure is destroyed, they can’t get fuel themselves, and they can’t call us for help because there’s no communication. The will of the people of Puerto Rico is off the charts. The truck drivers have families to take care of, many of them have no food or water. They have to take care of their family’s needs before they go off to work, and once they do go, they can’t call home,”

It's 80% not reporting in. Only 20% did report. You got the numbers mixed around.

They can't get fuel because you need truckers to deliver fuel. The truckers families don't have food or water because you need truckers to deliver the food and water.

So if they reported to their jobs, they WOULD have fuel, and their families WOULD have food and water. They're exacerbating their own problems by not reporting in, is the end result.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-02-2017, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's 80% not reporting in. Only 20% did report. You got the numbers mixed around.

They can't get fuel because you need truckers to deliver fuel. The truckers families don't have food or water because you need truckers to deliver the food and water.

So if they reported to their jobs, they WOULD have fuel, and their families WOULD have food and water. They're exacerbating their own problems by not reporting in, is the end result.

Puerto Rican native colonel in charge of the relief efforts probably knows less than you. Makes sense. 

I guess I should repeat what he said

"they can’t get to work, the infrastructure is destroyed"
 "they can’t get fuel themselves"
"they can’t call us for help because there’s no communication."

You keep saying "if they reported". They CAN'T report. The guy who knows more than you said that. The lack of fuel and the impassable roads are what prevents them from helping others get fuel. The lack of communication (remember 70% cannot call anyone) prevents them from requesting assistance to get to their job to help others. 

The mental gymnastics you're doing to defend Trump increasingly obvious incompetence is incredible. 

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hell-to-pay-over-water-food-deliveries-puerto-rico-governor-warns/ar-AAtajue?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Quote:Puerto Rican Governor Ricardo Rossello on Monday ordered an investigation into water distribution on the hurricane-battered island and warned there would be "hell to pay" for mishandling of supplies.

Rossello said drinking water supplies have been restored to nearly 60 percent of the island but some areas in the north remained at around 20 percent nearly three weeks after Hurricane Maria hit the U.S. territory.

The government was delivering food and water supplies to municipalities but people in some areas said they were not receiving them from local authorities.

Rossello told a news briefing in San Juan he ordered an investigation of water distribution after receiving complaints.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/10/09/puerto-rico-aid-hurricane-maria/741739001/
Quote:Nearly three weeks after Hurricane Maria devastated this U.S. territory in the Caribbean, individuals and charities on the U.S. mainland trying to send supplies to the island are facing a series of bottlenecks that are keeping help from reaching those most in need.

The barriers range from a lack of communication to blocked roads to a shortage of vehicles and drivers to make deliveries.

As a result, one Port of San Juan terminal is storing 3,400 containers — more than double the usual number, said Jose “Pache” Ayala, vice president and general manager for Puerto Rico at Crowley Maritime Corp.

Because of tangled power lines across roads, washed out bridges and highways and knocked out cellphone towers and radio antennas across the island, materials are leaving the Crowley terminal gate at 70% the normal rate before the storm, Ayala said.

The backlog affects goods and equipment from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, such as food and bottled water, bucket trucks, front-end loaders and 275,000 gallons of diesel and 75,000 gallons of gasoline.

Corruption, ineffective local government, and people still not reporting in for work *three weeks* later.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
FEMA has also cut out the San Juan mayor of what is going on.... said she was only about political stunts.

PR is a mess and it has nothing to do with the hurricane damage.