Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undeserving Steelers Barely Defeat Horrible Team; Bengals With Nothing to Fear
Exclamation 
This Steelers team really looks like garbage and the rapist coming back won't help very much. They can run the ball a little bit but that's about it.

Steelers will probably go 8-8 as their illustrious past continues to fade into the background and out of the consciousness of all NFL fans.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Ben called that last play. Awesome, but why is he drawing up the plays?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:00 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Apparently Ben called that last play. Awesome, but why is he drawing up the plays?

Because he needs to take credit for it somehow so he can tell us all how legendary he believes he is.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I would say they deserved the W. They won the turnover battle and dominated a patchwork Chargers OL. Tough win on the road with their backup QB. It was ugly, but they know they won't win pretty with Vick at QB, and they need to stay reasonably close in the standings and hope Ben can come back on a major tear to have any shot at the division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:14 AM)Whatever Wrote: Meh, I would say they deserved the W. 

What you say is not nearly as authoritative as what I say.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:14 AM)Whatever Wrote: Meh, I would say they deserved the W. They won the turnover battle and dominated a patchwork Chargers OL. Tough win on the road with their backup QB. It was ugly, but they know they won't win pretty with Vick at QB, and they need to stay reasonably close in the standings and hope Ben can come back on a major tear to have any shot at the division.

Vick threw 4 ints, but they caught the one and only one that wasn't an easy pick 6.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:24 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Vick threw 4 ints, but they caught the one and only one that wasn't an easy pick 6.

It wasn't all Vick's fault. Those receivers don't know what they're doing.
Reply/Quote
While I like a gutsy play call, there was a 4 way tie in my pick ems pool. I needed a combined score of 46-50 to win. Had the Steelers kicked the FG, a TD in OT would have given me exactly 46.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:58 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: This Steelers team really looks like garbage and the rapist coming back won't help very much. They can run the ball a little bit but that's about it.

Steelers will probably go 8-8 as their illustrious past continues to fade into the background and out of the consciousness of all NFL fans.

Your first sentence makes it unnecessary to read the rest.  A washed up backup who has been with the team less than two months vs a future HoFer with extensive knowledge and experience of a very intricate offense?  Yep, not much of a difference there.   Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:00 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Apparently Ben called that last play. Awesome, but why is he drawing up the plays?

He saw something the defense was doing that they could exploit, and he was right.  Is this a problem for you?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:06 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He saw something the defense was doing that they could exploit, and he was right.  Is this a problem for you?

There should have been at least 2 other people who saw whatever he saw first.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:36 AM)6andcounting Wrote: There should have been at least 2 other people who saw whatever he saw first.

You do realize we're talking about the Steelers coaching staff here, right? :snark:
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:36 AM)6andcounting Wrote: There should have been at least 2 other people who saw whatever he saw first.

1) How do you know that they didn't? 
2) Why would it be such a bad thing if your starting QB saw it first?  Why does that scenario have to be coach incompetence (which you seem to be implying) instead of QB excellence?  

Ben's the guy who - when healthy - has to see and react to these things on the field when his helmet speaker is turned off. So if he's seeing it on the same level (or higher) than the coaches, that can only be a good thing.  
Reply/Quote

Because SOMEONE had to realize Vick's better when he rolls to his left and his only real ability left is to throw it deep.

Helps that the WR was wide open and the defender stumbled trying to catch him though.

55 minutes of awful coaching in that game on the offensive side of the ball.

Even the last play to win it Tomlin didn't know what was going on.

Quote:Tomlin thought he had time to run the play and call TO.

(starts at 1:10)

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Tomlins-thoughts-on-final-play-of-the-game/fb4b154d-d09b-47cf-aba1-f075dff02851

Real "gutsy".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I thought Tomlin thought he had the time to run and call timeout, and he really should have had more time. The Steelers got robbed of like 18 secs on the previous kickoff. The clock ticked off 18 seconds on a touchback.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I thought Tomlin thought he had the time to run and call timeout, and he really should have had more time.  The Steelers got robbed of like 18 secs on the previous kickoff.  The clock ticked off 18 seconds on a touchback.

I read that this morning.  But I seriously doubt Tomlin knew that.  He thought with 5 second left he could run that play and still call TO.

Takes some of the gutsy out of it.

But 'yinzer nation just forgot about the previous 55 minutes of bad offense so I guess that makes it OK.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I read that this morning.  But I seriously doubt Tomlin knew that.  He thought with 5 second left he could run that play and still call TO.

Takes some of the gutsy out of it.

But 'yinzer nation just forgot about the previous 55 minutes of bad offense so I guess that makes it OK.

I don't know about the rest of 'yinzer nation', but I just kind of assumed that the offense was going to be bad with a washed up backup QB who's only had 7 weeks to learn a very difficult system designed for an elite QB to operate.  Any success - late or otherwise - was a pleasant surprise to me.  
Reply/Quote
Good call by Tomlin... Go for the win. Keep the ball out of Vick's hands in overtime.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Good call by Tomlin... Go for the win. Keep the ball out of Vick's hands in overtime.

Yep, and you can never take ANY team in this division for granted.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Good call by Tomlin... Go for the win. Keep the ball out of Vick's hands in overtime.

They certainly tried to keep it out of his hands for 58 other minutes of the game...
Reply/Quote